There are 233 users in the forums

Harbaugh Coaches Approval Rating Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bill:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Well I guess we will all see. I think when you are in the drivers seat you don't ask to be in the passenger seat and hope for the best. Harrbaugh messed this up. He has now put the entire team in a very bad position. Bill Walsh at least had class in the whole Montana-Young QB switch. Harrbauygh shows no class.

Bill, maybe you like Singletary better? Perhaps you should think about what Harbaugh has done to make the Niners relevant again,

I swear... the posts in here are just beyond belief
Wow a Black and White guy. If I don't like Harbaugh I must like Singeltary. Your logic is terrible and you are not very good at convincing me of anything.

Anyone that gives Jim Harbaugh's rating as a D isnt even worth debating. Yep. taking a team from total ruins and bringing them to the NFC title game and now the 2nd best record in the NFC is totally deserving of such a grade.
Wow. I guess you told me. Maybe I should let you win since you are defenseless. But I guess I won't. CK was 21 of 32 for 191 yards and a QB rating of 83.4. Those are the facts.

I guess 22-7-1 is worthy of a D in your mind. You see.. those are the only facts that REALLY matter now arent they.
Originally posted by UKNiners:
So we should base the QB switch on this? That wasn't the point.

Love how JH has done this too us. Again, what do you think is going on in the locker room?

No. Don't move the goal posts. The individual I was quoting wanted to use "facts" about that game so I countered with facts. If you want to talk about the QB switch then that's a different argument.

As for "how JH has done this to us"? Do you not remember where we were 2 years ago? A laughing stock? At this point no one should really be questioning Jim. He's done so much for this team and franchise. The guy scouted Luck and RG3. He knows QB's. I will go with what he thinks.
Wow. I guess you told me. Maybe I should let you win since you are defenseless. But I guess I won't. CK was 21 of 32 for 191 yards and a QB rating of 83.4. Those are the facts.

conveniently left out the rushing stats.
  • Bill
  • Veteran
Well I guess we will all see. I think when you are in the drivers seat you don't ask to be in the passenger seat and hope for the best. Harrbaugh messed this up. He has now put the entire team in a very bad position. Bill Walsh at least had class in the whole Montana-Young QB switch. Harrbauygh shows no class.

Bill, maybe you like Singletary better? Perhaps you should think about what Harbaugh has done to make the Niners relevant again,

I swear... the posts in here are just beyond belief
Wow a Black and White guy. If I don't like Harbaugh I must like Singeltary. Your logic is terrible and you are not very good at convincing me of anything.

Anyone that gives Jim Harbaugh's rating as a D isnt even worth debating. Yep. taking a team from total ruins and bringing them to the NFC title game and now the 2nd best record in the NFC is totally deserving of such a grade.

I guess 22-7-1 is worthy of a D in your mind. You see.. those are the only facts that REALLY matter now arent they.
Lets go back to the original premise of Chief's question to open the post. Let me quote for you, "Ok, coach has changed this team, made us better. However, with the recent benching of a playoff winning, league stat leading QB, the continued play of a kicker that obviously is done, questionable use of the draft class and other subjects.What is your current approval rating of Harbaugh? I personally think the benching of Smith could ruin our season, and I am far from the biggest Smith supporter. Plus, Akers should of been replaced three weeks ago. I give Harbaugh a D minus right now." I think the question was WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT RATING OF HARBAUGH? My CURRENT Rating is a "D" maybe D-. Again this is answering the question and just the facts.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:

Stats today are meaningless for Harbaugh's grade as a coach.
  • Bill
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:

who cares about his rushing. I guess his rushing got us a win. Wait, his rushing did not get us a win. Michael Vick can rush a lot too, but he doesn't have many wins either.
Lets go back to the original premise of Chief's question to open the post. Let me quote for you, "Ok, coach has changed this team, made us better. However, with the recent benching of a playoff winning, league stat leading QB, the continued play of a kicker that obviously is done, questionable use of the draft class and other subjects.What is your current approval rating of Harbaugh? I personally think the benching of Smith could ruin our season, and I am far from the biggest Smith supporter. Plus, Akers should of been replaced three weeks ago. I give Harbaugh a D minus right now." I think the question was WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT RATING OF HARBAUGH? My CURRENT Rating is a "D" maybe D-. Again this is answering the question and just the facts.

