LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Harbaugh Coaches Approval Rating Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Born49R.
I still think he deserves a B+ even though I think he screwed up big time starting Kaep today. The organization had a perfect opportunity to check Kaep for two games against a good defensive team with a bad offense and a great QB with a bad defensive team. If they thought that Kaep was going to be the QB of the future then this was the perfect time to make that determination. I don't think he showed enough, however ,to jeopardize the run to the SB. This mistake is as bad as Nolan starting Smith in his first year.
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I'm proven wrong and Kaep can at least get us to the playoffs because given that Harbs is most likely as arrogant as most, if not all head coaches, he isn't going to want to admit that this was a mistake.
You do realize this is the 4th time this season that the Niners were outcoached right? Vikings, Giants and Rams did it twice.

I still stand by Harbaugh's decision. Kaep definitely cost the team the win today but today showed me that he is the one factor on offense that help move them downfield.If you don't remember the last time the Niners and Rams faced each other, the conservative play calling towards the end of the game is why they ended up in a tie.

People are calling out the conservative play calling which goes to show that more people wanted to see them air out the ball because that was the only time we had any kind of success.

So for that, he get a D. We know his style of football. Pounding the rock. Hunter's gone and Gore is gassed.

Too damn bad because other than the penalties, this was one of the defenses best games.
[ Edited by YoungWifey on Dec 2, 2012 at 9:24 PM ]
A thread like this reminds me what I stopped going into Niner Talk for so long Last week most everyone would have given Harbaugh an A. Now people give him a D. A f**king D. What an absolute joke.
Originally posted by jaadee72:
C-

I been around a while seen alot of football. The Faithful are so desperate for a "good" coach that now that we have someone who resembles a competent coach we take everything he says as RIGHT. Harbaughs problem is he is rushing to be one of the GREAT coaches. All he had to do was ride his highly efficient QB (and I am in no way a big Alex fan), and rely on his RB and Def to win him a Super Bowl. Simple! But no... Now he wants to be Belichek and Keap be his Brady... Man, just win that first Super Bowl and then you can do anything you want. I know Harbaugh wants to put his stamp on this team, being that most of these players he inherited, but not at the cost of a Super Bowl. Harbaugh of all people should know what the QB shuffle does to a team and the QB's involves. Sit Harbaugh in a room with Mike Tomzcak and ask those two how that helped their careers and the Bears chances of winning another Super Bowl. Ditka was arrogant as hell and his head got big after he won that Super Bowl, but HE WON A SUPER BOWL...Win one first then pretend to be some genius Jim.

Yeah, we had an opportunity to do that last year but we couldn't. Those two last drives against NO? This is the kind of thing we need to see on a consistent basis. Not twice every 5-6 games (and I'm being generous here). It's what helped the Niners win that game (because for some reason, the Saints were still somehow in that game after FIVE turnovers). We couldn't do jack against that NYG D in least season's championship game. I don't know how in the world we're going to get through those types of teams in this safe and conservative offense.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
A thread like this reminds me what I stopped going into Niner Talk for so long Last week most everyone would have given Harbaugh an A. Now people give him a D. A f**king D. What an absolute joke.

For this week's game? Why not? Maybe it should go more to Roman but we're not talking overall. Heck, I'd still give that man an A for everything he's done for this organization.
Originally posted by YoungWifey:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

For this week's game? Why not? Maybe it should go more to Roman but we're not talking overall. Heck, I'd still give that man an A for everything he's done for this organization.

I didnt understand the grade in this thread to be for this game only. I took it to be what you would give his overall approval rating to be.

OP's original statement.... "What is your current approval rating of Harbaugh? I personally think the benching of Smith could ruin our season, and I am far from the biggest Smith supporter. Plus, Akers should of been replaced three weeks ago. I give Harbaugh a D minus right now. "
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Dec 2, 2012 at 9:36 PM ]
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Right now, C.

