There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

joe staley hurt

Boone at LT doesn't scare me. Davis at RG scares me.

We better go heavily to the run vs seattle and just enough passes to keep them honest...or use quick slants to keep the pressure up the middle softer.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

We better go heavily to the run vs seattle and just enough passes to keep them honest...or use quick slants to keep the pressure up the middle softer.

I think boone is gonna have time against Irvin and Clemons. we must run the ball 60% of the time.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:

I think boone is gonna have time against Irvin and Clemons. we must run the ball 60% of the time.

They are going to be expecting that, 8 guys will be in the box.

All they have to do is bunch up the between the tackles and we are done...we are screwed cause we are going to need AS to step up

I disagree regarding Boone....remember when Aldon first came on and Boone was the one making him look like nothing while staley was getting beat?

That said, I think we're in agreement with the conclusion. We need to run, pound and grind the ball.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

All they have to do is bunch up the between the tackles and we are done...we are screwed cause we are going to need AS to step up

That's why I mentioned slant passes..and probably screens...to open it up a bit...probably use some of those WR runs as well.Spread it horizonally then punch the middle. Sprinkle in a enough passing to keep the safeties in a normal position.

That's why I mentioned slant passes..and probably screens...to open it up a bit...probably use some of those WR runs as well.Spread it horizonally then punch the middle. Sprinkle in a enough passing to keep the safeties in a normal position.

dont know why roman hates calling screen passes

Slants and screens dont work when the Defense knows you are not going to throw deep.

they will hover the short range area, like what NYG did and take away AS comfort zone
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 49ers LT Joe Staley is symptom-free after concussion. He has yet receive clearance, but hopes to play vs. Seahawks. http://bit.ly/OFKfLc

Originally posted by jreff22:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 49ers LT Joe Staley is symptom-free after concussion. He has yet receive clearance, but hopes to play vs. Seahawks. http://bit.ly/OFKfLc

Just saw Mindi Bach report something similar.

Hoping to have that line at full strength on Thurs.

isn't that part of the identity of being a running team? "we're running the ball, and there's nothing you can do about it."

................also, the niners are also very good at running to the outside.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Just saw Mindi Bach report something similar.

Hoping to have that line at full strength on Thurs.

with all effort for player safety lately I doubt he plays.

i can say 1 thing for davis...on the 3rd and 1 play that he was offsides on, he did blast off the line pretty hard for a guy his size
Originally posted by hofer36:

i can say 1 thing for davis...on the 3rd and 1 play that he was offsides on, he did blast off the line pretty hard for a guy his size
Yes, but does it look better then it was with everyone else not moving?
Those concussions really add up.

I hope Kilgore got a lot of reps this week.
Hope Staley is healthy and ready to roll on Thursday night.