LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Harbaugh Coaches Approval Rating Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
A thread like this reminds me what I stopped going into Niner Talk for so long Last week most everyone would have given Harbaugh an A. Now people give him a D. A f**king D. What an absolute joke.

Agree 1000%

No wonder other teams fans call us the forty whiners.

His overall body of work deserves a A. He has made some questionable decisions but he doesnt give a flying f**k what anyone thinks, especially some stupid approval rating bs.

He has turned this franchise around for crying out loud.

This is for weekly approval rating changes. Approval ratings change constantly, yes, a couple weeks ago, an A... The loss against the Rams, the rating goes down.

Common sense dudes, relax, no one said he sucks. I'm a huge Harbaugh fan and will continue to be even when I disapprove of some of the things he does.

Breath a little and let people express their complaints.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
In every loss the 9ers have suffered this season, it can be pinned to being out-coached.

If Kaep doesn't take the safety we win
If Kaep doesn't sail the pitch several feet over Ginn's head we win
If Delanie catches the ball we win
If Akers hits the field goal we win

Players have to execute. Nowhere in the play design was Kaep ever supposed to run about 15 yards back into his own endzone. The endzone play to Delanie was designed with heavy run action to get him open for a TD the play worked Walker just forgot to catch the ball.

The coaching staff put together a good enough plan to win the game the players just left points on the field and gave points to the other team.
Originally posted by Chief:
This is for weekly approval rating changes. Approval ratings change constantly, yes, a couple weeks ago, an A... The loss against the Rams, the rating goes down.

Common sense dudes, relax, no one said he sucks. I'm a huge Harbaugh fan and will continue to be even when I disapprove of some of the things he does.

Breath a little and let people express their complaints.

Well said! Harbaugh is a good coach and he has assembled a top notch staff, so he has quite a bit of collateral with me. He can make a lot of mistakes and still have my support, but if I disagree with a decision so be it. No big deal and it's unlikely he cares a great deal about what we say.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
How would you want him to handle the Brandon Jacobs thing if it comes up?

I would hope he takes it seriously.
[ Edited by Chief on Dec 8, 2012 at 4:57 PM ]
I remember when Bill Walsh took the Niners into New York for a playoff game and the Niners got blown out 49-3. This crowd would have been gripping like madman about Walsh. "What's wrong with Bill Walsh!!??" "Has Bill Walsh lost his touch??!!" "Do we need a new coach??!!" "I'm freaking ooooouuuttttt!!!"

Needs to be cut. Good organizations don't keep clowns like him around. Should have been done the first time he was talking out of turn.

I don't think players are smart to cross JH but he tends to react with restraint until he can drop the hammer. He never criticizes players, even after cutting them.

Originally posted by Schulzy:

Needs to be cut. Good organizations don't keep clowns like him around. Should have been done the first time he was talking out of turn.

Cut him after we beat the Giants the NFC Championship game.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Dec 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM ]

Lol, other team's fans call us forty whiners only because it rhymes with forty niners. That's all. No more thought than that goes into that nickname. I find it funny when people act like fans spent a long time deliberating before coming up with that nickname based on our fans' behavior.

As for Harbaugh, I give him a B. I feel like he's made some missteps along the way and the team has been really inconsistent this year, but overall he's done a good job. However, this is also a really talented team, so it's hard for me to give Harbaugh tons of credit. I mean, Singletary took this team to 8-8 with Jimmy Raye as our offensive coordinator, and Singletary is probably the worst HC I've ever seen.
[ Edited by TinyHandsBigHeart on Dec 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM ]
Harbaugh! Harbaugh! Harbaugh!

Agree 1000%

His overall body of work deserves a A. He has made some questionable decisions but he doesnt give a flying f**k what anyone thinks, especially some stupid approval rating bs.

He has turned this franchise around for crying out loud.
He is, Guys! Remember the last 2 coaches, and the state of the team, I am not going to tell you the feeling of us and team play then, but you remember
Know we got that testosterone rush, that started last year and in to this year and Kaep is helping that feeling.
i really thought kap was the better choice but i realize now that this team was built around smith. smith with his experience, ability not to make turnovers, and smart play has been what this team has had success with. kap is good but still not completely ready and for that i give harbaugh a B compared to last year's A. if you look at it we should be 10-2 if it werent for akers. i can understand why he hadnt benched akers...he is one of the best kickers of all time and it would have been folish to bench him after a bad mid season but now i think harbaugh has to cut ties with him
  • Brew
  • Veteran
C+
Lots of positives
And lots of negatives
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brew:
C+
Lots of positives
And lots of negatives

If it was graded on a curve against the preceding coaches after Mooch, then I would think it would be an A+. The win loss record itself should earn him an A+, graded on a curve against Ericcson, Nolan, and Singletary.
B-
Share 49ersWebzone