Alex should be in
Akers should be on IR
The draft class blows (this is on Trent a bit more though)

Last week you fools singing his praises. Him and Baalke.

Alex is AVERAGE and I'm over it.
Akers should be replaced.
Which draft class?

The one that yielded
Kaep
Kendall Hunter
Aldon Smith
Chris Culliver
Bruce Miller

All of whom are significant contributors to this team.

you fools?

I have been pissed about this draft since week 3 and I have been pissed about Smith's benching.

If you're going to talk out your ass direct it at people who deserve it.
I think a lot of these grades are so bad because the wound of this game is still fresh.

He's still the best thing to happen to this team in 10 years but this loss was just really disappointing for me.
Originally posted by KegBert:
I think a lot of these grades are so bad because the wound of this game is still fresh.

He's still the best thing to happen to this team in 10 years but this loss was just really disappointing for me.

Benching Smith could ruin a playoff run....that is a reality as of now and the grade reflects it. If Keaps trend keeps going south (like its been) we will struggle in every game.

My biggest fear was having this bite us in the ass, maybe next week its better but right now Jim looks like an idiot.

I been around a while seen alot of football. The Faithful are so desperate for a "good" coach that now that we have someone who resembles a competent coach we take everything he says as RIGHT. Harbaughs problem is he is rushing to be one of the GREAT coaches. All he had to do was ride his highly efficient QB (and I am in no way a big Alex fan), and rely on his RB and Def to win him a Super Bowl. Simple! But no... Now he wants to be Belichek and Keap be his Brady... Man, just win that first Super Bowl and then you can do anything you want. I know Harbaugh wants to put his stamp on this team, being that most of these players he inherited, but not at the cost of a Super Bowl. Harbaugh of all people should know what the QB shuffle does to a team and the QB's involves. Sit Harbaugh in a room with Mike Tomzcak and ask those two how that helped their careers and the Bears chances of winning another Super Bowl. Ditka was arrogant as hell and his head got big after he won that Super Bowl, but HE WON A SUPER BOWL...Win one first then pretend to be some genius Jim.
Originally posted by jaadee72:
C-

Harbaugh is the reason the niners are where they are now. Not Alex smith. Smith will have 1 good year on his résumé thanks to harbaugh. He's seen how far Alex can take us and knows his limitations. Now everybody wants to trust their own judgement after 1 loss over the guy who completely turned our organization around
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
10-1-1 Wahooo!
Oh wait The Akers effect means we're 8-3-1. BOOOOOOOO

yeah, how soon so many often forget, how many games did Akers win this team last year? His dead foot cost us a game and a half.

You're absolutely right. I'm still disappointed in the play calling but this man did not only make us relevant, he got us thisclose to the big game.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Benching Smith could ruin a playoff run....that is a reality as of now and the grade reflects it. If Keaps trend keeps going south (like its been) we will struggle in every game.

My biggest fear was having this bite us in the ass, maybe next week its better but right now Jim looks like an idiot.

Jim looks like an idiot cuz they've won 2 out of 3 with kaepernick starting? He would've been 3-0 if Akers would've made that field goal. Do you really expect the niners to blowout every team? There's always going to be ugly wins or losses, even with your precious Alex smith at qb. Alex smith had his only good year because of harbaugh and now everyone wants to crown him as our franchise qb. The guy sucked for 6 out of 7 years, but now all of the sudden without him we can't make the playoffs??? Yeah right.
It's easier for me to think in terms of either offensive/defensive rating or overall staff. Harbaugh has gathered together a really good staff, whether you like all of them or not, most are at the top of their area.

Offense--B-
Defense--A
STs--C+

As a HC Harbaugh has kept the staff and team together and has won most of his games. So if I disagree with an individual decision (even as strongly as I do the Smith benching) I still have to credit him with being a very good coach. Roman likely brings the offense grade down to B-. Play calling is our Achilles heel right now...hope they can bring that along. Shifting from calling plays for CK has to have an effect.
Share 49ersWebzone