49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 686 users in the forums

Let's face it this team is going to suck!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 170,708
10-6 if you count moral victories. Like only getting blown out by 21 against the Pats.
What's sad is that our brilliant GM did NOTHING to improve the team in FA. SMH.
Originally posted by walker807:
Jed coughed up 15 million due to his mistake in Tomsula. If he was as cheap as the zone claims, we would be entering year two with Tomsula. Im not a fan of Jed but I like to see mistakes be accounted for like Tomsulas firing.

Ill give him that, he did atone for those mistakes.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't think anyone is thinking we are a playoff team at all lol...We're rebuilding man. I'm gonna root for my team like I have for the past 25+ years and I'm excited to see what this coaching staff and all the young players can do.

I am expecting improvement from last season. I'm expecting some sort of answer on where we need to go on certain positions like QB, OLB, WR...then I'm expecting those positions if not playing to the level we want, to be addressed in the next off season in some sort of fashion.

IF some of these young guns pan out we could have a very good core of players that will be on this team for some time. Some people are more pessimistic on this which is cool that's their prerogative. I do think there's some good young talent just need coaching/reps.

We will see! Love my team, always will

Yep.. How do you go out and fix everything at once? You can't. This draft addressed huge holes. Next year we will know where the next two biggest ones are and address those in the draft again... And we will have a better handle on the young guys by then, and what we realy have. We can make a couple of upgrades in FA, not necessarily huge names, and by then I expect to see an entirely different view of the 49ers going into 2017,by the fans, the press and the league. I don't see a ton of wins this year, but I expect a lot of improvement in how we play.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 170,708
Originally posted by pdizo916:
What's sad is that our brilliant GM did NOTHING to improve the team in FA. SMH.

he has a plan. Going to sign a huge FA next season. Source tells me it's Ted Ginn Jr. Keep it on the hush tho.
Is that you Lowell Cohn?
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't think anyone is thinking we are a playoff team at all lol...We're rebuilding man. I'm gonna root for my team like I have for the past 25+ years and I'm excited to see what this coaching staff and all the young players can do.

I am expecting improvement from last season. I'm expecting some sort of answer on where we need to go on certain positions like QB, OLB, WR...then I'm expecting those positions if not playing to the level we want, to be addressed in the next off season in some sort of fashion.

IF some of these young guns pan out we could have a very good core of players that will be on this team for some time. Some people are more pessimistic on this which is cool that's their prerogative. I do think there's some good young talent just need coaching/reps.

We will see! Love my team, always will

Yep.. How do you go out and fix everything at once? You can't. This draft addressed huge holes. Next year we will know where the next two biggest ones are and address those in the draft again... And we will have a better handle on the young guys by then, and what we realy have. We can make a couple of upgrades in FA, not necessarily huge names, and by then I expect to see an entirely different view of the 49ers going into 2017,by the fans, the press and the league. I don't see a ton of wins this year, but I expect a lot of improvement in how we play.

Yup I see a team similar to Oakland heading into 2017. They only won 7 games last yr, but people and players can see some sort of direction.

I still think we will need a QB heading into next off season and I think that needs to be priority #1 at any cost. Throw some big cash at Jeffery and resign some of our own..... we could be looking at a play possible playoff squad in 2017-2018 built to be competitive for years not for two or three seasons.
10-6 and a wildcard berth
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 60,541
i think it is foolish to declare the season and our team dead on july18th. i will believe we will suck when I see it.
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
I just hate how good we were and could have continued to be had Trent just drafted right! I hate how Seattle passed us up. Eddie would have been punching out fans in their parking lot while Jed counts his stacks. Frustration and one thing I can't help is the closer the season gets I don't expect them to lose I can't even when we suck. I have this inherent optimism that was born and bread from growing up with them in the 80's! I wish I could break that it would make seasons like last year a lot easier. I'm still pissed about Harbaugh's last year and watching Dick Sherman and Russell Wilson eat Thanksgiving dinner on our field! WTF! Nobody really seemed to care except for us. It was the last of a talented team sleep walking through the season. I just hope this rebuild doesn't take another 8 years. I can't believe I posted on here crushing people for not buying into Tomsula. I bought into him like an idiot and I was dead wrong and knew it by week 2. Now Jed did it once with JH and I do believe he can do it again but he's got to get rid of that idiot Baalke. Make him a DB coach but get him out!

>>I have this inherent optimism .........

No sir, you do not. You may have a lot of good qualities, but "inherent optimism" is not one of them.
Just be patient......the 2016 draft was actually a great draft......it wasn't sexy, but we actually got significant pieces to build a championship team around. In a couple of years we will be back on top as one of the more dominant teams challenging for the SB again.
  • Jiks
  • Member
  • Posts: 29,220
This is news to me... I would expect a team rebuilding to be SB favorite.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
What's sad is that our brilliant GM did NOTHING to improve the team in FA. SMH.

Actually Baalke had a good draft this year, but his offseasons have always been light. Baalke usually brings in one or two high profile free agents per season, peppered with mid tier veterans for depth, not this offseason. In fact, every offseason it's less and less free agent signings, sounds to me that players in the league are hearing through the grapevine that he's a jerk and their staying away. Or Jed won't let him spend the money, it's either one or the other, because a good GM doesn't work like that.
[ Edited by vermonator on Jul 18, 2016 at 9:09 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't think anyone is thinking we are a playoff team at all lol...We're rebuilding man. I'm gonna root for my team like I have for the past 25+ years and I'm excited to see what this coaching staff and all the young players can do.

I am expecting improvement from last season. I'm expecting some sort of answer on where we need to go on certain positions like QB, OLB, WR...then I'm expecting those positions if not playing to the level we want, to be addressed in the next off season in some sort of fashion.

