LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

For me, with so many unknowns about our team (JS, defense playing up to its standards, CK's first playoff game, kicking game, etc.) it's very scary, I'm currently "very worried".
I voted iffy 50/50. Although, if we want to take a Seattle fans outlook on this game, we should all be 100% confident that we'll beat the Packers since we beat them this season already, and that means there is no way they have a chance against us for atleast another decade.
I'm confident as hell we will smash them ....we have a chance to bloody them with our running game ,. they gotta be spent chasing A.P around two games in a row ...now with our physical running game, we have a chance to bully them all night long and wear their asses out
Confident BUT

a). A lot depends on the Game Plan - we need to Gore them to death

b). We MUST pressure Rodgers every single sanp - even if it's a run play we have to hit him, bump him, harrass him

c). We CAN"T let them back in the game if we get ahead - Huge mistake in the Pats game

d). More true WCO football, short quick slants to set up deep throws.

Confident BUT!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Confident BUT

a). A lot depends on the Game Plan - we need to Gore them to death

b). We MUST pressure Rodgers every single sanp - even if it's a run play we have to hit him, bump him, harrass him

c). We CAN"T let them back in the game if we get ahead - Huge mistake in the Pats game

d). More true WCO football, short quick slants to set up deep throws.

Confident BUT!

CORRECT ...we can NOT let Rodgers sit in the pocket and get comfortable going over his options , we need to plant his ass in the grass as much as possible, and prevent him from getting into any kind of groove
As long as our ol gives kaep time to pass and good run blocking we will win. I'm sure our d will force more punts so as long as their d is average we have a very good chance of out scoring the pack
I have this gut feeling that Kaep is going to make some plays with this legs. It seems that over the past seven weeks, Roman has told him to stay in the pocket no matter what. They seemed to say, "we don't care if we lose, we just want you to develop as a pocket passer"- but now is the time to unleash the whole package. Spread their defense out, 3-4 WR/TEs and if nothings there tuck it and get 8 yards. His running ability and the read option are the wild cards, if they have those working I feel good
[ Edited by Chrs0049 on Jan 9, 2013 at 8:11 AM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
49ers - 31
Packers - 17
Snappin.necks and cashing checks. Thats what my gut feels.
my gut feeling is that we lose a close game. We have too many unknowns for me to be confident.
Whats are kicking game going to be like? Can we trust Akers or Cundiff?
How effective is Justin Smith going to be?
Can Aldon generate pass rush if Justin isnt there to help?
How is Kaepernick going to react to the playoff atmosphere?

If we can apply pressure, not give up the big play, and make them one dimensional, niners win 28-21. That is doable as Justin Smith is back, which will help Aldon Smith, and the Packers run game is not good, despite what they believe.
true toss up game in my mind. i'm worried about everyone brushing off gb's lack of a run game when 1) dujuan harris has looked impressive to me in recent weeks and 2) we dont know the true status of justin smith
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
we got this
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I don't see how anyone can be so confident considering how schizophrenic this team has been.
I think we would all feel a ton better if Justin Smith wasn't going through his injury. What also bothers me is the league wide trend of beating an opponent in the regular season and losing the playoff rematch. Couple that with a running game that really has seemed to take a step back recently and a defensive front that as of late has softened against the run and it's pretty easy to be nervous. Hopefully the bye week works in our favor and our guys can step it up. I think the closer the game is the more we benefit. If its a blowout i don't see us on the giving end unless baby Jesus gives Justin Smith's tricep a kiss.
Share 49ersWebzone