There are 167 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CHICAGO BEARS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by Baldie:
I'm more concerned about our defense than the offense. Our defense hasn't proved these past couple games they can stop anyone, especially on 3rd down.

I don't get it. Niners gave up 3 and 6 points in 2 of our last 3 games. Yeah they looked like crap against the Rams, but hyperbole much?
if you do not think this defense has issues with poor tackling, not ready to play, getting owned by running backs,, terrible terrible penalties, no pressure, corners betting burned, you are just whistling past the end zone. how many good teams have we actually played and beaten this year??? packers, maybe seattle. our defense has dominated terrible teams,, you have seen what happens to them when they get up against a good offense and you saw last week when they went up a above average offense
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
31-13 Bears are over matched... played a bunch of trash teams this year.... only good teams they played GB and HOU both loses.

you can say we played and beat some trash teams cept for packers and seattle,, we know the bears are a good defensive team, they showed it against the best team in the nfl last week,, what the f**k did we do with our alleged "elite" defense?
Cutler or Campbell it doesn't matter because we're winning regardless.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
We win 7-3 and Goldson rings up Kellen Davis in the hit of the year.

then he throws his helmet off, celebrates, draws a penalty that keeps the drive alive and they score on a running play cuz we can not defend the run against good teams and good backs, we lose 10-7
Originally posted by cciowa:

then he throws his helmet off, celebrates, draws a penalty that keeps the drive alive and they score on a running play cuz we can not defend the run against good teams and good backs, we lose 10-7

31-13 Bears are over matched... played a bunch of trash teams this year.... only good teams they played GB and HOU both loses.

you can say we played and beat some trash teams cept for packers and seattle,, we know the bears are a good defensive team, they showed it against the best team in the nfl last week,, what the f**k did we do with our alleged "elite" defense?

did you forget that we are #1 in scoring defense? Yes the Bears have a great defense, BUT they need turn overs to help them out... Our D is great with or without TOs...
I just think Cutler is due for a bad game and I don't think the Bears will get TOs against us. IMO....
That being said IF Cutler doesn't turn the ball over then this game will be close and a very hard fought game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

i am sorry to be negative but along with every thing else we have to be among the nlf leaders in penalties,, just sloppy stupid stuff you know?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

did you forget that we are #1 in scoring defense? Yes the Bears have a great defense, BUT they need turn overs to help them out... Our D is great with or without TOs...
I just think Cutler is due for a bad game and I don't think the Bears will get TOs against us. IMO....
That being said IF Cutler doesn't turn the ball over then this game will be close and a very hard fought game.
i used to think our defense brings out the worst in most quarterbacks we play.. i hope we get back to that on monday

i am sorry to be negative but along with every thing else we have to be among the nlf leaders in penalties,, just sloppy stupid stuff you know?
I made a thread on it after week 3 and got flamed for pointing out an issue
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I made a thread on it after week 3 and got flamed for pointing out an issue
well you are ahead of the curve on that, it just takes me a while to catch up, sunday pushed me over the edge.,, i wonder how many people are flaming you now

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
i used to think our defense brings out the worst in most quarterbacks we play.. i hope we get back to that on monday

That was 2011. We haven't done that as of yet except to the mediocre teams.
[ Edited by Baldie on Nov 15, 2012 at 5:55 AM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Alot of the stuff I'm reading so far leads me to believe Campbell is starting....which is a plus.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Sooo, are you guys hoping Cutler or Campbell plays? If Campbell plays, niners are more likely to win. If we beat them with Cutler, there's no "Yeah, but.."

I want to win, the easier the better....right now i dont give a s**t about yeah buts

Exactly! Don't care who's playing, all the counts is that win column increases because thats what matters at the end of the season.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Alot of the stuff I'm reading so far leads me to believe Campbell is starting....which is a plus.

Im yes and no on this. With Cutler the coaching team will have a lot of tape to break down and game plan. Campbell in the system you dont have much to go through and it becomes the unexpected.

I'd rather Cutler, Campbell will have nothing to lose and just spin it.
Share 49ersWebzone