LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ace52:
Ginn must have a good game as the PR. At this point, I'm not expecting him to break a big one and score or anything like that. I just want him to handle the ball well, not turn it over, and not make any bone-headed decision.

I also hope that our special teams coverage will be good. We can't afford to spot Aaron Rodgers & Co. any freebie score or any short field.

Protection on field goal attempts must also hold up. God knows our kicker(s) have enough problems hitting their FGs, they don't need to get rushed or worry about getting their kicks blocked.
i get very scared when people say the game will boil down to ginn and jenkins maybe they will shock me

LOL. Not gonna happen. I dont expect much from either. As long as Ginn doesnt muff any i ill be happy. As long as Jenkins doesnt get any stupid penaltys from lining up wrong i will be happy.

This Game will be all about Gore. If we cant run the football we will lose. Hopefully we get a couple big plays from the passing game, but the road to victory is controlling the clock and running the damn football.
Agree, Green Bay routinely gets pushed around the run game. The got pushed around last week, if not for MIn not being able to throw at all, that game has a different outcome.
We're going to win. We will control TOP with the running game, and Kaep will make enough plays with his arm to put up some points. Defense shouldn't have much trouble stopping the run, forcing the Pack to air it out. Rodgers will put up some yards, but we'll be fine as long as we tackle well and don't get beat over the top.

The 49ers have routinely beaten 1-dimensional teams. It's teams with balance that give us trouble. The Pack have a prolific passing attack, but they don't run or defend the run well. DuJuan Harris has given them a spark recently, so it's important we stop him early to let him know he won't be a hero on this day.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 10, 2013 at 9:02 PM ]
Gut feeling is .. winner gets Seattle.
Originally posted by RussellWilson:
Gut feeling is .. winner gets Seattle.

Cmon down to the Stick my friend. Welcome to this a$$whipping. NFC West baby!!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ace52:
Ginn must have a good game as the PR. At this point, I'm not expecting him to break a big one and score or anything like that. I just want him to handle the ball well, not turn it over, and not make any bone-headed decision.

I also hope that our special teams coverage will be good. We can't afford to spot Aaron Rodgers & Co. any freebie score or any short field.

Protection on field goal attempts must also hold up. God knows our kicker(s) have enough problems hitting their FGs, they don't need to get rushed or worry about getting their kicks blocked.
i get very scared when people say the game will boil down to ginn and jenkins maybe they will shock me

LOL. Not gonna happen. I dont expect much from either. As long as Ginn doesnt muff any i ill be happy. As long as Jenkins doesnt get any stupid penaltys from lining up wrong i will be happy.

This Game will be all about Gore. If we cant run the football we will lose. Hopefully we get a couple big plays from the passing game, but the road to victory is controlling the clock and running the damn football.
if gore has four carries at halftime i will be so mad blood will come out of my faucets
Put me down with cc, and if our gameplan is the standard fare roman has put out of late, please, Jed, ship him off. Frank has to get the ball, and to do that, we are going to have to move 8 or 9 guys off LOS. Spread 3 WRS across the field, throw 3-4 yd passes on 1st and 2nd down, and let frank start getting his touches. Kap can show off his cannon if we get ahead. But if roman thinks we are going to win on 3 7 steppers and out, he is fooling only himself. This game, like cc has said a bunch of times, is coming down to coaching. Ours is currently bad, theirs is good. Have Coach H jerk the playcalling chart from roman, and let him call the game. Roman has blown in it in my book, and I don't want to see more of his inept playcalling. We can win this..with good playcalling. We have to get the pack off LOS. Ergo, we have to throw quick slants and outs until they move off LOS. That is assuming, Kap is able to complete a short pass. Jeez, I sure hope so.
My prediction: Mirror image of the saints game last year and A fourth catch either a 35yrd kap run or a 15yrd pass kap to crab and of course they must be third and three
Never go with my gut. Always go with my heart. And my heart says we're going to win 27 to 23. Think Kap and our running game will play extremely well and our defense will do enough to keep us ahead until it's over. Pack are a good team, but so are we. Had an extra week to prepare for them so there's no excuses. We should and WILL win this game.

Go 9ers baby!!!!!!!!!!!
If we run a lot of read option, this game will not end well. Kap has not been executing this well at all lately. He has been far less elusive since the NO game. I want to see solid smashmouth football like we played against the Bears. We had them reeling everytime we snapped the ball, and there was no (or very little) option, several HB dives, playaction, etc. We moved down the field very systematically.
Nervous... A decent amount of ? marks with our team and the Packers are healthy.

• thl408
Willis and Bowman have to handle their coverages when the Packers go 4 wideouts. They will do just that.

49ers! 24-21
[ Edited by thl408 on Jan 12, 2013 at 12:57 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
Willis and Bowman have to handle their coverages when the Packers go 4 wideouts. They will do just that.

49ers! 24-21

one of them will be off the field when we use our dime packages for 4 wideouts.
nate silver predicting a seahawks patriots superbowl
I have a feeling that it's going to be close. Both teams look very similar.
ARodg is overrated in the fact that he just an ''AMAZING OMG ''QB. All he does is

slant ,screen, dumpoff, checkdown, draw, playaction lob just for the Pass Interference.He only throws the ball deep when he tries for the PI or when they have a lead.
ARodg DOES throw the ball towards knees and waists where the CB can't have a chance to tip or get the ball.

That being said, I think this game will come down to 1-3 points.
=nervous.
Originally posted by hofer36:
nate silver predicting a seahawks patriots superbowl

I like Silver, but by his own admission, he's a statistician. He deals with the analysis of numbers as they are. He doesn't deal in wildcards or x factors. I believe Kaepernick is an x factor he hasn't taken into account. And, it's one thing to predict outcomes based on polling data. It's an altogether different thing to predict the outcome of a given set of NFL games. Remember, Silver's formulas worked real well for political polling, but not so much on baseball.
Share 49ersWebzone