LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick has now established himself as the starter for the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fryet
  • Veteran
As a big Alex Smith fan, I have to now admit that CK has proven that he deserves to start for the 49ers for the rest of the season and through the playoffs. If CK had played poorly against New England, then there would have been doubts whether he gave the 49ers their best chance in the playoffs. However, he played well and led an offense that put up 41 points. No playoff game is going to be more difficult than what he faced tonight, and if he can beat New England on the road, then he can lead the 49ers in victory against anyone.

Congrats CK, you earned it.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
who's Alex ?
I didn't think Alex was ever going to see the field again, win or lose this game. But now that we won it, and in comeback fashion no less and on the road against arguably the best team in the AFC, a team that never loses at home in December, yeah, I'd have to agree that Colin pretty much cemented his hold on the job tonight.
They've just got to work on the f**king snapping the ball. I'm not putting the ball on Kaepernick because Goodwin has a tendency of getting ADDish, getting all jumpy and just shoving the ball, trying to get a jump on his guy. They need to practice that s**t over and over, even if it was in a wet, bad environment, they need to do better.
I think he's 95% there. Beat Seattle in the hardest stadium to play in in the NFL, and he's 100% there.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think he's 95% there. Beat Seattle in the hardest stadium to play in in the NFL, and he's 100% there.

agreed, but even if we lose to seattle he's not losing his job
CK7 is a beast.

One thing that is under the radar...

How often have we been BEHIND in a game with Kaep this year? It must be less than 5 min of game time total.
lol i was posting in the seahawks hate thread

Harbs should start Smith a QB for a few series in seattle next week just to f**k with them and throw off their flow

that would be amusing
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

agreed, but even if we lose to seattle he's not losing his job

Not losing it unless he breaks his throwing arm.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
One thing that is under the radar...

How often have we been BEHIND in a game with Kaep this year? It must be less than 5 min of game time total.

well when he came in for alex in the first game
Feels good to have a legit franchise QB. Sky is the limit for Kap!
Share 49ersWebzone