There are 180 users in the forums

Which one of our free agent signings/trades will upgrade their position the most?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which one of our free agent signings/trades will upgrade their position the most?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Dawson.

We went from one of the worst to one of the best (statistically) kickers in the league, that's a hell of an upgrade imo.

If we'd had Dawson this last season we'd have had the bye wrapped up early.
i think we have really improved our special ed teams from last year . a kicker , two guys who have a good special teams history and a possible diamond in the rough with the guy from miami
Keep in mind we also went from having the best kicker in 2011 (Akers FG record) to the worst in 2012 (Akers missed everything). So just cause Dawson made pro bowl or whatever last year means nothing. Saying that, i would assume he can kick very well for us this year (at least a lot better than Akers last year).

My vote (hope) would go to Nnamdi because if he balls out, our team will be that much better.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
Keep in mind we also went from having the best kicker in 2011 (Akers FG record) to the worst in 2012 (Akers missed everything). So just cause Dawson made pro bowl or whatever last year means nothing. Saying that, i would assume he can kick very well for us this year (at least a lot better than Akers last year).

My vote (hope) would go to Nnamdi because if he balls out, our team will be that much better.

no matter what dawson does or akers does,, we HAD to get rid of him. the coaches, the players and us fans were not willing to "hope" he would be ok and then to all of a sudden find out he is not and we are right back at square one that is one spot you will hear no monday morning coaching or quarterbacking for me. agree in your thoughts about our new corner. cost us little and we could get a great year out of him. all these guys they got are good people and locker room guys who should look very good in the blue work shirts!
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Glenn Dorsey is flying under the radar. He's a big-time talent, and the coaching staff will put him in positions to succeed. I think he starts at NT, and he can play 5 tech in a 3-4, or 3 tech in a 4-3. He's a big upgrade over Soap and RJF.

This...which is why I don't understand y everyone wants Jesse Williams with our first pick

I agree. What we need on the DL isn't a big run-stopper. Dorsey is very good against the run. What we need is an inside pass rusher. Somebody that can split double teams and flush the QB out of the pocket.

Jesse Williams is not the kind of player.
Boldin isnt really upgrading Moss by that much, but Nnamdi if he beats out Rogers might
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Boldin isnt really upgrading Moss by that much, but Nnamdi if he beats out Rogers might
i liked moss until the super bowl but really respectfully disagree with your theory on boldin.. i think its a major major upgrade
Not willing to answer this until midseason. But i hope its all of the above.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Glenn Dorsey is flying under the radar. He's a big-time talent, and the coaching staff will put him in positions to succeed. I think he starts at NT, and he can play 5 tech in a 3-4, or 3 tech in a 4-3. He's a big upgrade over Soap and RJF.

This...which is why I don't understand y everyone wants Jesse Williams with our first pick

I agree. What we need on the DL isn't a big run-stopper. Dorsey is very good against the run. What we need is an inside pass rusher. Somebody that can split double teams and flush the QB out of the pocket.

Jesse Williams is not the kind of player.

Sheldon Richardson would fit that roll so well. Would love to trade up for him, and we have a good chance with the excessive amount of draft picks we have.
Share 49ersWebzone