There are no facts here. You "think" that benching Smith could ruin our season. Most would disagree with you although many would agree. SPECULATION. You believe that Akers should have been replaced. Again, OPINION. By the way, who would you have brought int? Hmmmm?

What the facts are... the Niners right now would have a first round bye into the playofffs and are 2-1 with Kap as the starter. You see.. this isnt speculation at all. THIS is really a fact.
Worst coached game since the Singletary firing. Period.
  • Bill
  • Veteran

There are no facts here. You "think" that benching Smith could ruin our season. Most would disagree with you although many would agree. SPECULATION. You believe that Akers should have been replaced. Again, OPINION. By the way, who would you have brought int? Hmmmm?

What the facts are... the Niners right now would have a first round bye into the playofffs and are 2-1 with Kap as the starter. You see.. this isnt speculation at all. THIS is really a fact.
I quote you the original question which includes references to Akers. That is what the quote marks mean (i.e. I am using someone elses words). We are debating Harbaugh, so stay on point.
  • Bill
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brooksie211:
Worst coached game since the Singletary firing. Period.

Agree

I quote you the original question which includes references to Akers. That is what the quote marks mean (i.e. I am using someone elses words). We are debating Harbaugh, so stay on point.

I wont lower myself to your level with the snide remarks. Anyway, I think the D or D- grade for Jim Harbaugh is a joke. But. thats just my opinion. And..I'm guessing the vast majority of people who watch NFL games. Nice talking to you.
C

Harbaugh is suppose to be an offensive genius.

Tied Ram game (we have to remember that Kap played 3 quarters of this game)
Bears 32 points - good but they were stacking the box and was caugh one on one with our s**tty WR - so favorable matchup
Saints 17 offensive points - this is against a team ranked last in defense. We better WR, better OLine, one more year under Harbaugh, yet we only score 17 points? Thats less than half from the last time we played them and they got worse in defense? Really people are excited?

Rams - 13 points.

NOW, people are beggining to see that its play calling and s**tty can't get open WR thats to blame.
Changing QB did not solve those problem.
B- with potential to get worse.

You have one of the best defenses of the last decade, and one of the most talented rosters in the league. I like the way the team executes and tackles, for the most part, but Harbaugh is getting schooled by the more experienced and veteran coaches. Other than some blowouts and wins against teams in disarray or suffering from injuries, I've only been impressed by the Packers win. It's always good to win (most of) the games you're supposed to win.

Getting demolished by the Giants for the second time in 1 year at home is downright embarrassing, and Fisher is looking to make Harbaugh his b***h. This season is the best chance, arguably, for players like Gore and Justin Smith to get a championship. And now Harbaugh is stepping on a lot of toes on the path to arrogantly and selfishly starting "his own" QB, at the chance of more games like today, and disrupting an already great thing.

I have a hard time believing Kaepernick made a drastic improvement from before the season to now. I understand that the beat writes have mentioned there was a marked difference between Kaep's accuracy in preseason and in games, but Kaepernick and the whole team would have been better served if he was able to cut his teeth from the start of the season. Pete Carrol didn't have to wait for a BS injury to make the decision for him, and he's not even supposed to be a "QB guru".
[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Dec 2, 2012 at 8:27 PM ]
C-

I been around a while seen alot of football. The Faithful are so desperate for a "good" coach that now that we have someone who resembles a competent coach we take everything he says as RIGHT. Harbaughs problem is he is rushing to be one of the GREAT coaches. All he had to do was ride his highly efficient QB (and I am in no way a big Alex fan), and rely on his RB and Def to win him a Super Bowl. Simple! But no... Now he wants to be Belichek and Keap be his Brady... Man, just win that first Super Bowl and then you can do anything you want. I know Harbaugh wants to put his stamp on this team, being that most of these players he inherited, but not at the cost of a Super Bowl. Harbaugh of all people should know what the QB shuffle does to a team and the QB's involves. Sit Harbaugh in a room with Mike Tomzcak and ask those two how that helped their careers and the Bears chances of winning another Super Bowl. Ditka was arrogant as hell and his head got big after he won that Super Bowl, but HE WON A SUPER BOWL...Win one first then pretend to be some genius Jim.
LOL
Share 49ersWebzone