LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick has now established himself as the starter for the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Uh huh. Until he loses a game of course...
At this point it doesn't matter who we would prefer as QB. Kaep is the QB and he played really well with the exception of way too many wtf moments. He made big plays and obviously has a huge amount of tlent (arm talent, intelligence, and athletic ability). If he can eliminate those mistakes then I think Jim will have made the right decision again. I have been a huge smith defender, and rightfully so from all the idiotic attacks on his game. While I see how hypocritical a minority of fans here are being now in regards to Kaep, that won't change my view that if Kaep can clean up some of the unforced errors he can be a stellar QB right now. Even with the errors he is making some big plays.

Next week is going to be a big test for the offense as a whole. If Kaep can produce some big plays and limit the TO's then I think the Niners handle Seattle. IT is a good matchup for our D.
Every time Kaep drops back to pass you can't help but get excited. There's always the chance for a big play regardless of protection and defensive alignment. We didn't get that with Alex. When Alex dropped back to pass all I could think was, please let him get a pass off. I finally got comfortable with Alex dropping back but only because you knew he wouldn't make any big mistakes. Having that big play potential is what our offense has been missing and I couldn't be happier with how he played last night! Got to give it up for coach Harbaugh on making what had to be one of the toughest decisions he's had to make in his coaching career so far.
GO NINERS!!
In the second half one play sticks out for me. LMJ was running out of the backfield or lined out wide, I can't remember which, the defensive player was covering him and LMJ discontinued the route. Kap threw the ball where he anticipated James to be even though the defensive player was close to face-guarding on the play and James was not visible. If James had continued he could have reached the pass. The touchdown pass over the middle to Crabtree was an elite throw. I follow sports and I look for Magic, it rarely is seen, Kap definitely has Magic.
I think it is past time to stop all the comparisons and second guessing about this. Alex proved himself to be a good, winning QB for us.. and Kaepernick is now doing this as well. Kaepernick is the starting QB choice, and we should all just enjoy the ride as long as it takes us.

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I think it is past time to stop all the comparisons and second guessing about this. Alex proved himself to be a good, winning QB for us.. and Kaepernick is now doing this as well. Kaepernick is the starting QB choice, and we should all just enjoy the ride as long as it takes us.

Agreed. Smith was good, but Kaep is better.
I think CK has the luck factor to be super successful in the NFL... Not saying he doesn't have
the athletic ability and talent to be a good or great NFL QB, but what
adapted kid, who was given up by his mom as a child, gets to live out his childhood dreams of becoming the QB of the
team he wanted to play for as a kid.

When you look at Montana, Rodgers, Brady for example, Montana had Bill
Walsh as the HC and Rice etc that's luck...

Brady drafted late but took over a good team and won the SB that year.

When you compare what happened to Alex Smith and Arron Rodgers, you
see how much luck has to do with success in the NFL. Rodgers got to
sit behind Favre, learned from Favre and inherited a play-off caliber
team. AS however was thrown in as a rookie on a fail team with a failed
FO and HCs.... The 49ers failed when the Yorks took over and not until
last season when Harb was hired the 49ers were pathetic. Now Harb has
created a great team with one of the best Defense in the league, AS is
on his way out and CK is getting to live out his childhood dream when CK
replace AS over a concussion and never look back, what that tells you
is AS never had the luck to begin with, he had his chance last season
and that was it, AS got the rug pulled under him just as his luck was
getting better with the 49ers lol, if that's not bad luck I don't know what is...
[ Edited by Go9er on Dec 17, 2012 at 6:19 AM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i faepped.
This is still a young QB and there may be some ups and downs but he went into New England and beat a team that hasn't lost a home December game in 10 years. That's big time. He's going to be a star.
JH is looking like a true genius. I always thought that C. Keap. is the future as evidenced by the reluctance to give Alex Smith a long term contract. I thought that Alex was a mere place holder until C. Keap. developed to the liking of JH. But it's clear that he's been ready for some time and Alex Smith afforded JH & Co. the luxury to really take their time with him. Clearly, they felt the "ceiling" was reached with Alex. To be sure there are some obvious things that C. Keap needs to work on (e.g. under-the-center snaps). But to me those are things that can only be fixed in real game-time situations with live bullets shot at him. There's only so much that practice can prepare you for. I really feel bad for Alex. I see us trading him to a good situation. But this is clearly C. Keap's team now.

Originally posted by Go9er:
AS got the rug pulled under him just as his luck was
getting better with the 49ers lol, if that's not bad luck I don't know what is...

Yeah.. pretty bad. But hey, Alex probably made about 50 million dollars over these 8 years.. has a great family situation (it would seem)..

So on the field? Yeah... pretty bad luck.. but he'll be alright.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Yeah.. pretty bad. But hey, Alex probably made about 50 million dollars over these 8 years.. has a great family situation (it would seem)..

So on the field? Yeah... pretty bad luck.. but he'll be alright.

AS will still be successful and probably get more money else where next season, the luck he had with Harb was bring some respectability to him as a NFL QB but that's over now... Be funny if AS goes to the Cardinals next season and the 9ers has to face AS 2x a year and tears it up with Fritz...
Originally posted by boast:
i faepped.

some ass I taepped.
That pass to Crabtree in stride to the end zone clock'd at 60.4 mph

homeboy has a cannon...............Beat Seattle n im completely sold CK7

Kaep is definitely the QB. He just threw 4 TDs in New England in December, and none of those TDs were easy. I n 7 years Alex Smith never through 4 TD in a game. He just needs to get comfortable taking snaps under center.

Of his 4 TDs, Moss's 24 yards was the shortest. It has been a long time since we seen a QB not scared to throw the ball downfield.
Share 49ersWebzone