LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by josh24:
Hey guys. Pats fan here. I was here a couple of weeks ago discussing the SF-NE game. Congrats on the win, again. You earn it.

Now, I don't know if you guys have noticed what people is saying about your game against GB next Sat. "Experts" and fans in general are giving this game easily to GB (one thing, Vegas doesn't agree. SF is 3-point favorite so far). In fact, some say it's gonna GB by far because of Rodgers and their healthy defense, etc., stating that the rest of the Div. games are closer than this. Few are giving chances to SF, putting GB or Seattle in the SB. IMO Seattle and NE have more chance to win than GB this weekend. GB can win, but I think this is the closest game in this round. Not sure if disrespect to the 49ers, or just hype on Rodgers.

healthy defense? like that saying much, their defense sucks lol

Pundits always prefer the sexy teams. The high powered offense will always get the nod over a high powered defense. A lot of people picked Oakland to beat TB in SB 2002. Everyone picked GB, NO, NE to beat us. Some picked Detroit over us (notably Sterling Sharpe). Its the nature of the beast.

The Packers, if I may remind josh24, are boasting the same team they had in Week1. That team was playing at HOME in the SEASON OPENER and ALL of their players were fresh and non-injured. And that GB team got pummeled. I just dont see what advantage they have over us this time around that they didnt have in Week 1.

Niners are getting the least amount of hype in the playoffs, barely a word it seems. Ok by me..I will say one thing; everyone talks about slowing our game down to burn the clock, but I would like to see a much more uptempo offense, like I saw in the Skins-Sea game. It can be uptempo and with runs too, just get the play in, and get it going. Roman and JH need to do a much better job getting the plays called, and to the QB..Kap getting not much press either, gotta be buggin him a bit, hope he goes lights-out..Pile the points on early then fast tempo run game with a big mix of Gire & LMJ wit a dab o Dix. Would like to see Miller getting a few catches in the flat to pound the safties and dare I say get Celek involved the very same way.

Lots of bulk hitting the LOS form short swing passes to wear down Pack D pursuit..

NINERS!!! Play Fast!!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Jan 6, 2013 at 9:05 PM ]
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Were on a collision course with Seattle!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called this a couple weeks ago,. I still see this happening, but in our house. First things first tho.. Pound Rodgers mercilessly..plez & thank you Niner D!
I know Justin Smith is playing, but do you think he will be even close to his usual effectiveness. He has a torn tendon which significantly limits his strength. Is a 60% Justin Smith still good enough to hold our defense together?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I expect it to be a sea of red again. There will be Packer fans there but I don't expect to see a lot of them there.

I'm sure there will be quite a few. I'd want to get the #%@$ out of GB too. Plus it's a lot cheaper for them to see their teams here (no flight/hotel if they are local) vs going to GB.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Were on a collision course with Seattle!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called this a couple weeks ago,. I still see this happening, but in our house. First things first tho.. Pound Rodgers mercilessly..plez & thank you Niner D!

I say bring it on. I like the match up against a road weary SEA team that has to come in and face a team that wants revenge from the embarrassment of a couple weeks ago. I'd rather have that scenario then going on the road to ATL. Either way I still think the Niners should win, but I'd love to beat the Seahawks in the playoffs. They are such an arrogant team, and they're the last team I want representing the NFC in the SB.

But like you say, first gotta beat the Pack, which I am sure they will. When this coaching staff has time to prepare and are on their game, there's nobody better. I just hope they're on their game
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
GB will double Crabtree much like the Giants did. Now, without Manningham, it will be much harder to make the passing game work.

You should know circumstances have changed a lot since that NFC title game(or week six if that's the game you were referring) to expect the same results. The biggest being Crabtree is getting a lot more yards after the catch which makes safety help even less effective.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jan 6, 2013 at 9:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Hopper:
GB will double Crabtree much like the Giants did. Now, without Manningham, it will be much harder to make the passing game work.

You should know circumstances have changed a lot since that NFC title game(or week six if that's the game what you were referring) to expect the same results. The biggest being Crabtree is getting a lot more yards after the catch which makes safety help even less effective.

Randy Moss, AJ Jenkins, Ted Ginn > Joe Hasting, Brett Swain, Ted Ginn
I have no idea how this game goes, but I will be 50 shades of blown away if Justin Smith is a factor past half time.

What's more likely? Kap outduels Rodgers or Kap out game manages Smith? Meh. I don't know.
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

You should know circumstances have changed a lot since that NFC title game(or week six if that's the game what you were referring) to expect the same results. The biggest being Crabtree is getting a lot more yards after the catch which makes safety help even less effective.

yeah agreed we have much better depth this year
Originally posted by schmons:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Jeez, I don't think Packers fans are even close to as annoying as Seahawks fans. The ones I've met are pretty polite - you know, in that Wisconsin "you betcha" kind of way. But, I think the Niners defense plays the Packers in the best way possible. They rush four and don't rely on a lot of one-on-one coverage for Packers receivers like the Vikings do. And the Packers don't really have that good a defense. I can see the Niners scoring a lot of points on them.

most packer fans around here arent even from wisconsin

This. Most have never even been to Wisconsin.

• ace52
  • Veteran
These guys owe us a few playoff wins at least. Debt collection starts next Saturday!
Harbaugh is right: our team has to approach this game like a SB (the first of three).
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

yeah agreed we have much better depth this year

Still have faith in Delanie, as well, for all the drops he makes in each game, he usually makes up for it down the stretch. -With all the weapons covered, and Green Bay's lack of pass-rush, who on earth will cover Vernon Davis?
Originally posted by 49erJim:
NOON TO 1PM, BUT they should really open it up at 10am like they did for the New York Giants game. Traffic is going to get backed up really bad if they wiat till 1pm. its like $40 but you need parking pass unless u get there early and maybe u can pay cash money.

Earliest they will open is 12. They ain't opening 7 hours before game time.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Still have faith in Delanie, as well, for all the drops he makes in each game, he usually makes up for it down the stretch. -With all the weapons covered, and Green Bay's lack of pass-rush, who on earth will cover Vernon Davis?

If Kap doesn't trust him than it doesn't matter.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Kap will by not looking his way or overthrowing him.
Share 49ersWebzone