LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

Hey, cc, nice to hear from you. My money is on the playcallers, hopefully Coach H and fangio. Whoever had the bright idea to throw a 60 yd rainbow...incomplete, i might add...from the SEA 15 yd line in world's toughest stadium, on the opening play of a cold , wet field....well, after 2 more shorter incompletions, we were DOA. I agree, we start off that way, it is over. If we come out with an aggressive D, with at least one blitz every set of downs, and a careful, WCO, dinks and dunks to get the Pack of the LOS, then we can run on them,
(assuming we split the WRs WIDEOUT, most every play), and after a bunch of 3-5 yd passes, and a bunch of 4 yarders by Frank. THEN kap can throw his 50 yd incomplete rainbows...or maybe he completes one...he is way overdue. He better be throwing 1 to 3 steppers early on tho, or he may end up on IR and alex finishes the game.Clay matthews is at full strength and will eat Kap alive if he tries 5-7 steppers while attempting to throw 20-60 yarders.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Hey, cc, nice to hear from you. My money is on the playcallers, hopefully Coach H and fangio. Whoever had the bright idea to throw a 60 yd rainbow...incomplete, i might add...from the SEA 15 yd line in world's toughest stadium, on the opening play of a cold , wet field....well, after 2 more shorter incompletions, we were DOA. I agree, we start off that way, it is over. If we come out with an aggressive D, with at least one blitz every set of downs, and a careful, WCO, dinks and dunks to get the Pack of the LOS, then we can run on them,
(assuming we split the WRs WIDEOUT, most every play), and after a bunch of 3-5 yd passes, and a bunch of 4 yarders by Frank. THEN kap can throw his 50 yd incomplete rainbows...or maybe he completes one...he is way overdue. He better be throwing 1 to 3 steppers early on tho, or he may end up on IR and alex finishes the game.Clay matthews is at full strength and will eat Kap alive if he tries 5-7 steppers while attempting to throw 20-60 yarders.
agree doc. i have said many times i have confidence in the payers(well maybe not walker and staley and our num nuts kicker?kickers) but my worry is what type of a game the coaches and roman will call. if gore sets there with four carries at half i will be pissed. if we do a bunch of long incomplete passes resulting in three and outs, i will be pissed.. and if they run another fake toss reverse annexation of f**king puerto rico when we are backed up on our own goal line, I will be pissed.. i am sure our backers can cover the little used car salesman out of the back field on screens and dump offs and even without a healthy justin i think we can hold him to 50 yards rushing. again how roman chooses to use james will be key in my opinion
We will beat the Pack 31-13.

My gut feeling is Justin Smith is in the 65-80% range of health and the Niners will be using the nickel the majority of the time with a 4-2-5 defence. Brooks and Aldon play DE, Justin Smith and McDonald as the starting DT's, and keep Willis and Bowman on the field. This allows Justin to rotate with Sopoaga, RJF and lessen the impact of Justin's injury and keep the majority of our other Pro Bowlers (namely Willis) on the field. On passing downs we have a couple options with blitzing single or both ILB, which has been effective this year, or flooding the field with them and have 7 in coverage giving the front 4 more time to uncork Rodgers head from his body. Hopefully one of the ILB's will have the responsibility to be the QB spy to lessen the impact of a QB sneak.
Its AJ Jenkins time...plain and simple. He's gotta be the guy to make everyone pay for not paying attention to him. He balls we win big. He doesn't them we are I'm for a close one that Akers pulls out for us.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Its AJ Jenkins time...plain and simple. He's gotta be the guy to make everyone pay for not paying attention to him. He balls we win big. He doesn't them we are I'm for a close one that Akers pulls out for us.

oh the irony if he plays well.
31-17 niners
Hey, maybe the secret all yr has been to have AJ look like he is allergic to touching a football, and he will be our secret weapon...well, one can only hope.

CC, with you all the way on how they use the james deal. The kid can fly, he can juke, but he isn't built for between tackles, like he did last yr. These guys are bigger, faster,meaner, and can take a liteweight and squish him...or his knees, or whatever. What I would LIKE to see is James lateral of kap, and used as a bailout or the 3rd option, but behind the LOS. And then see if GB can catch him. He did runs like that all yr , but did it from a standard set. I think he is made for being 5-7 yds wide of Kap, and he just waits to see if all other reads are covered, then throws it to james. In space, I don't think he can be caught. Haven't seen us try that yet, but am hopeful. Without Hunter, we need something, and James isn't the answer between tackles. Also he wouldn't last the yr running there. But give the kid the ball in the backfield as bailout option, and i think he could be unbelievably good. God alone knows what roman is planning, but i hope he is planning to watch game from above and Coach H calls the plays.

