LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 164 users in the forums

Harbaugh Coaches Approval Rating Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ninerguy:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by KegBert:
I think a lot of these grades are so bad because the wound of this game is still fresh.

He's still the best thing to happen to this team in 10 years but this loss was just really disappointing for me.

Benching Smith could ruin a playoff run....that is a reality as of now and the grade reflects it. If Keaps trend keeps going south (like its been) we will struggle in every game.

My biggest fear was having this bite us in the ass, maybe next week its better but right now Jim looks like an idiot.

Jim looks like an idiot cuz they've won 2 out of 3 with kaepernick starting? He would've been 3-0 if Akers would've made that field goal. Do you really expect the niners to blowout every team? There's always going to be ugly wins or losses, even with your precious Alex smith at qb. Alex smith had his only good year because of harbaugh and now everyone wants to crown him as our franchise qb. The guy sucked for 6 out of 7 years, but now all of the sudden without him we can't make the playoffs??? Yeah right.
Chicago had a backup QB in that couldn't score any points or move the ball-thank you D
New Orleans has the worst D in the league and we scored 14 points off on turnovers-thank you D
St Louis couldn't score anything or move the ball-thank you D

We have had stellar defensive performances the past 3 weeks and all we needed to do was not screw up, today we screwed up big time. The difference between both guys is one will screw up more because he is an inexperienced QB.

Could Alex beat Chicago, yes.
Could Alex beat New Orleans, yes.
Could Alex beat St. Louis today, yes.

We win by playing smart football and by removing the smart element we handicap ourselves. If we lose against Miami we run a serious risk of not winning another game and having this whole thing blow up in our faces. I want Keap to win and look great but not with the hiccups of learning right now.
Originally posted by Bill:
let's also realize if not for the defense and two interceptions for TD last week against the Saints that the CK lead offense could have lost us that game also. Both times we went to OT this season were against the lowly Rams with CK at the helm.

yeah well twice Charlie Horse Manure shanked it. What in the world happened to Iron Foot anyway???
I think a lot of these grades are so bad because the wound of this game is still fresh.

He's still the best thing to happen to this team in 10 years but this loss was just really disappointing for me.

Benching Smith could ruin a playoff run....that is a reality as of now and the grade reflects it. If Keaps trend keeps going south (like its been) we will struggle in every game.

My biggest fear was having this bite us in the ass, maybe next week its better but right now Jim looks like an idiot.

Jim looks like an idiot cuz they've won 2 out of 3 with kaepernick starting? He would've been 3-0 if Akers would've made that field goal. Do you really expect the niners to blowout every team? There's always going to be ugly wins or losses, even with your precious Alex smith at qb. Alex smith had his only good year because of harbaugh and now everyone wants to crown him as our franchise qb. The guy sucked for 6 out of 7 years, but now all of the sudden without him we can't make the playoffs??? Yeah right.
Chicago had a backup QB in that couldn't score any points or move the ball-thank you D
New Orleans has the worst D in the league and we scored 14 points off on turnovers-thank you D

We have had stellar defensive performances the past 3 weeks and all we needed to do was not screw up, today we screwed up big time. The difference between both guys is one will screw up more because he is an inexperienced QB.

We win by playing smart football and by removing the smart element we handicap ourselves. If we lose against Miami we run a serious risk of not winning another game and having this whole thing blow up in our faces. I want Keap to win and look great but not with the hiccups of learning right now.

I'm sure your attitude would be different if Delanie walker wouldn't have screwed what should been the game winning drive and perfect TD pass by Kap
[ Edited by Ninerguy on Dec 2, 2012 at 11:38 PM ]
Did Alex Smith beat Chicago? No
Did Alex smith beat New Orleans? No
Did Alex smith

I'm sure your attitude would be different if Delanie walker wouldn't have screwed what should been the game winning drive and perfect TD pass by Kap
Alex has beaten a better NO team.

Even if we won the mistakes that were made that spotted the Rams 10 points is inexcusable. Those mistakes can kill you against better competition. Miami will be a major turning point, depending on how Kap plays will determine a lot going forward. If he plays poorly s**t will go from bad to worse.
F, for the unacceptable and unfair benching of A. Smith, the "clutch" QB who won it last year in Detroit on 4th down, who is 20-6 under Harbaugh, who threw the Catch III and whose QB rating this year is one of the NFL's best. Harbaugh must be out of his mind !
Originally posted by SwissNiner1255:
F, for the unacceptable and unfair benching of A. Smith, the "clutch" QB who won it last year in Detroit on 4th down, who is 20-6 under Harbaugh, who threw the Catch III and whose QB rating this year is one of the NFL's best. Harbaugh must be out of his mind !

I think Harbaugh put together a great plan this week. As for Kaep we have to give it time. Anyone who thought there wouldn't be a learning curve is crazy.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I think Harbaugh put together a great plan this week. As for Kaep we have to give it time. Anyone who thought there wouldn't be a learning curve is crazy.

Are you telling me that we are in a rebuilding mode this year ? If he sticks to Kaep, Harbaugh is actually going to ruin this year's opportunity to get to the SB. Letting the concussed KW on the filed in the NFC Championship game last year already did a lot of good to the team. In my opinion, Harbaugh's judgement is questionable, let's face it !

yeah, thats what we think
that alex can beat the vikings, NOT!
not hating on Alex, I'm just tired of people saying "well, alex would of won", we dont know that for sure.

Are you telling me that we are in a rebuilding mode this year ? If he sticks to Kaep, Harbaugh is actually going to ruin this year's opportunity to get to the SB. Letting the concussed KW on the filed in the NFC Championship game last year already did a lot of good to the team. In my opinion, Harbaugh's judgement is questionable, let's face it !

Alex isn't a guarantee to reach the superbowl.

Disagree. Jim thinks Kaep gives us a better chance. The more Kaep plays the better he will get. There are four more games before the playoffs. Do the math.

Harbaugh keep saying in his post game interview with the media that Kaep made some clutch plays..... Don't you have to win for that to be implied? ...If you don't win then you just made plays...If you win then you can say that those plays were clutch.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Harbaugh keep saying in his post game interview with the media that Kaep made some clutch plays..... Don't you have to win for that to be implied? ...If you don't win then you just made plays...If you win then you can say that those plays were clutch.

Kaep made several clutch plays on 3rd downs. Made several clutch plays backed up near is own endzone. He also made a clutch play to get Delanie the ball in the endzone for a win which he dropped.

Disagree. Jim thinks Kaep gives us a better chance. The more Kaep plays the better he will get. There are four more games before the playoffs. Do the math.
Two of these games are at NE and at Seattle and we are 1 and 1/2 game ahead of Seattle. Do the math. Cheers.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Ok, coach has changed this team, made us better. However, with the recent benching of a playoff winning, league stat leading QB, the continued play of a kicker that obviously is done, questionable use of the draft class and other subjects.

What is your current approval rating of HarbaugIh? I personally think the benching of Smith could ruin our season, and I am far from the biggest Smith supporter. Plus, Akers should of been replaced three weeks ago. I give Harbaugh a D minus right now.

A
B
C
D
F

I was drunk and scorned from the loss when I wrote this, but I still only give him a C.

Two of these games are at NE and at Seattle and we are 1 and 1/2 game ahead of Seattle. Do the math. Cheers.

So what? You're saying we've lost already? Let's just say we do lose to both those teams. I feel we still make the postseason by beating Miami and Arizona. As long as we get in we have a chance. The NY Giants at this time last year were being written off for dead.
Share 49ersWebzone