There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which season was more meaningful to you? 2011 or 2012?

Which season was more meaningful to you? 2011 or 2012?

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
2011... more loyalty.
This!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
2012 gives you a Franchise QB and a Super Bowl albeit a loss. So I don't see how this is close.

My brain says 2012, but my heart says 2011. -It's fun getting to witness a franchise rise out of the ashes, that Eagles game... one I will never, ever forget.
2012 was better finding a true franchise QB and turning the page on a disappointing player. And also making it to the super bowl even though we lost Im still glad we made it.
[ Edited by susweel on Feb 5, 2013 at 12:50 PM ]
The emergence of Colin Kaepernick and playing on the biggest stage gives '12 the edge. 2013 will dominate all.
Originally posted by WhyBenchAlex:
2011... more loyalty.
This!

2011 had the magic of the last minute victories against the Lions, Eagles, etc. And the finish of the Saints game was far and away the best ending to a football game that I've ever seen. 2012 felt more like unfinished business...that is now still unfinished. I spent 7 years watching Alex dig his way out of the depths to almost reach the Superbowl. Reaching the Superbowl with Kaepernick felt a bit hollow and unearned, so I was not as emotionally invested as I would have been had Alex been playing. But hey, not everyone feels the same way. That's just my experience.
2011... more loyalty.

This post makes me chuckle
Originally posted by Psinex:
2011... more loyalty.
This!

2011 had the magic of the last minute victories against the Lions, Eagles, etc. And the finish of the Saints game was far and away the best ending to a football game that I've ever seen. 2012 felt more like unfinished business...that is now still unfinished. I spent 7 years watching Alex dig his way out of the depths to almost reach the Superbowl. Reaching the Superbowl with Kaepernick felt a bit hollow and unearned, so I was not as emotionally invested as I would have been had Alex been playing. But hey, not everyone feels the same way. That's just my experience.

Like I said I didn't expect much out of the 2011 season because of number 11... to see Harbaugh turn this team around with him as our QB last year and in the first half of this year had me attached to Alex like I've never been before. So I'm with you on this.
2011 with a new coach didn't think we would get turned around so fast....
Originally posted by Sugar_Rush:
Originally posted by Psinex:
2011... more loyalty.
This!

Like I said I didn't expect much out of the 2011 season because of number 11... to see Harbaugh turn this team around with him as our QB last year and in the first half of this year had me attached to Alex like I've never been before. So I'm with you on this.

Yeah, while I'm firmly on the Kap bandwagon, it is unquestionable that a Super Bowl title brought by Alex would have been more satisfying from a fan standpoint than a Kap title. It's just a way better story.
2012, because we finally found our franchise QB.
2011 had such a magical and surprising feeling to it. it was a rare season, and it probably left me with the best feelings I've ever had over a team that actually didn't win it all.

2012 was fun, but it also led to my greatest heartbreak as a sports fan...

This is probably something where I can look back in 5 years and say I'd pick '12 over '11, but I'm just not ready to do that right now
2012 because we finally found a star QB. Both years will stick out in my mind as unfinished business. 2012 hurts more, and will have more of an impact on us going forward. It's going to be interesting how our guys respond, a true test of character. I want these guys to be out for blood next year.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Feb 5, 2013 at 2:33 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
2012 was better finding a true franchise QB and turning the page on a disappointing player. And also making it to the super bowl even though we lost Im still glad we made it.

True, the fact that we finally got a franchise QB 'almost' guarantees we'll at least be back to the Superbowl in the future, if not be in the playoffs and continue to be a successful franchise once again.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
2011... more loyalty.

This post makes me chuckle

It's funny how people can't let this go. Like its the first time a pro athlete lost his job to a better player.

Was it loyal? No. Was it fair? Absolutely

People need to remember that Walsh brought in Young when Montana already won us two SB's. Bill wanted Joe to constantly fight for his job, and it wasn't a gimmick, the threat was very real. Walsh would switch to Young without blinking an eye if he had to. It's about winning, not loyalty, and it would have been 100% fair.
I had basicly no hope until we got a real qb on the field. Now that kaps playing we will stay flying high with the potential for multiple superbowls!