You know what is funny? There are a lot of guys out there who think roman is the cat's...well, you know. I don't see it. I just see the 2 rams games, and especially the SEA game. In addition to the fake toss reverse on the 8 yd line, he has been anything but someone you can count on to come up with a great game plan and then great game calls. Even games we won, cripes his calls had us behind AZ of all teams. We cannot do that against GB or it is over before it starts. That's why I would love to see Coach H appear on the field carrying his play chart. If he has to bail out the OC in the 2nd half, hell, let him start the dang game and call plays from play 1. I am still pizzed at that 60 yd bomb for play 1 in SEA in the slop, in the rain. Dam that made me mad. Then two incompletes, a punt to our 45, and the game was over. Like they say, cc, it may have been painful, but it was quick. I sure don't ever want to see that again, and it had roman written all over it.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
my mind is telling me no, but my body is telling me yes

This was hilarious. Good job.
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
my mind is telling me no, but my body is telling me yes

This was hilarious. Good job.

LOLLL
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Not sure but we CANNOT start off slow and "pull off a win" against this team. Way too dangerous and they can pile on points f**kin quick. You start slow against the Pack and next thing you know you're down 21-0 at half time.

Start fast, start aggressive, and set the tone = Niners win.

yes, these are not the dolphins and cards we are playing. in those games we played bad in the first half and were lucky to be down or up by 3 at half time. you do that with this team or any of the teams left, you are asking for trouble and will probably get it. need to start fast, do not let off the gas offensive and defensive coordinators we just have to get back to being the bully

Agree with these. Worried about our slow starts to a lot of games this year. We need to come out and make a statement from the first drive on. We need to show GB that we are gonna knock them around and dictate the kind of football being played on Saturday.

• ace52
  • Veteran
Ginn must have a good game as the PR. At this point, I'm not expecting him to break a big one and score or anything like that. I just want him to handle the ball well, not turn it over, and not make any bone-headed decision.

I also hope that our special teams coverage will be good. We can't afford to spot Aaron Rodgers & Co. any freebie score or any short field.

Protection on field goal attempts must also hold up. God knows our kicker(s) have enough problems hitting their FGs, they don't need to get rushed or worry about getting their kicks blocked.
Starting to feel more and more confident. Niners only lost one game at home all year, have maybe the best pass defense in the league, the Packers cannot run the ball or stop the run well at all, will be one dimensional in this game and haven't been nearly as good on the road as they have been at home, in fact they don't even have a winning record on the road. Kaepernick is as cool as a cucumber in big games, niners beat Rodgers, Brady AND Brees all on the road this year, and after a whole month since he's been out, I think Just Smith will be ready to roll in this game and be effective with his brace. Niners under Harbaugh are almost unbeatable if given an extra week to prepare, and it's been reported they were preparing for the Packers before their game with the Vikings, as pretty much everyone knew they'd win that game.

If I was a Packers fan, I'd be worried about this game.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
31-17 niners

i like your style son.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ace52:
Ginn must have a good game as the PR. At this point, I'm not expecting him to break a big one and score or anything like that. I just want him to handle the ball well, not turn it over, and not make any bone-headed decision.

I also hope that our special teams coverage will be good. We can't afford to spot Aaron Rodgers & Co. any freebie score or any short field.

Protection on field goal attempts must also hold up. God knows our kicker(s) have enough problems hitting their FGs, they don't need to get rushed or worry about getting their kicks blocked.
i get very scared when people say the game will boil down to ginn and jenkins maybe they will shock me
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ace52:

i get very scared when people say the game will boil down to ginn and jenkins maybe they will shock me

LOL. Not gonna happen. I dont expect much from either. As long as Ginn doesnt muff any i ill be happy. As long as Jenkins doesnt get any stupid penaltys from lining up wrong i will be happy.

This Game will be all about Gore. If we cant run the football we will lose. Hopefully we get a couple big plays from the passing game, but the road to victory is controlling the clock and running the damn football.
Share 49ersWebzone