LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 16)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • titan
  • Veteran
Bad game overall, Seahawks had a lot more to play for emotionally and they are tough at home. I just wished we showed more on National TV. Lets get this loss now and start a new win streak starting next week. As far as calling our LB slow, Wilson had all the advantage...he is quicker, the ground was wet, and the person chasing him are over 260lbs. Maybe we'll see them at home and get our redemption?!
Originally posted by Dshearn:
in hindsight I am not super worried.

I think the 49ers bring a diffrent game plan against the Seahawks next time.

the defense plays down hill, Seahawks abused that. They abused Bowman,Willis, the safeties aggressive nature. To rub salt in the wound they attacked Aldon on the edge.

The cowboy is one man....but they attacked his absence.

the defense has got to be more discipline.

Fangio has to change the gameplan for an elusive QB like Wilson.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Karma man, karma. I'm not liking this. I expected back to back losses, we squeezed one out last week, but this is just a downright embarrassment. Kap looked bad, and rattled. The downward trend continues, with the occasional statistical anomaly like the last game.

2 good games against bad defenses.
4 bad games where our defense bailed him out.

I'm worried.

Him? Yeah the defense,run game,and special teams never bailed the other him out. Those other phases did nothing to help out the him you are referring to last night. We have a lot more crap to clean up then just having a young qb, he is hardly our biggest issue. If anyone wants to single out one player(Kaep) you picking the wrong player, it should be Rogers he has been the weak link on D all season. Freakin pathetic, he has been getting picked on like a 6th string corner. The dude has looked completely lost out there especially last night.

kapernick did nothing to lead his team to a win..willis gets pick and niners stall...3 f/g attempts rather tds...looked unpoised...and as mark purdy tweated alex smith was 4-0 vs seahawks in last 4 starts...but more fault lies with harbaugh who made panic move switching qb and trying to change offensive philosphy in middle of season for a team that was 6-2 under the old qb --- and getting an inexperienced qb who is now 4-2

It is such a flaw to think that just because Kaep didn't win, that Alex would have. You know there is also the possibility of Alex losing it too. It's something you and I or anyone else will never know. However, the team we all know that was led by Alex (being conservative and limited) would likely NOT have won it either. Common sense. The seachickens are a much better team than the last times we matched up against them. Did you notice their offensive production stats? It is in an upward trend.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Seahawks dominated in both aspects:

Pass interference and holding!!!

They are far superior!!!

That game was so juiced last night it was frickin ridiculous!!!

11-12 on 3rd down before last kneel down
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Meh we mop them what 4 times in a row they get one win and we start panicking, I ain't worried one bit.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

They are far superior!!!

you should have been at Maitais last night. i think your hate for the seahawks would have been tripled........

I think I would've gotten into a scrap!!!

yup. especially after they started cheering for mario getting injured.

first time i've been there to watch the niners play. that's the only spot i've seen here that has a gathering for seattle fans.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

They are far superior!!!

11-12 on 3rd down before last kneel down

What are you talking about?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

They are far superior!!!

you should have been at Maitais last night. i think your hate for the seahawks would have been tripled........

I think I would've gotten into a scrap!!!

yup. especially after they started cheering for mario getting injured.

first time i've been there to watch the niners play. that's the only spot i've seen here that has a gathering for seattle fans.

Next time you watch a 9er game go to Round Table pizza in Waikiki.
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
Karma man, karma. I'm not liking this. I expected back to back losses, we squeezed one out last week, but this is just a downright embarrassment. Kap looked bad, and rattled. The downward trend continues, with the occasional statistical anomaly like the last game.

I'm worried.

Him? Yeah the defense,run game,and special teams never bailed the other him out. Those other phases did nothing to help out the him you are referring to last night. We have a lot more crap to clean up then just having a young qb, he is hardly our biggest issue. If anyone wants to single out one player(Kaep) you picking the wrong player, it should be Rogers he has been the weak link on D all season. Freakin pathetic, he has been getting picked on like a 6th string corner. The dude has looked completely lost out there especially last night.

kapernick did nothing to lead his team to a win..willis gets pick and niners stall...3 f/g attempts rather tds...looked unpoised...and as mark purdy tweated alex smith was 4-0 vs seahawks in last 4 starts...but more fault lies with harbaugh who made panic move switching qb and trying to change offensive philosphy in middle of season for a team that was 6-2 under the old qb --- and getting an inexperienced qb who is now 4-2

It is such a flaw to think that just because Kaep didn't win, that Alex would have. You know there is also the possibility of Alex losing it too. It's something you and I or anyone else will never know. However, the team we all know that was led by Alex (being conservative and limited) would likely NOT have won it either. Common sense. The seachickens are a much better team than the last times we matched up against them. Did you notice their offensive production stats? It is in an upward trend.

Pretty much. Our passing offense was identical to the first game, at the stick.

The defense was just out of sync and we couldn't establish the run because we were down by 21 fast.
One thing about blowouts, the team that wins is not as good as they look and the team that loses is not as bad as they look. Take care of business against Arizona to win the division and maybe the Vikings will help us for the second seed, they are at home and playing well even Ponder seems to have corrected his game.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I'm worried.

Pretty much. Our passing offense was identical to the first game, at the stick.

The defense was just out of sync and we couldn't establish the run because we were down by 21 fast.

I think the turning point in that game, the moment that occurred that "did-us-in" so to speak was when Akers didn't have the confidence to forcefully and confidently elevate and drive that field goal for a simple 3 points. He has been a liability late in the season for us and I'm wondering why her hasn't been cut. The other problem is the personal foul committed by Brock. He needs to be benched and given that team speech by Singletary, which turned around VD.

Agreed that there is no guarantee that Smith would have won. I do think, however, that Smith's experience and command of the O would have been a benefit. Perhaps longer sustained drives and all that goes with that. Kaep went 19-36 for 231 (6.4 YPT average), so I doubt that more conservative play would have occurred.
I swear they just showed 3 big seahawks plays on NFL network and Rogers was responsible for each receiver that made the play
such a s**tty game for him
I think the turning point in that game, the moment that occurred that "did-us-in" so to speak was when Akers didn't have the confidence to forcefully and confidently elevate and drive that field goal for a simple 3 points. He has been a liability late in the season for us and I'm wondering why her hasn't been cut. The other problem is the personal foul committed by Brock. He needs to be benched and given that team speech by Singletary, which turned around VD.

Yeah. He cost us two games for sure vsd the Rams and the #2 seed and have a chance to rest our guys for TWO weeks.

And he cost us a chance to at least make it a game last night with that cheesy field goal block. So far Akers is the goat of the season and its not even close.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
All I can say is DAMMMM...pathetic disgusting !!! That the niners came into that game with no heart and got man handled with playoff implications on the line was so frustrating to watch ..I just gotta wonder why every three games the niners just don't lose but get there ass handed to them.There can be no excuses with QB's it happened with both. To lose is one thing but they get azz whooped..Why such a let down??
On top of that seattle is a fricken dirty playing team (which we all know) They should be really looked at by the NFL..that hit on Manningham..I totally believe was dirty and meant to hurt him..Plus all the other BS that seattle runs is taught from the top...no matter what its just a game and no one should get hurt on purpose!!
Share 49ersWebzone