LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 16)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If there was a single play that is a microcosm of the entire game, it would be Cam Chancellor's hit that demolished Vernon Davis. Our guys simply weren't playing with the same intensity out there. They were last week against the Pats, but that team didn't show up yesterday and Seattle made them pay for it.
Originally posted by Eeks:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Our recievers are dropping like flies.
Kap's getting them killed. Sucks.

Dont even try to go there. Vernon jumed for no reason making his big body defenseless and Mario bobbled the ball then took a cheap shot. Kaep double pumped cause the end was gonna jump and bat the ball

He put too much air on the pass to VD and left it short. He had to stop and go up and get it. Had he put it right on Vernon or in the end zone its a easy TD and makes it an entirely diff game at that point. The injury to MHam i cant blame him for
Neutral field, no rain, both squads healthy. I am 100% sure the 49ers would beat the Seahawks if they met again.
Originally posted by Squidp:

Dont even try to go there. Vernon jumed for no reason making his big body defenseless and Mario bobbled the ball then took a cheap shot. Kaep double pumped cause the end was gonna jump and bat the ball

He put too much air on the pass to VD and left it short. He had to stop and go up and get it. Had he put it right on Vernon or in the end zone its a easy TD and makes it an entirely diff game at that point. The injury to MHam i cant blame him for

Honestly my first thought was Vernon jumping for no reason to basket catch. If he catches it with his hands out front, he keeps his footing and may even be able to make a move to get in the end zone. Kaeps pass was high but Davis didnt need to jump. He's just always had a tendency to do that when he doesn't need to.
Did anyone notice how slow Wilson made Brooks and Aldon Smith look....pathetic.
Originally posted by bigwads:

It's like Rocky Balboa trying to catch that chicken, except niner players trying to catch that LITTLE SEACHICKEN.

Frequently athletes who weigh over 260lb are made to look a trifle slow by athletes who only weigh 200lb. How is this pathetic?
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

Frequently athletes who weigh over 260lb are made to look a trifle slow by athletes who only weigh 200lb. How is this pathetic?

Wilson looked like Fran Tarkenton to me. Tarkenton frequently juked defensive linemen and linebackers who would go on to be Hall of Famers. As English says, it's easy for a quick little guy to juke a big guy. They're just going to have to learn how to play him. With Tarkenton, defensive players had to learn not to go at him too quickly at the end for the kill. They had to learn to surround him.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Wilson looked like Fran Tarkenton to me. Tarkenton frequently juked defensive linemen and linebackers who would go on to be Hall of Famers. As English says, it's easy for a quick little guy to juke a big guy. They're just going to have to learn how to play him. With Tarkenton, defensive players had to learn not to go at him too quickly at the end for the kill. They had to learn to surround him.
he was over rated, always got blown in super bowls, the only reason he was good was because of chuck foreman.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by GNielsen:

he was over rated, always got blown in super bowls, the only reason he was good was because of chuck foreman.
Over-rated? Are there any over-rated players in the Hall of Fame? Maybe, but I'm guessing they're hard to find. But, for the purposes of this discussion, you've got to admit he was an hellacious scrambler. Some of his scrambles are just ridiculous. Yakity-sax should be the background music for some of Tarkenton's scrambles. I'm just saying that some of Wilson's scrambles last night made me think of those Tarkenton scrambles. I'm not saying Wilson is the next Fran Tarkenton.
Originally posted by toeshawn:

Davis jumps for every damn ball
He does it too often and this time he paid for it.
f**k Wilson. I dont think The Niners or the coaches are trembling in their shoes at the thought of this guy
Originally posted by cciowa:
My thoughts on last nights fiasco as i am amazingly calm today. i did not like getting blown out on national tv. i did not like our clock mismanagement issues. I did not like our defensive players grabbing instead of tackling in the first half, I do not like the possibility of losing the second seed. I HATE the FACT we are not playing well at the end of the season. Seattle and green bay and even washington are either better than we are now or are at least, playing at a higher level and more consistent than what we are. Come on guys, when was the last time we played four quarters??? bears?

Now that i have gotten the hate out of the way, last night was yet another example in a season of examples that when we lose, we go off the cliff as a team. If they do not know it by now, alex fans and ck fans can now see this. It does not matter who the quarterback is,, when we lose, we lose as a team. The hawks are a better team than us right now or are at least playing better, they were at home which is a house of horrors for all, i do not use injurys as an excuse but when it is justin who quite frankly, scares the hell out of defensive coordinators, that is out that is not just another injury. The best thing to do is forget it as soon as possible, understand we can win the division by beating the cards and the vikings are at a good level right now so i would not discount them beating the pack at home.

Now that being said,,, this team has only itself to blame for this cuz they could not take care of the rams but moving forward,if this team lays an egg sunday or even plays like s**t in a win vs the cardinals,, we should all be prepared to be one and done in the playoffs. i am looking for four quarters of intensity , energy and execution sunday. To see anything less, even if it is a win, is not acceptable
As a coach you do not make huge changes to your winning team late in the season and mess with chemistry. We were a team last year we looks like a disfunctional mob at times this year. Also college gimmickry offense will not work at this level. You might throw it in once in a while like last year but to switch to it almost exclusively is crazy. All of this is on Harbaugh is ego is huge.
Share 49ersWebzone