LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 345 users in the forums

Peter King breaks down the last sequence

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by KEGster:
Okay well now we are #3. How does that sound?

Tied for 2nd to begin with. If you're going by percentages we still have a higher percentage than the Cowboys.

We didn't win, but at least we can tell Cowboy fan we're not hanging on to past glory like they are.

I always gave us the tie breaker with the cowpies because we got our 5 first. I would put it #1 Steelers #2 49ers #3 Cowboys. If we win a sixth I give the Steelers #1 because they got it first until somebody gets 7.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by KEGster:
The perfect Super Bowl record was the Niners argument as to why it's the #1 NFL franchise.

Now the Steelers are the clear choice and we are even with the Cowboys: because we are now rewarding the accomplishment of making the SB. I have no problem with this but we are no longer the #1 NFL franchise.

6-2 with SB wins in this decade > 5-0 and spouting off about your past.

If you want 6 rings you got to man up and accept the fact that a loss is possible. I'd much rather have a definitive claim at #1. Didn't work out that way, but there's always next year.

Completely agree with this. It sucks that we have a loss in the SB column now but am still a proud Niner fan. Sometimes you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet. We will be back.
NFL Championships

#1 Green Bay
#2 SF
#3 everyone else.

I do not care to think about Pittsburgh or Dallas.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
NFL Championships

#1 Green Bay
#2 SF
#3 everyone else.

Why do you have the fudge Packers as #1? Just because they won the first two?
Originally posted by BayArea:
NFL Championships

#1 Green Bay
#2 SF
#3 everyone else.

13 time world champions...kind of hard to ignore that record.
NFL Championships

#1 Green Bay
#2 SF
#3 everyone else.

Oh I didn't know you were counting pre-superbowl. I guess you kind of have to if we are talking franchises so I get what you are saying.
NFL Championships

#1 Green Bay
#2 SF
#3 everyone else.

Oh I didn't know you were counting pre-superbowl. I guess you kind of have to if we are talking franchises so I get what you are saying.

No problem...I still count the 80s niners as the best team in history. Just my opinion and I will always stick to it.
NFL Championships

#1 Green Bay
#2 SF
#3 everyone else.

No problem...I still count the 80s niners as the best team in history. Just my opinion and I will always stick to it.

I will stick right by your side with that one.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
NFL Championships

#1 Green Bay
#2 SF
#3 everyone else.

I will stick right by your side with that one.
of corse this is the truth. they even had a their own postage stamp.. 89 team was best but that 85 team that beat miami was pretty nice to.
Originally posted by mrwoodz:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Ask Chicago fans what they think of Ditka for not giving Walter a TD, ask Ditka what he still thinks.

Not going to Gore IMHO is a fireable offense.

If something comes from this loss, Jim will learn from John and fire his OC

Fire his OC? I agree it was a BIG mistake not to try to run, after the success we'd had running - but surely we don't fire the OC because of that. We had 2 100 yard receivers, and a 100 yard rusher.

We will lose Roman to a Head Coach role soon enough, but there is no need to show him the door. Surely we learned from our previous revolving door of coaches that change is not always good.

The coaches will all need to look at themselves after this loss - but it's small changes that need to be made. Not coach firings. (Admittedly I wouldn't be disappointed with a change in the Secondary, but I think the issue there may be the players more than Donatell. I'd sooner see Culliver and Whitner replaced than any of our coaches.

That play was so horrible. We should start over and rebuild. Fire everyone and trade the whole team away. We have enough picks to get it done.
[ Edited by juycho on Mar 10, 2013 at 6:35 AM ]

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by juycho:
That play was so horrible. We should start over and rebuild. Fire everyone and trade the whole team away. We have enough picks to get it done.
you can not argue the fact the coaches did f**k things up at the end. not going to what we do best as in running behind the best blocking line in the nfl and then not having the guys ready for the fake punt safety. here is a news flash,, you can hold coaches accountable for what you think they did a poor job of in the biggest game of the year.
Share 49ersWebzone