There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 16)

I was at the game and while I don't think they were getting away with much what the ref shouldn't have allowed was Sherman taunting our sideline. Happened a few times and the refs did nothing about it.
Karma man, karma. I'm not liking this. I expected back to back losses, we squeezed one out last week, but this is just a downright embarrassment. Kap looked bad, and rattled. The downward trend continues, with the occasional statistical anomaly like the last game.

2 good games against bad defenses.
4 bad games where our defense bailed him out.

I'm worried.
It shows how we don't prepare well
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Our recievers are dropping like flies.
This was the Mike Singletary pants game redux. Teams with Super Bowl aspirations don't come out in important games in December and January and play like they did yesterday. I don't see them going anywhere this season.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Dec 24, 2012 at 5:49 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Kap's getting them killed. Sucks.
Look ..we got hammered. But this is a team that just traveled across country, played in the pouring rain, cold and 100 snaps. That is tough to do. Now did I expect them to look this bad this week? No.

But it is ridiculous to just write off last week as luck.

Win next week. That is all that matters.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Look ..we got hammered. But this is a team that just traveled across country, played in the pouring rain, cold and 100 snaps. That is tough to do. Now did I expect them to look this bad this week? No.

Pretty much. Every team lays an egg now and then. It happens. It was embarrassing. They have to deal with it and move on.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Pretty much. Every team lays an egg now and then. It happens. It was embarrassing. They have to deal with it and move on.

Exactly. Shouldn't have been as bad as it was.

One bright spot to me was the pass protection was excellent. Also no false starts. But that is about the extent of the bright spots.
Injuries to Smith, Davis, Manningham, the rain and the crowd noise. Seattle capitalized on all of that last night. I KNOW the 49ers are definitely a better team than Seattle. Time to prove it in the playoffs, but before that we have to take care of business back at home against the Cardinals.
  • Eeks
  • Veteran
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

Dont even try to go there. Vernon jumed for no reason making his big body defenseless and Mario bobbled the ball then took a cheap shot. Kaep double pumped cause the end was gonna jump and bat the ball
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eeks:

Dont even try to go there. Vernon jumed for no reason making his big body defenseless and Mario bobbled the ball then took a cheap shot. Kaep double pumped cause the end was gonna jump and bat the ball

Davis jumps for every damn ball
Karma man, karma. I'm not liking this. I expected back to back losses, we squeezed one out last week, but this is just a downright embarrassment. Kap looked bad, and rattled. The downward trend continues, with the occasional statistical anomaly like the last game.

2 good games against bad defenses.
4 bad games where our defense bailed him out.

I'm worried.

Him? Yeah the defense,run game,and special teams never bailed the other him out. Those other phases did nothing to help out the him you are referring to last night. We have a lot more crap to clean up then just having a young qb, he is hardly our biggest issue. If anyone wants to single out one player(Kaep) you picking the wrong player, it should be Rogers he has been the weak link on D all season. Freakin pathetic, he has been getting picked on like a 6th string corner. The dude has looked completely lost out there especially last night.
Originally posted by Eeks:

Thanks, I'm glad you watched the game and saw that too.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:

I wonder if our defense still looks as bad if Smith plays. I underestimated the toll 92 snaps would have on them