Seems like he can read a defense very well
Very high ceiling

Con's of Kaepernick:

Will turn the ball over more than AS
Not as good at audibles
Very bad clock management
Sometimes goes stagnant in 2nd and 3rd qtrs
Not as much experience as AS

With all that being said, I choose Kaep because the sky is the limit. We know what we have in Smith, but I feel like we just scratched the surface with Kaepernick
lol,

Looks like a disguised bash CK post

How is that? I said I choose CK7. I honestly put down in my opinion what I think both QBs have to offer. It was very unbiased
Just keep trending up man. Keep trending up. Or do I mean Kaep trending up?
Kaepernick is the man. All due respect to Alex Smith, but I dont believe that he wouldve accomplished what Colin did last night.
Those throws he made were BIGTIME!

Did anyone catch when Collinsworth said he spoke to a few 49er players before the game and they admitted that the team seccretly perked up with excitement when Alex lost his job to Kaepernick? I always got the feeling that most of the team secretly preferred Colin.
There is only one part of the above analysis which is demonstratively wrong. Kaepernick's turnover ratio is actually lower than Smith's. Kaepernick's interception ratio is 1.3% while Smith's is 2.3%.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
How is that? I said I choose CK7. I honestly put down in my opinion what I think both QBs have to offer. It was very unbiased

Very unbiased - agree. Informative post and well put. Thank you.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
There is only one part of the above analysis which is demonstratively wrong. Kaepernick's turnover ratio is actually lower than Smith's. Kaepernick's interception ratio is 1.3% while Smith's is 2.3%.

What's the sample size here? Kaep's 5 games vs Smith's 60 (I don't know how many games AS has started)?
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by GNielsen:

What's the sample size here? Kaep's 5 games vs Smith's 60 (I don't know how many games AS has started)?

the size is the first 6 games played for both this year
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Feels good to have a legit franchise QB. Sky is the limit for Kap!

whoa der..............

With what he has done is nothing short of amazing considering how raw he was coming out of Nevada.
Originally posted by steelman:
Kaepernick is the man. All due respect to Alex Smith, but I dont believe that he wouldve accomplished what Colin did last night.
Those throws he made were BIGTIME!

Did anyone catch when Collinsworth said he spoke to a few 49er players before the game and they admitted that the team seccretly perked up with excitement when Alex lost his job to Kaepernick? I always got the feeling that most of the team secretly preferred Colin.

Don't believe what Collinsworth says.

But as this thread is turning into yet another of the same, it goes. Wait until tomorrow.
Share 49ersWebzone