There are 256 users in the forums

***Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread***

Not sure how many Phils fans we have in here, but living on the East Coast now I've had season tickets for 5 years. Anyways, the season is going well and is looking up with the addition of Joe Blanton.

Anyone else a Phils fan in here?
you know it!!!! i made a phillies thread earlier in the year but it didnt stick around to long lets make this one stay! Go Phils!!!!!! im excited about the Blanton trade..although hes having a down year hes been good in past years and its always good to get a fresh start..i think he'll have something to prove and pitch well..hopefully myers can turn things around as well if not i hope we call up carrasco or bring happ back up who just pitched a no hitter thru 7 last night for the iron pigs
Originally posted by Knowledge:
you know it!!!! i made a phillies thread earlier in the year but it didnt stick around to long lets make this one stay! Go Phils!!!!!! im excited about the Blanton trade..although hes having a down year hes been good in past years and its always good to get a fresh start..i think he'll have something to prove and pitch well..hopefully myers can turn things around as well if not i hope we call up carrasco or bring happ back up who just pitched a no hitter thru 7 last night for the iron pigs

You hit it right on the head. The Phils will have Myers and Blanton in the rotation in a week or so. As long as I don't have to see Adam Eaton anymore, I'll be fine. And to not have to give up Carrasco? WOW. So the rotation should be Hamels,Blanton,Moyer,Myers,Kendrick. Not bad, for a team with as stacked a lineup as the Phillies have. I'm happy for the most part. It's yet to be seen whether we will regret not including Carrasco in the deal and getting Bedard back, but I'll trust Gillick for now.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Lol, theres 3 posts...(4 now)

Originally posted by jrg1:

come on give us a chance

come on give us a chance

That's all we need. 3-4 posts a day will keep this thread alive. I mean, the Giants only score 3-4 runs a week and people still show up to their games!!
Originally posted by jnew62:

come on give us a chance

That's all we need. 3-4 posts a day will keep this thread alive. I mean, the Giants only score 3-4 runs a week and people still show up to their games!!

we got the ageless wonder pitching tonight
wooooooo Ryan Howard 29th of the year
The Phillies were recently working on a blockbuster with Colorado that would have netted them Brian Fuentes and Matt Holliday for something like Shane Victorino, J.A. Happ, Carlos Carrasco, and Lou Marson. Those talks have stalled, and the added payroll might've been a problem for the Phillies anyway.

stalled!?!?!? wtf you mean stalled make that happen

Phils win 4-2 taking a 1 game lead in the east over the mets. the ageless wonder picks up another win increasing his record to 9-6. Lidge gets his 21 consecutive save
1 game up on the Mets. Big win tonight. It's going to be a great finish to the pennant.
Not looking good, losing in the 9th inning right now. Gotta hope Oliver Perez lays an egg tonight.
tough loss yesterday got Cole pitching today hopefully we can pickup the win and take the series
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Went to a phillies nationals game last year in philly. Had an awesome time. Citizens Bank Park is always good cause of how easy it is to get homers there.

Actually it was Rowand who got a homer in the 8th to win that game.
Share 49ersWebzone