LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

***Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread***

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
How's Blanton working out for you? I have a feeling that we're not missing much.

He's actually been pretty solid. His first outing was a little rough, but since then he's been good. A hell of a lot better than Eaton at any rate. Our problem lately is that when we get great performances from our pitchers, we can't score any runs. I can't count how many times our starters have gone at least 7 solid inning while allow 3 runs or less (usually less) and we can't get the 1 or 2 runs we need to win.

This team's problem lately has been hitting, not pitching.
BIG win last night. Feliz was great as a sub. I still can't believe that Manuel continues to go to Madson in key situations though.

Screw the right/lefty matchup. JC had been amazing getting out the first two batters on a pickoff and a very long strikeout. So, he walked the next guy, he is still WAY more clutch than Madson who came in a promptly let the runner on first get to second and a wild pitch and then gave up the potential go ahead hit.

The kid is good in regular situations, but when the heat is really on he falls flat way too often. Romero and Durbin should be used as the 7th/8th inning guys when it's close, leave the middle relief stuff for Madson, Or at least when we have a couple run or so lead.
got the ageless wonder pitching tonight against the Muts
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Knowledge:
got the ageless wonder pitching tonight against the Muts

Pat Burrell!!!
HOLY CRAP!!!! What a win last night!!
Originally posted by jnew62:

Yeah, but what a couple of awful losses since. Two keys games in a row blown because good ol' Charlie can't manage his bullpet for crap.

Putting Madson and/or Seanez out there in key situations is freakin' suicide. I swear there are times it's like he doesn't know what players he has on his team.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by jnew62:

Yeah, but what a couple of awful losses since. Two keys games in a row blown because good ol' Charlie can't manage his bullpet for crap.

Putting Madson and/or Seanez out there in key situations is freakin' suicide. I swear there are times it's like he doesn't know what players he has on his team.

I disagree, I think he's a perfect mgr. for this team. And the bullpen has been solid all year. 3 games back heading into Shea. Biggest series for the Phils since, well last season at this time. GO PHILS!!
GO BLANTON!!!
BRETT MYERS!!!
Well folks, I think that is all she wrote for the 2008 season.

• Brew
  • Veteran
man... da hell's burrell doing?

he ran out of gas or something?
South Jersey here. LET'S GO PHILLIES!!! (The only hometown team I support.)
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:

North Jersey!!!
Originally posted by qnbrew88:

North Jersey!!!

South Jersey
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by qnbrew88:

North Jersey!!!

South Jersey

Westchester, NY here. I know it's not local but I still make the trip for my Sunday season tickets. If anybody's interested in going this Sun. I can't make it. It against the Nats. GO PHILLIES!!!
Share 49ersWebzone