There are 250 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 16)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Karma man, karma. I'm not liking this. I expected back to back losses, we squeezed one out last week, but this is just a downright embarrassment. Kap looked bad, and rattled. The downward trend continues, with the occasional statistical anomaly like the last game.

2 good games against bad defenses.
4 bad games where our defense bailed him out.

I'm worried.

Him? Yeah the defense,run game,and special teams never bailed the other him out. Those other phases did nothing to help out the him you are referring to last night. We have a lot more crap to clean up then just having a young qb, he is hardly our biggest issue. If anyone wants to single out one player(Kaep) you picking the wrong player, it should be Rogers he has been the weak link on D all season. Freakin pathetic, he has been getting picked on like a 6th string corner. The dude has looked completely lost out there especially last night.
Originally posted by Eeks:
Dont even try to go there. Vernon jumed for no reason making his big body defenseless and Mario bobbled the ball then took a cheap shot. Kaep double pumped cause the end was gonna jump and bat the ball

Thanks, I'm glad you watched the game and saw that too.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Look ..we got hammered. But this is a team that just traveled across country, played in the pouring rain, cold and 100 snaps. That is tough to do. Now did I expect them to look this bad this week? No.

But it is ridiculous to just write off last week as luck.

Win next week. That is all that matters.

I wonder if our defense still looks as bad if Smith plays. I underestimated the toll 92 snaps would have on them
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by BayArea:
All this showed is that we are incapable of rising to the challenge in all ways. Getting blown out in a must win is nothing short of an embarrassment. This isn't even a matter of overlooking our opponent we got flat out, out played in every single aspect of the game. Our win vs Patriots isn't even impressive as they only barely just beat the worst team in the NFL.

Somebody tell me how in the hell we are going to outdo anybody in the playoffs if we can't even hang with a divisional rival in a must win?

Oh, I'm all over this one like white on rice...

1) Seattle ONLY wins at home.
2) Seattle beats EVERYBODY at home.
3) "Anybody" is not "Seattle at home."
4) We have beaten playoff teams on the road.
5) We have beaten playoff teams at home.
6) We have beaten the best teams in the league at their place.

Therefore, we can hang, with anybody in the playoffs.

Youre one of my favorite posters Brian.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Look ..we got hammered. But this is a team that just traveled across country, played in the pouring rain, cold and 100 snaps. That is tough to do. Now did I expect them to look this bad this week? No.

But it is ridiculous to just write off last week as luck.

Win next week. That is all that matters.

win next week and we want a greenbay loss as well so we can lock up that #2 seed
13 points. Lol i thought Kaep was supposed to make this offense better?
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Protoman:
Was it just me, or did the defense just looked scared to get aggressive? Or are we just that much different without Justin Smith?

They didn't even look the same the second Justin left last week.

Not when every call was going for the seahawks, It was a bullsh*t game, seahawks had all the momentum from the beginning and rode it for 60 minutes.
Originally posted by NinerTeam:
Injuries to Smith, Davis, Manningham, the rain and the crowd noise. Seattle capitalized on all of that last night. I KNOW the 49ers are definitely a better team than Seattle. Time to prove it in the playoffs, but before that we have to take care of business back at home against the Cardinals.

Agreed and way to not throw in the towel after one terrible game. Our own division gives us more competition than any other team not named the Giants, look at sf, stl, and sea record vs non division foes. I think our division is the toughest in the league, we are the SEC of the NFL. There will be a lot of teams hoping they don't play us or Seattle.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
My thoughts on last nights fiasco as i am amazingly calm today. i did not like getting blown out on national tv. i did not like our clock mismanagement issues. I did not like our defensive players grabbing instead of tackling in the first half, I do not like the possibility of losing the second seed. I HATE the FACT we are not playing well at the end of the season. Seattle and green bay and even washington are either better than we are now or are at least, playing at a higher level and more consistent than what we are. Come on guys, when was the last time we played four quarters??? bears?

Now that i have gotten the hate out of the way, last night was yet another example in a season of examples that when we lose, we go off the cliff as a team. If they do not know it by now, alex fans and ck fans can now see this. It does not matter who the quarterback is,, when we lose, we lose as a team. The hawks are a better team than us right now or are at least playing better, they were at home which is a house of horrors for all, i do not use injurys as an excuse but when it is justin who quite frankly, scares the hell out of defensive coordinators, that is out that is not just another injury. The best thing to do is forget it as soon as possible, understand we can win the division by beating the cards and the vikings are at a good level right now so i would not discount them beating the pack at home.

Now that being said,,, this team has only itself to blame for this cuz they could not take care of the rams but moving forward,if this team lays an egg sunday or even plays like s**t in a win vs the cardinals,, we should all be prepared to be one and done in the playoffs. i am looking for four quarters of intensity , energy and execution sunday. To see anything less, even if it is a win, is not acceptable
Dis T. Brown ever come back after he got hurt? I was so drunk that I didn't even notice.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by BayArea:
All this showed is that we are incapable of rising to the challenge in all ways. Getting blown out in a must win is nothing short of an embarrassment. This isn't even a matter of overlooking our opponent we got flat out, out played in every single aspect of the game. Our win vs Patriots isn't even impressive as they only barely just beat the worst team in the NFL.

Somebody tell me how in the hell we are going to outdo anybody in the playoffs if we can't even hang with a divisional rival in a must win?

Oh, I'm all over this one like white on rice...

1) Seattle ONLY wins at home.
2) Seattle beats EVERYBODY at home.
3) "Anybody" is not "Seattle at home."
4) We have beaten playoff teams on the road.
5) We have beaten playoff teams at home.
6) We have beaten the best teams in the league at their place.

Therefore, we can hang, with anybody in the playoffs.
brian, in order for this to occur,, we have GOT to be more consistent, two quarters vs the dolphins, two quarters vs the pats and no quarters vs the hawks is NOT what you want to see here at the end of the year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VDSF:
Not when every call was going for the seahawks, It was a bullsh*t game, seahawks had all the momentum from the beginning and rode it for 60 minutes.

the refs had nothing to do with the game last night, how poorly we played and the refs had nothing to do with our defense grabbing and not tackling. to blame the refs for our own poor play is foolish in my opinion. I am not calling vd foolilsh, just the notion of going down that road
Lets just get reality out in front here. 4 of the last 5 games have been on the road. They've played road games in what I think are the 3 toughest places to play in this league are - New Orleans, Foxboro, and Seattle. They had a bad night last night. It happens to a lot of teams.

This is a team that could use a good home stand. I think we'll beat Arizona at home to get another home game at least. I think the team could use a bye as well, so hopefully Minnesota can come through.

Considering the most likely WC opponent is Chicago, I'm not all too concerned about this team not making it to the division round.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Dis T. Brown ever come back after he got hurt? I was so drunk that I didn't even notice.

A couple plays later he was back in
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by VDSF:

the refs had nothing to do with the game last night, how poorly we played and the refs had nothing to do with our defense grabbing and not tackling. to blame the refs for our own poor play is foolish in my opinion. I am not calling vd foolilsh, just the notion of going down that road

There were plays on seattle where refs just turned the blind eye on, Yeah we had poor tackling on defense and what not but the play that pretty much drained everyone was that akers blocked fg returned for a td, after that they just dug a hole they couldn't get out of.
Share 49ersWebzone