LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HouseNiner:
Originally posted by CripplinYaStyle:
Who does the seahawks Wr's unit scare? Umm No one, but they play well collectively and give their QB opportunities. Crabtree is better then a-lot Wr's in the playoffs right now. Crabtree>Torrey Smith, Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Lloyd, Randal Cobb, James Jones, Sidney Rice, Golden Tate

I'm not going to argue that point, but I didn't think anyone was "scared" of Seattle's receivers for the record. Not sure how that implication crossed your mind.

With a previous comment you stated, you gave me the impression (I assumed) that since we don't have a Calvin Johnson, defenses are going to stack the box like in previous years to stop Gore. And Umm, if defense choose to do that they will get carved up like a Halloween pumpkin, with the QB we have a helm now. My point is Seattle don't have "scary" WR's and their rolling with a "scary" offense. neither does the Broncos, Ravens, Patriots
Who does the seahawks Wr's unit scare? Umm No one, but they play well collectively and give their QB opportunities. Crabtree is better then a-lot Wr's in the playoffs right now. Crabtree>Torrey Smith, Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Lloyd, Randal Cobb, James Jones, Sidney Rice, Golden Tate

I'm not going to argue that point, but I didn't think anyone was "scared" of Seattle's receivers for the record. Not sure how that implication crossed your mind.

With a previous comment you stated, you gave me the impression (I assumed) that since we don't have a Calvin Johnson, defenses are going to stack the box like in previous years to stop Gore. And Umm, if defense choose to do that they will get carved up like a Halloween pumpkin, with the QB we have a helm now. My point is Seattle don't have "scary" WR's and their rolling with a "scary" offense. neither does the Broncos, Ravens, Patriots

No one is scared of receivers if the QB isn't scary. SEA now has a scary QB to go with Lynch. We also now have a scary QB to go with our running game. Still though, Lynch is a lot more scary than Gore.

SEA and GB are the hot teams right now. Lets see if we can stop GB like we stopped the hot Saints last year. It's not going to be easy since GB has a QB that can score quickly.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Niners are getting the least amount of hype in the playoffs, barely a word it seems. Ok by me..

I think the explanation for that is simple: They weren't playing this week, and eight other teams were. I guarantee this week they won't shut up about Seattle and the upcoming Week 1 rematch between SF and Green Bay

Plus, after the Seachickens massacre, nobody has any faith in the Niners doing anything.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 7, 2013 at 1:21 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Niners are getting the least amount of hype in the playoffs, barely a word it seems. Ok by me..

I think the explanation for that is simple: They weren't playing this week, and eight other teams were. I guarantee this week they won't shut up about Seattle and the upcoming Week 1 rematch between SF and Green Bay

Plus, after the Seachickens massacre, nobody has any faith in the Niners doing anything.

Yup. If they pull it of vs. ATL they will be anointed.
Originally posted by RedRush7:
Flood the stadium in all red like last year? Lets go 49ers

Definitely.
I just want our offense to slightly resemble the offense we put on the field week one. The offense that beat Green Bay at Lambeau. All this shotgun gimmick pistol crap we've been running over the past few weeks makes me sick. What happened to our punishing ground game that somewhat resembled a west coast offense? We look more like a wanna be passing offense than a smash mouth running team. Now that we have a big play potential with Kaep our playaction should be devastating but the playcalling IMO has been rotten!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I just want our offense to slightly resemble the offense we put on the field week one. The offense that beat Green Bay at Lambeau. All this shotgun gimmick pistol crap we've been running over the past few weeks makes me sick. What happened to our punishing ground game that somewhat resembled a west coast offense? We look more like a wanna be passing offense than a smash mouth running team. Now that we have a big play potential with Kaep our playaction should be devastating but the playcalling IMO has been rotten!

Agree. We've lost that pound ground game since Kaep took over. With that ground game we had, I was much more confident. Its not so balanced anymore. I almost feel like if we don't move on into the playoffs, the coaching staff is okay with it because at least they got Kaep some real game experience this season. But the fans, that is unacceptable. I understand the Kaep/Alex move, but don't understand the timing of it.
[ Edited by Baldie on Jan 7, 2013 at 5:35 AM ]
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Agree. We've lost that pound ground game since Kaep took over. With that ground game we had, I was much more confident. Its not so balanced anymore. I almost feel like if we don't move on into the playoffs, the coaching staff is okay with it because at least they got Kaep some real game experience this season. But the fans, that is unacceptable. I understand the Kaep/Alex move, but don't understand the timing of it.

I'd say we are still very balanced. Here are the rushing stats between the two:

Alex:

Week 1: 186
Week 2: 148
Week 3: 89 (loss)
Week 4: 247
Week 5: 311
Week 6: 80 (loss)
Week 7: 175
Week 8: 113

Total average: 168

Kaep:

Week 11: 121
Week 12: 144
Week 13: 148 (loss)
Week 14: 155
Week 15: 180
Week 16: 82 (loss)
Week 17: 129

Total average: 137

Under Alex, we rushed for an average of 31 more yards per game and that is with two HUGE performances vs the Jets and Bills. We are still a power team, just in a different formation (Pistol, which is very similar to the I-formation, just a different look). The difference, we now have the ABILITY and willingness to take more chances down the field, hence Kaep being 2nd in the league in 25+ yard plays since taking over week 11
[ Edited by Sims84 on Jan 7, 2013 at 5:58 AM ]
Our offense will overwhelm the Packer defense, theirs will not overhwelm our defense. Our special teams will perform well and we will win field position. We will be the more physical team on the field and we will win this game by 10 points
For you locals, how has the weather been the last couple weeks and what is the field looking like for Saturday?

As nostalgic as I am thinking of Young and Favre battling it out in the muck, I think a sloppy field works against our very fast D, our read-option, and the running game with Gore.

I know it can also slow down GB receivers, but it is easier to run as a receiver when you know where you're going than it is to make quick cuts as a D and keep up with Cobb, Jennings and Co.

So, I know it is still early, but how is the outlook<

It's gonna be sloppy regardless of if it rains or not...since it's an evening game, the field will be extra moist and loose due to the tide always comes in around hunter's point about 4-5pm and the playing field itself us below sea level

although the effect if the tide isn't as bad as it was 20 years ago cos I think they upgraded the field drainage system a few years back
I've been a niners fan all my life and will go from Mexico City to watch my first game at the stick, my brother who unfortunately is a stinkyhead fan will also go with me, how bad the stadium experience will be for him??

Go niners!!
Flood the Packers sideline before the game
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
http://www.sfgate.com/weather/San_Francisco
I think there will be guys open deep for a few big plays, but I think it's going to be vital for Kap to get better at completing short passes to the TE and RB. There's some real potential if Kap can pass the ball to LMJ anywhere out in open space. That kid is wicked quick! Especially considering how poorly GB seems to tackle at times in the open field. Have some quick pass plays ready to take Mathews out of the game.
Share 49ersWebzone