-
eastcoast49ersfan
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 4,112
We will still suck next year, but that's to be expected for a rebuilding team. Things to be excited about:
1. Chip Kelly possibly being a long term answer at coach.
2. Watching our defensive line develop with Buckner/Armstead and our offensive line start to mesh (hopefully).
3. A high draft pick and very active draft forum.
4. A new GM if we win 3-5 games.
5. More of this:

d
-
Viperboy
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 2,763
So I take it that your not from the " hey as long as we show some improvement " crowd
I recommend College Football and high dollar fantasy Football.
-
gold49er2183
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 6,437
Most likely but will still watch and cheer.
-
NorthBay49er
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 11,632
Lol u bout to get roasted by the optimistic crew!
-
SanDiego49er
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 52,324
I expect another rebuilding year. But who knows what will happen?
-
thl408
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 33,324
But are you entertained?
-
SofaKing
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 27,442
It is what it is. One good thing about low expectations is you don't get too down when the team is struggling.
We had the most talented team in the sport and a Top 5 coach, only to completely sabotage the whole thing in just 4 years. Hopefully the next couple seasons worth of struggles will teach Jed and company a lesson.
-
Jasta
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 1,729
What were you hoping would happen? We'd sneak into the Panther's locker room, swap the jerseys for red and gold and just hope nobody notices?
Short of putting yourself in a coma you're going to be in for a few long seasons with or without Baalke, Jed etc.
-
PacTiger
- Member
-
- Posts: 30,146
I watched through the Erickson years and the Nolan years. Can't be worse than those years. I have a little hope for gabber. Kap has his own limitations. But those two guys are much better than the dilfer/JTO/etc years and all of the early alex years. Those years were really, really brutal.
-
16to87
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 7,697
Hello Captain Obvious
-
5Jan2003
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 1,160
Ok I'll face it. You're right.
But I can't wait until the games that count start in September cus I love me some football.
Go Niners.
-
jedediahyork
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 4,988
If Blaine starts, 16-0. If Kap starts, 0-16.
So... 8-8.
-
4everFaithful
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 6,646
Originally posted by jedediahyork:
If Blaine starts, 16-0. If Kap starts, 0-16.
So... 8-8.
I think we will be much better than expected, it all comes down to the QB play
-
Young2Rice
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 71,767