LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 163 users in the forums

The "my god it's insane how drastically everyone is over-reacting" thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great teams lose to s**tty teams all the time. In 2011, Jacksonville beat Baltimore, KC beat G.B., Buffalo beat N.E., STL beat N.O., the Giants lost a bunch of terrible games, etc. Realistically the bottom line is unless Harbuagh went 19-0, he would get heavily criticized by so many of you. He lost ONE game on the road at a 10 AM body-time start (which none of the aforementioned non-West Coast teams can ever say) and all of a sudden Harbaugh sucks. Not to mention they still needed some gifts (Goldson BS personal foul call, Akers blocked FG, Whitner's dropped pick-6 etc.) to hold us off late. This was about as bad as we could possibly look and we still could have won it. 29 of 32 teams have at least one embarrassing loss, do 29 teams suck/have terrible head coaches? C'mon, we have been worshipping Harbaugh for 21 months and we're really gonna let one September 10 AM loss on the road throw everything prior out the window? Again, it would take 19-0 with most of you guys to not lash out at least once that he's a bum. And for those clamoring to see James and Jenkins, as I have said, you need to still have trust in the coaching staff...has the thought ever crossed your mind that the reason LMJ and Jenkins haven't stepped on the field yet is because they're not ready? Are we really at the point, because of one loss, of not trusting what Harbaugh/Roman's eyeballs have been telling them on the practice field? If they're not ready, and LMJ misses a block in pass pro to lead to Alex Smith getting hurt, or Jenkins runs the wrong route leading to a pick-6, then you'd be trashing Harbaugh/Roman for playing rookies that need more developmental time...TRUST OUR COACHES. You don't see how these guys look every day in practice. They do. And they've been doing pretty well by you so far. 2 of our 3 games have been utter domination of two teams that combined for 25 wins last year. RELAX. We're not gonna go 19-0 but we're still an UNBELIEVABLE team and the best team in football. And we'll show that once again when we smack the crap out of the Jets in a week.
i aint even mad.
Fire everybody.
welcome to niner talk
Thank you! GO NINERS!!
It was my fault I am sorry jinxed it. Farted during kickoff.
Most of them are rats or mentally unstable. So we lost to the Vikings, the team has to be a bit depleted and overstrun after whens against the Packers and Lions. 2-1 is just a fairly realistict epectation for this point in the year.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Most of them are rats or mentally unstable. So we lost to the Vikings, the team has to be a bit depleted and overstrun after whens against the Packers and Lions. 2-1 is just a fairly realistict epectation for this point in the year.

Ya especially when there was a lot of talk about a potential 0-2 start when the schedule first came out.
[ Edited by lordfangio on Sep 23, 2012 at 8:24 PM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Niner talk bruh. SB one week. Number 1 pick the next.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
That's why they call us fanatics.
Originally posted by susweel:

Good point. Some of us are a good example of the varying types of fanaticism though.
great teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by susweel:

Good point. Some of us are a good example of the varying types of fanaticism though.

To each his own.
Originally posted by jreff22:
great teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat

Then every Super Bowl champ should be undefeated... Every year :/
Share 49ersWebzone