There are 304 users in the forums

The "my god it's insane how drastically everyone is over-reacting" thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
great teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat

Then every Super Bowl champ should be undefeated... Every year :/

losing to a good team will happen but looking like s**t against lower competition is not the sign of a complete team

really this was addressed on the first line of this topic
In 2011, Jacksonville beat Baltimore, KC beat G.B., Buffalo beat N.E., STL beat N.O., the Giants lost a bunch of terrible games, etc
I was expecting to go undefeated.
losing to a good team will happen but looking like s**t against lower competition is not the sign of a complete team

Please see my post directly above yours listing how all 4 of the final 4 teams last year lost to s**tty teams in the regular season...need more examples than just the final 4 teams? How about the Packers losing to the Chiefs or the 13-3 Saints losing to the 3-13 Rams? How do you not get that this happens ALL THE TIME and I just posted PROOF...PLUS none of those teams ever play 10 AM games either...
Originally posted by solidg2000:
really this was addressed on the first line of this topic
In 2011, Jacksonville beat Baltimore, KC beat G.B., Buffalo beat N.E., STL beat N.O., the Giants lost a bunch of terrible games, etc

I think people might be freaking out so much because of the team we lost too and how we lost it. It was pretty ugly.

I really think/hope that this will be a bit of a wake up call to the entire team.

We should come out swingin verse the jets.
Originally posted by KegBert:
I think people might be freaking out so much because of the team we lost too and how we lost it. It was pretty ugly.

I really think/hope that this will be a bit of a wake up call to the entire team.

We should come out swingin verse the jets.

And the Giants' lossES to the Redskins last year weren't ugly? Was the Saints' loss to the Rams pretty? Brady threw FOUR picks and lost to the Bills, c'mon now. Our loss was actually probably less ugly than those examples I have listed because those teams never play at 10 AM their body time, and we still possibly (maybe even probably) would have won were it not for the Goldson personal foul BS call, the Whitner dropped pick-6, Akers' blocked FG, etc. etc. etc. Of course it was ugly though. A great team losing to a s**tty team is always ugly, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen all the time by the league's elite and even championship teams.

The 2011 Niners lost to the Cardinals when they were 3-6, is that really that much worse than losing to the now 2-1 Vikings? And I don't hear anyone saying the 2011 Niners sucked, or that Harbaugh did a s**tty job coaching last year because we lost that game. All you clowns freaking out need to CALM DOWN
[ Edited by lordfangio on Sep 23, 2012 at 10:45 PM ]

Well I'm going to put today's game in the same column I put the lose of the 1994 49ers against the Philadelphia Eagles. An 8-40 loss that had Steve Young benched.

In the aberration column it goes. Lets just hope this team learns something from the ass kicking they received.
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Well I'm going to put today's game in the same column I put the lose of the 1994 49ers against the Philadelphia Eagles. An 8-40 loss that had Steve Young benched.

In the aberration column it goes. Lets just hope this team learns something from the ass kicking they received.

It's sports! NBA teams that win 50+ games lose to teams that lose 50+ games ALL THE TIME. NFL teams with double digit wins lose to teams with double digit losses ALL THE TIME. sweet jesus give me strength to deal with all these ridiculous "fans"
[ Edited by lordfangio on Sep 23, 2012 at 10:50 PM ]
Just to keep it real, we are tied for second place and we love giving up division games.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Just to keep it real, we are tied for second place and we love giving up division games.

Huh? We haven't played a division game yet this year and have won 9 of our last 11 division games, what are you talking about dude?

Originally posted by lordfangio:
Oh ya, you're right, I totally forgot how last year's SB champs breezed through the regular season taking care of business and didn't lose any embarrassing games to the Seahawks, Redskins, etc. And how the 2011 49ers, who should have won the Super Bowl, didn't lose any games to non-playoff teams like the Cowboys or Cardinals or anything. I also forgot how the AFC Champ Patriots didn't lose any games to the Bills or the runner up Ravens didn't lose any games to bad teams like the Jaguars or Seahawks or other non-playoff teams like the Titans or Chargers. Ya you totally got me there

I clearly mentioned the success 6 seeds have had in the playoffs in my last point didn't I.

Maybe it works out. Maybe we play a bunch of games in ugly weather like the Giants did which neutralizes home field advantage. Then again maybe we have to go to a dome and play a team like Atlanta. Playoffs are about matchups. If the Giants played the Saints in New Orleans their *sses would be at home for the Super Bowl. Unfortunately New Orleans blew an easy game and lost home field advantage to us. We sent them packing. They might have been in the Super Bowl if they had home field advantage like they did with during their last Super Bowl run.

Like I said it's not the end of the world but I'd prefer controlling our own destiny and playing games in our environment. The Giants have a game perfectly adapted to cold/ ugly weather and the playoffs have broken that way for them. There's no guarantee that will happen for us.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 24, 2012 at 12:04 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I clearly mentioned the success 6 seeds have had in the playoffs in my last point didn't I.

Maybe it works out. Maybe we play a bunch of games in ugly weather like the Giants did which neutralizes home field advantage. Then again maybe we have to go to a dome and play a team like Atlanta and end up going home early. Playoffs are about matchups. If the Giants played the Saints in New Orleans their *sses would be at home for the Super Bowl. Unfortunately New Orleans blew an easy game and lost home field advantage to us. We sent them packing.

We lost an easy game too! We lost to the 3-6 Cardinals last year, it happens to everyone!!
Originally posted by lordfangio:
We lost an easy game too! We lost to the 3-6 Cardinals last year, it happens to everyone!!

Doesn't matter. They blew an easy non division game, we blew an easy division game and we won the tie breaker. Moral of the story is if you want to control your own destiny don't lose.
The moral of the story is there's zero correlation between NEVER having a bad loss and playing ball deep into the winter.
I want winners
Share 49ersWebzone