There are 157 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by dj43:
GB will double Crabtree much like the Giants did. Now, without Manningham, it will be much harder to make the passing game work.

You should know circumstances have changed a lot since that NFC title game(or week six if that's the game what you were referring) to expect the same results. The biggest being Crabtree is getting a lot more yards after the catch which makes safety help even less effective.

Randy Moss, AJ Jenkins, Ted Ginn > Joe Hasting, Brett Swain, Ted Ginn

Haaaa, don't think SO! You take Hastings & Swian over Moss & AJ...LMAO Oops.. misunderstanding!

And...Cowboy needs to get one of those bionic braces that RLeis was using, things looks downright indestructible, no way the amr gets over extended, problem is pushing out with it.. Come on Cowboy we need ya..Woopi ty yay yo!! GO NINERS!!!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Jan 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM ]
Notice there aren't any GB fans in here talking smack like before week 1?

Getting slapped around has kept them away.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

• Hopper
  • Veteran

It's only Sunday. They'll be here.

Are Packers fans more delusional then Seattle fans? I mean, Seattle fans think their playing the superbowl next week
I honestly think that whomever walks away from this game with a win will most likely be representing the NFC in the Superbowl.

I agree with two points I read here, I'll repost, albeit imprecisely

"Green Bay was slump at the beginning of the year, but they are peaking at the right team in the season" and verbatim "let's face it: 49ers receivers don't scare anyone."
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Niners are getting the least amount of hype in the playoffs, barely a word it seems. Ok by me..

I think the explanation for that is simple: They weren't playing this week, and eight other teams were. I guarantee this week they won't shut up about Seattle and the upcoming Week 1 rematch between SF and Green Bay
[ Edited by HouseNiner on Jan 6, 2013 at 11:53 PM ]

Originally posted by HouseNiner:

"Green Bay was slump at the beginning of the year, but they are peaking at the right team in the season" and verbatim "let's face it: 49ers receivers don't scare anyone."

Who does the seahawks Wr's unit scare? Umm No one, but they play well collectively and give their QB opportunities. Crabtree is better then a-lot Wr's in the playoffs right now. Crabtree>Torrey Smith, Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Lloyd, Randal Cobb, James Jones, Sidney Rice, Golden Tate
Originally posted by CripplinYaStyle:
Who does the seahawks Wr's unit scare? Umm No one, but they play well collectively and give their QB opportunities. Crabtree is better then a-lot Wr's in the playoffs right now. Crabtree>Torrey Smith, Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Lloyd, Randal Cobb, James Jones, Sidney Rice, Golden Tate

I'm not going to argue that point, but I didn't think anyone was "scared" of Seattle's receivers for the record. Not sure how that implication crossed your mind.
The over analysis of kap continues. The defense has played poorly since cowboy was injured. Its not about kap. Kap has long drives under his belt, he also has quick strikes, this had little bearing on the defense until cowboy was injured. How effective cowboy is will determine how effective the defense plays, its simply the way it has been this season. The running game is another story.
Originally posted by HouseNiner:

Kap to crabtree is as good as any combo in the nfl right now. Kap can get the ball to him regardless of coverage due to formations, motion, kap's arm and playmaking ability.
Originally posted by fister30:
Kap to crabtree is as good as any combo in the nfl right now. Kap can get the ball to him regardless of coverage due to formations, motion, kap's arm and playmaking ability.

That's true, they definitely should be able to make plays but I don't expect the Packers to go down easy.
Share 49ersWebzone