IF some of these young guns pan out we could have a very good core of players that will be on this team for some time. Some people are more pessimistic on this which is cool that's their prerogative. I do think there's some good young talent just need coaching/reps.

We will see! Love my team, always will

Yep.. How do you go out and fix everything at once? You can't. This draft addressed huge holes. Next year we will know where the next two biggest ones are and address those in the draft again... And we will have a better handle on the young guys by then, and what we realy have. We can make a couple of upgrades in FA, not necessarily huge names, and by then I expect to see an entirely different view of the 49ers going into 2017,by the fans, the press and the league. I don't see a ton of wins this year, but I expect a lot of improvement in how we play.

Yup I see a team similar to Oakland heading into 2017. They only won 7 games last yr, but people and players can see some sort of direction.

I still think we will need a QB heading into next off season and I think that needs to be priority #1 at any cost. Throw some big cash at Jeffery and resign some of our own..... we could be looking at a play possible playoff squad in 2017-2018 built to be competitive for years not for two or three seasons.

trade for Cousins by any means necessary.



Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
What's sad is that our brilliant GM did NOTHING to improve the team in FA. SMH.

Actually Baalke had a good draft this year, but his offseasons have always been light. Baalke usually brings in one or two high profile free agents per season, peppered with mid tier veterans for depth, not this offseason. In fact, every offseason it's less and less free agent signings, sounds to me that players in the league are hearing through the grapevine that he's a jerk and their staying away. Or Jed won't let him spend the money, it's either one or the other, because a good GM doesn't work like that.

i cant wait until he's gone.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't think anyone is thinking we are a playoff team at all lol...We're rebuilding man. I'm gonna root for my team like I have for the past 25+ years and I'm excited to see what this coaching staff and all the young players can do.

I am expecting improvement from last season. I'm expecting some sort of answer on where we need to go on certain positions like QB, OLB, WR...then I'm expecting those positions if not playing to the level we want, to be addressed in the next off season in some sort of fashion.

IF some of these young guns pan out we could have a very good core of players that will be on this team for some time. Some people are more pessimistic on this which is cool that's their prerogative. I do think there's some good young talent just need coaching/reps.

We will see! Love my team, always will

Yep.. How do you go out and fix everything at once? You can't. This draft addressed huge holes. Next year we will know where the next two biggest ones are and address those in the draft again... And we will have a better handle on the young guys by then, and what we realy have. We can make a couple of upgrades in FA, not necessarily huge names, and by then I expect to see an entirely different view of the 49ers going into 2017,by the fans, the press and the league. I don't see a ton of wins this year, but I expect a lot of improvement in how we play.

Yup I see a team similar to Oakland heading into 2017. They only won 7 games last yr, but people and players can see some sort of direction.

I still think we will need a QB heading into next off season and I think that needs to be priority #1 at any cost. Throw some big cash at Jeffery and resign some of our own..... we could be looking at a play possible playoff squad in 2017-2018 built to be competitive for years not for two or three seasons.

Unfortunately, I agree with you that we are going to need a QB.i don't see any way we don't actually. I was not a Dan of reaching for Goff or Wentz, didn't think either one was worth the price that was paid. Next year may not be easier to pull off a QB in the draft but if thst is how we go I am hopeful there may be one worth trading up for. Or a FA signing with all that cap space lol. But I don't think Kap is the answer, and only the most hopefully optimistic out there truly believe Gabbert is. Let's just hope some young players step up and fill our gaping holes/questions at WR, OT, any LB position or CB. Solidifying a couple of those holes makes the draft easier next year for sure.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't think anyone is thinking we are a playoff team at all lol...We're rebuilding man. I'm gonna root for my team like I have for the past 25+ years and I'm excited to see what this coaching staff and all the young players can do.

I am expecting improvement from last season. I'm expecting some sort of answer on where we need to go on certain positions like QB, OLB, WR...then I'm expecting those positions if not playing to the level we want, to be addressed in the next off season in some sort of fashion.

IF some of these young guns pan out we could have a very good core of players that will be on this team for some time. Some people are more pessimistic on this which is cool that's their prerogative. I do think there's some good young talent just need coaching/reps.

We will see! Love my team, always will

Yep.. How do you go out and fix everything at once? You can't. This draft addressed huge holes. Next year we will know where the next two biggest ones are and address those in the draft again... And we will have a better handle on the young guys by then, and what we realy have. We can make a couple of upgrades in FA, not necessarily huge names, and by then I expect to see an entirely different view of the 49ers going into 2017,by the fans, the press and the league. I don't see a ton of wins this year, but I expect a lot of improvement in how we play.

Yup I see a team similar to Oakland heading into 2017. They only won 7 games last yr, but people and players can see some sort of direction.

I still think we will need a QB heading into next off season and I think that needs to be priority #1 at any cost. Throw some big cash at Jeffery and resign some of our own..... we could be looking at a play possible playoff squad in 2017-2018 built to be competitive for years not for two or three seasons.

trade for Cousins by any means necessary.



Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
What's sad is that our brilliant GM did NOTHING to improve the team in FA. SMH.

Actually Baalke had a good draft this year, but his offseasons have always been light. Baalke usually brings in one or two high profile free agents per season, peppered with mid tier veterans for depth, not this offseason. In fact, every offseason it's less and less free agent signings, sounds to me that players in the league are hearing through the grapevine that he's a jerk and their staying away. Or Jed won't let him spend the money, it's either one or the other, because a good GM doesn't work like that.

i cant wait until he's gone.

I suggest holding your breath while you wait.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone