LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

Which one of our free agent signings/trades will upgrade their position the most?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which one of our free agent signings/trades will upgrade their position the most?

I'm not going off name value here but which guy will bring the most stability to their postion on the team this year?

Not expecting much of an upgrade with Dahl, if he starts. Me personally, as inconsistent as our special teams was last year, both in coverage and in field goal accuracy, I'm pulling for Dawson or Skuta.
Dawson, he's a pro bowler. Very excited to see Kaep with Boldin. Skuta looks to be a beast for special teams. Don't understand Dahl signing. Curious to see how Dorsey develops. Hoping Nnamdi is solid.
[ Edited by thenovemberrain on Apr 7, 2013 at 12:50 PM ]
its dorsey he'll play a lot and will benefit from good coaching more so than any of the other pickups.
dorcey will be a beast but the group that we need to be ugraded the best is the secondary. i think nnamdi being able to bully receivers is huge. especially with the big receivers in our division you have to be able to push those guys around
Dawson.

We went from one of the worst to one of the best (statistically) kickers in the league, that's a hell of an upgrade imo.
Boldin will not only catch tough passes but he is the best run blocking receiver in the nfl.

Boldin makes everyone better, and he adds a nasty streak to the offense.
Boldin will be a productive receiver plus a monster in run blocking.

A darkhorse is Skuta. Good special teamer
Boldin, hands down. He will make Crbs, and Vernon better receivers just by being on the field. True Vernon is TE, but with angquan, crbs, vernon all on the field together, that is formidable receiving corps.
Glenn Dorsey is flying under the radar. He's a big-time talent, and the coaching staff will put him in positions to succeed. I think he starts at NT, and he can play 5 tech in a 3-4, or 3 tech in a 4-3. He's a big upgrade over Soap and RJF.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Glenn Dorsey is flying under the radar. He's a big-time talent, and the coaching staff will put him in positions to succeed. I think he starts at NT, and he can play 5 tech in a 3-4, or 3 tech in a 4-3. He's a big upgrade over Soap and RJF.

This...which is why I don't understand y everyone wants Jesse Williams with our first pick

Originally posted by SofaKing:

Agree, never had an assigned role with the Chiefs. Huge upgrade, will make the entire line better and apply pressure.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
This...which is why I don't understand y everyone wants Jesse Williams with our first pick

Depth...
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Boldin will be a productive receiver plus a monster in run blocking.

This!
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Depth...

We can get depth in the mid rounds. Other guys can do just as good eating up blockers which is a NT primary job
Boldin is a key upgrade over Randy Moss. Moss did his best at being a good example, but like theninermaniac said Boldin will make our offense even more tough. Outside of Crabtree our receivers aren't very tough, and Crabs has only recently become a tough receiver. With Boldin out there our offense will be known for our tank of a RB, tough as nails receivers and a monster o-line.
[ Edited by jvangeystel on Apr 7, 2013 at 5:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone