LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Le Tour 2010

Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by 190836:
Sad day for a great champion.

I was really surprised when Lance finished 3rd overall last year. Seeing how Lance has had less than ideal preparation leading into Le Tour (outside of 2nd overall at Tour de Suisse), it's difficult watching how his last Tour has gone so far. I hope he sticks it out and works for his teammates. Amazing too how much bad luck he has encountered so far in comparison to the good form and luck of his previous winning Tour campaigns.

Lance has already stated he will finish the tour to help the team. Father time just caught up with Lance this go around. No worries, he has already done more for the sport than anyone ever.

Lemond is a douche.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I was really surprised when Lance finished 3rd overall last year. Seeing how Lance has had less than ideal preparation leading into Le Tour (outside of 2nd overall at Tour de Suisse), it's difficult watching how his last Tour has gone so far. I hope he sticks it out and works for his teammates. Amazing too how much bad luck he has encountered so far in comparison to the good form and luck of his previous winning Tour campaigns.

Lance has already stated he will finish the tour to help the team. Father time just caught up with Lance this go around. No worries, he has already done more for the sport than anyone ever.

Lemond is a douche.

Father time? Or lack of juice?
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Lemond is a douche.

Lack of father juice.

6th - Lance turns 39 next month. That is old by cycling standards and he is one of the oldest riders in this year's Tour. Compare that to other serious podium contenders like Contador (28), Andy Schleck (25) and even Cadel Evans (33).

Look at the time lost from his flat tire on the cobbles with a supposed hip injury and the multiple crashes yesterday (one of which was his own fault when he rode into a curb) which appeared to be demoralizing. Reportedly he never suffered a flat tire during his 7 Tour victories. That in itself is amazing to me. Physically he wasn't in top shape coming into the Tour and he hasn't had good luck on his side either.

As for the juice argument, he has never tested positive despite being one of the most heavily doping control tested athletes. Although I'm sure the accusations by Landis and others will continue even when Lance has retired, he's still innocent until proven guilty. I'll leave it at that...
  • Veteran

6th - Lance turns 39 next month. That is old by cycling standards and he is one of the oldest riders in this year's Tour. Compare that to other serious podium contenders like Contador (28), Andy Schleck (25) and even Cadel Evans (33).

Look at the time lost from his flat tire on the cobbles with a supposed hip injury and the multiple crashes yesterday (one of which was his own fault when he rode into a curb) which appeared to be demoralizing. Reportedly he never suffered a flat tire during his 7 Tour victories. That in itself is amazing to me. Physically he wasn't in top shape coming into the Tour and he hasn't had good luck on his side either.

As for the juice argument, he has never tested positive despite being one of the most heavily doping control tested athletes. Although I'm sure the accusations by Landis and others will continue even when Lance has retired, he's still innocent until proven guilty. I'll leave it at that...

Lance doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. He has seven TDF yellow jerseys to prove that. Bad luck is just that, bad luck. You can't fall just before a major climb and expect to recover and keep up with world class climbers like Contador or A. Schleck. Not when you are going at 65KM/H.
Looks like a two horse race now?
Originally posted by redrose49er:

Shleck and Contador and my hopes are on Shleck. But he has to put some distance between him and Contador. Contador owns the time trial.
Originally posted by BigRon:

Shleck and Contador and my hopes are on Shleck. But he has to put some distance between him and Contador. Contador owns the time trial.

Yep, all AC has to do is sit on Andy's back wheel through the Pyrenees and then smoke him in the time trial. It'll likely be game over.
Really hoping for a sprint win for Cav today, dreaming of seeing him in Green on the Champs Elysees.
  • Veteran
Really hoping for a sprint win for Cav today, dreaming of seeing him in Green on the Champs Elysees.

You got your wish, he did it again.

You got your wish, he did it again.

Not too sure about Renshaw's head butting efforts.

That and he drifted to his left after seeing Tyler Farrar trying to sprint past him on that side. They DQ'd Renshaw for his actions.

That and he drifted to his left after seeing Tyler Farrar trying to sprint past him on that side. They DQ'd Renshaw for his actions.

Disqualification seems a bit harsh, those Frenchies hate seeing a Brit pile up stage wins on their patch.
Disqualification seems a bit harsh, those Frenchies hate seeing a Brit pile up stage wins on their patch.

A fine and a warning for Renshaw probably would've been adequate. I'm sure it's more about Cavendish than Renshaw. The DQ could be in partial retaliation for Cav's rude gesture in the past? Dude's a great sprinter and is finally learning to control his sometimes impulsive behavior. He appears to be much more polished doing interviews this Tour.

• Veteran
Get your popcorns ready boys, pyrenees are starting sunday. Its going to be great.
Share 49ersWebzone