LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 16)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We all know football can look totally different from one week to the next. I would love to catch these guys in the playoffs. Preferably away from Seatle.
You guys DO know that there is still a decent possibility that the Niners will get a bye. The Vikings really need to win on Sunday to get to the playoffs. The game is in Minnesota. If the Niners win and the Vikings win, the Niners still get the second seed. Everyone seems to be assuming the Packers win in the Minnesota dome. I can't assume that. And, even if the Packers win, the Niners will get the sixth seed at home for their first playoff game. Lots of Super Bowl winners lately have had to play three post-season games to get to the Super Bowl. This season is not over.

And, could we please stop whining about the QB change? It's a done deal. That ship has sailed. The train has left the station. Harbaugh made a gutsy choice, one that could engender lots of criticism if he fails to get to the Super Bowl. Does anyone think he didn't understand that? There was lots of downside in making that decision and everyone knows that no matter how good the team is, it's hard to make it to the Super Bowl. Let it go.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by bigwads:
Did anyone notice how slow Wilson made Brooks and Aldon Smith look....pathetic.

Frequently athletes who weigh over 260lb are made to look a trifle slow by athletes who only weigh 200lb. How is this pathetic?
Wilson looked like Fran Tarkenton to me. Tarkenton frequently juked defensive linemen and linebackers who would go on to be Hall of Famers. As English says, it's easy for a quick little guy to juke a big guy. They're just going to have to learn how to play him. With Tarkenton, defensive players had to learn not to go at him too quickly at the end for the kill. They had to learn to surround him.
he was over rated, always got blown in super bowls, the only reason he was good was because of chuck foreman.
he is over rated always pissed down his legs in the big game. the only man who could ever sack him was cedrick hardman
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
As a coach you do not make huge changes to your winning team late in the season and mess with chemistry. We were a team last year we looks like a disfunctional mob at times this year. Also college gimmickry offense will not work at this level. You might throw it in once in a while like last year but to switch to it almost exclusively is crazy. All of this is on Harbaugh is ego is huge.

i agree on the timing of the decision but last night was not the fault of ck if you are going down that road,, the whole damn team imploded which we have done many times this year, no matter who the quarter back is.. in terms of the ego of our head coach,,,, you will get zero argument from me
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Someone lock this thread. The game is over - time to move on.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
You guys DO know that there is still a decent possibility that the Niners will get a bye. The Vikings really need to win on Sunday to get to the playoffs. The game is in Minnesota. If the Niners win and the Vikings win, the Niners still get the second seed. Everyone seems to be assuming the Packers win in the Minnesota dome. I can't assume that. And, even if the Packers win, the Niners will get the sixth seed at home for their first playoff game. Lots of Super Bowl winners lately have had to play three post-season games to get to the Super Bowl. This season is not over.

And, could we please stop whining about the QB change? It's a done deal. That ship has sailed. The train has left the station. Harbaugh made a gutsy choice, one that could engender lots of criticism if he fails to get to the Super Bowl. Does anyone think he didn't understand that? There was lots of downside in making that decision and everyone knows that no matter how good the team is, it's hard to make it to the Super Bowl. Let it go.
yes, the decision to change quarterbacks means nothing anymore moving forward and that decision had zero to do with last nights loss. i feel we can beat the cards and maybe do it early so we can get the guys out of there , and while it pains me much, i will root hard for the vikes, in the dome, unleash allen and purple jesus and we could have a very very nice day sunday.
Originally posted by mayo49:
We need to seriously consider drafting a WR early in the draft. Williams and Manningham are going to be gone. AJ has to step it up and make the rotation going into the playoffs.

What about trading Alex Smith for Percy Harvin? I'm thinking it's less likely than not that it's going to happen, but Minnesota needs a vet QB to light a fire under Ponder and we of course are in need of a WR. Harvin isn't happy and neither is Smith. Harvin might end up being a headache for the team. Pun intendend.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Someone lock this thread. The game is over - time to move on.

we do not lock game day threads the day after for any other game so this should remain open to allow people to vent in my opinion oh merry xmas to you and your awesome penis,,, i do not blame your penis for last night, i blame the f**king grabbing instead of tackling on defense
in hindsight I am not super worried.

