LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 374 users in the forums

Peter King breaks down the last sequence

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Nope. A playoff loss I can get over with. A loss at the biggest stage is forever burned into my mind and heart. Also, 5-0>5-3 and 6-0>6-2, to me.

Totally agree with this! The 9ers were THE UNBEATEN DYNASTY...now they are just one of a good group of championship teams.

Mariucci, Erickson, Nolan, Singletary kept the streak alive. We need to get on of these guys back!
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Nope. A playoff loss I can get over with. A loss at the biggest stage is forever burned into my mind and heart. Also, 5-0>5-3 and 6-0>6-2, to me.

Totally agree with this! The 9ers were THE UNBEATEN DYNASTY...now they are just one of a good group of championship teams.

Mariucci, Erickson, Nolan, Singletary kept the streak alive. We need to get on of these guys back!

I like to call those the lost years. No streak as they didn't reach the Super Bowl. Streak was intact up until this year.

same here...and i was there

Hey Jed and Company... im really easy, i will take a 6-1 record and forget the past
Reading this makes my stomach hurt again.......Frank Gore didnt get a single touch?
Don't overreact guys. I am stunned trying to understand your logic with you rather being 6-10 regular season than being 5-1 in the superbowl. What is the logic? Being perfect is for perfectionist douche bags who think they are better than everybody. If anything this puts those 5 wins in perspective and should make you grateful for those 5 in the first place. I feel ashamed that so many of you have this attitude.

Let's see the Browns have a perfect super bowl record. Would you rather have their record? The good ol' 0-0 or 5-1? If any of you say you would rather have the former then I don't think you can be saved. The Ravens are now 2-0, do you want to trade our 5-1 for their 2-0? We can be perfectionist douche bags if we do.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Don't overreact guys. I am stunned trying to understand your logic with you rather being 6-10 regular season than being 5-1 in the superbowl. What is the logic? Being perfect is for perfectionist douche bags who think they are better than everybody. If anything this puts those 5 wins in perspective and should make you grateful for those 5 in the first place. I feel ashamed that so many of you have this attitude.

Let's see the Browns have a perfect super bowl record. Would you rather have their record? The good ol' 0-0 or 5-1? If any of you say you would rather have the former then I don't think you can be saved. The Ravens are now 2-0, do you want to trade our 5-1 for their 2-0? We can be perfectionist douche bags if we do.

The perfect Super Bowl record was the Niners argument as to why it's the #1 NFL franchise.

Now the Steelers are the clear choice and we are even with the Cowboys: because we are now rewarding the accomplishment of making the SB. I have no problem with this but we are no longer the #1 NFL franchise.
[ Edited by KEGster on Mar 9, 2013 at 2:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Daperez121:
Reading this makes my stomach hurt again.......Frank Gore didnt get a single touch?

Sneaking James in had worked earlier in the playoffs. Something that irks me is that for a team that was making it's 2nd straight deep run in the playoffs: We went by the book too often. All off season last year I heard how much a full off season work outs would help. Maybe the Ravens were in more hard fought battles over the years vs the Steelers. Something the Seahawks might be to us.
Originally posted by KEGster:
The perfect Super Bowl record was the Niners argument as to why it's the #1 NFL franchise.

Now the Steelers are the clear choice and we are even with the Cowboys: because we are now rewarding the accomplishment of making the SB. I have no problem with this but we are no longer the #1 NFL franchise.

6-2 with SB wins in this decade > 5-0 and spouting off about your past.

If you want 6 rings you got to man up and accept the fact that a loss is possible. I'd much rather have a definitive claim at #1. Didn't work out that way, but there's always next year.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
6-2 with SB wins in this decade > 5-0 and spouting off about your past.

If you want 6 rings you got to man up and accept the fact that a loss is possible.

Well yeah we do now because our boys "choked" in the SB 2 months ago. If we are talking truths
Well yeah we do now because our boys "choked" in the SB 2 months ago. If we are talking truths

I would have told you the same thing 3 years ago.

The Steelers have been #1 over us for years. I think people focus too much on the losses and forget about the wins. 6 will always be better than 5 no matter how many times you lose.

Let me ask you this would you rather have the Ravens perfect 2-0 or our 5-1 or maybe the Browns perfect 0-0? By that logic the Ravens have the best franchise in the NFL at 2-0 and the Saints/Buccs/Jets are second best at 1-0. Perfection means nothing when it comes to that. I would have traded our 5-0 for the Steelers 6-3 any day of the week.
I would have told you the same thing 3 years ago.

Okay well now we are #3. How does that sound?
The Steelers have been #1 over us for years. I think people focus too much on the losses and forget about the wins. 6 will always be better than 5 no matter how many times you lose.

Let me ask you this would you rather have the Ravens perfect 2-0 or our 5-1 or maybe the Browns perfect 0-0? By that logic the Ravens have the best franchise in the NFL at 2-0 and the Saints/Buccs/Jets are second best at 1-0. Perfection means nothing when it comes to that. I would have traded our 5-0 for the Steelers 6-3 any day of the week.

Not too mention that at some point the past is the past. Our last Super Bowl was in 94. I'm not saying I'm fine with the loss but it goes with the territory of trying to win it all.

Not too mention that at some point the past is the past. Our last Super Bowl was in 94. I'm not saying I'm fine with the loss but it goes with the territory of trying to win it all.

Yeah and don't get me wrong this loss kills me inside as much as any of you. I don't care about the loss of perfection I only care that we lost and that sucks but I can accept it and move on and hope we can get it done next season.
Okay well now we are #3. How does that sound?

Tied for 2nd to begin with. If you're going by percentages we still have a higher percentage than the Cowboys.

We didn't win, but at least we can tell Cowboy fan we're not hanging on to past glory like they are.
Share 49ersWebzone