I think the 49ers bring a diffrent game plan against the Seahawks next time.

the defense plays down hill, Seahawks abused that. They abused Bowman,Willis, the safeties aggressive nature. To rub salt in the wound they attacked Aldon on the edge.

The cowboy is one man....but they attacked his absence.

the defense has got to be more discipline.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
As a coach you do not make huge changes to your winning team late in the season and mess with chemistry. We were a team last year we looks like a disfunctional mob at times this year. Also college gimmickry offense will not work at this level. You might throw it in once in a while like last year but to switch to it almost exclusively is crazy. All of this is on Harbaugh is ego is huge.

i agree on the timing of the decision but last night was not the fault of ck if you are going down that road,, the whole damn team imploded which we have done many times this year, no matter who the quarter back is.. in terms of the ego of our head coach,,,, you will get zero argument from me

Ego is always a good thing. It separates the winners from the losers. Nobody wants a push over or weak minded personality like Norv Turner. You don't think Belichick has an ego? or Brady? You don't think Montana had an ego? His ego prevents him from verbalizing Steve Young's name. You don't think the Argentine and Brazilian soccer players have an ego. You don't think Manning has an ego? His ego was about control and running the Broncos offense, which he knew Harbs wouldn't have allowed. To be a winner, you have to have a true belief that you are a winner before you act like one. The difference is, many express that ego differently and that's what probably rubs many the wrong way. If you don't like it, then maybe you should have noticed it before he was signed and not endorsed him as head coach of the 9ers.

In regards to your comment regarding changing our chemistry late in the season, well, I'm assuming you are talking about the change in QB. You need to move on and get over it; You are acting like a person who was dumped that can't let go. If you were watching the game objectively, you would have realized it wasn't a Karpernick loss, it was a butt kicking of one team that played better than the other team. In addition, if you want to look at just QB play, then look at the stats. No QB played well late in the season in Seattle, not even Tom Brady.
[ Edited by LionHeartofGold on Dec 24, 2012 at 9:45 AM ]

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Seahawks dominated in both aspects:

Pass interference and holding!!!

They are far superior!!!

That game was so juiced last night it was frickin ridiculous!!!
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Karma man, karma. I'm not liking this. I expected back to back losses, we squeezed one out last week, but this is just a downright embarrassment. Kap looked bad, and rattled. The downward trend continues, with the occasional statistical anomaly like the last game.

2 good games against bad defenses.
4 bad games where our defense bailed him out.

I'm worried.

Him? Yeah the defense,run game,and special teams never bailed the other him out. Those other phases did nothing to help out the him you are referring to last night. We have a lot more crap to clean up then just having a young qb, he is hardly our biggest issue. If anyone wants to single out one player(Kaep) you picking the wrong player, it should be Rogers he has been the weak link on D all season. Freakin pathetic, he has been getting picked on like a 6th string corner. The dude has looked completely lost out there especially last night.

kapernick did nothing to lead his team to a win..willis gets pick and niners stall...3 f/g attempts rather tds...looked unpoised...and as mark purdy tweated alex smith was 4-0 vs seahawks in last 4 starts...but more fault lies with harbaugh who made panic move switching qb and trying to change offensive philosphy in middle of season for a team that was 6-2 under the old qb --- and getting an inexperienced qb who is now 4-2
Originally posted by Kolohe:

They are far superior!!!

you should have been at Maitais last night. i think your hate for the seahawks would have been tripled........
How I was hoping we start out vs them was exactly how they started vs us: a quick 2 score lead to get Lynch completely out of the game.

We actually answered back with a solid drive only to stall at inside the 10 and then the FG block took this game away from us.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

They are far superior!!!

you should have been at Maitais last night. i think your hate for the seahawks would have been tripled........

I think I would've gotten into a scrap!!!
Share 49ersWebzone