LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

POLL: Is Colin Kaepernick getting a free pass to No. 2?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

POLL: Is Colin Kaepernick getting a free pass to No. 2?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
the more i watch the texans game the more i'm impressed with kaep's improvement...he really has had a pretty good preseason. he had a couple of completions that were nice accurate timed passes that were called back for penalties and he also went to his 3rd read [first time i've seen him do that] on a 2nd and 7 play...stayed in the pocket and lead cartwright with some space to possibly get a first down or make it a 3rd and short....but cart dropped it. i can actually understand the confused look that harbaugh had, when matt maicco was question his play.

Not sure what you are watching. He's looked awful all preseason other than a good run here or there.

i just finished watching the game again..when was the last time you watched it? how many times have you watched it? if you don't have the ability to watch it again, try to find a link and show us all these inaccurate throws....tell us which downs or what time during the game....and if you can't back up your point of view, then stop spreading bs for whatever reason you do.
the more i watch the texans game the more i'm impressed with kaep's improvement...he really has had a pretty good preseason. he had a couple of completions that were nice accurate timed passes that were called back for penalties and he also went to his 3rd read [first time i've seen him do that] on a 2nd and 7 play...stayed in the pocket and lead cartwright with some space to possibly get a first down or make it a 3rd and short....but cart dropped it. i can actually understand the confused look that harbaugh had, when matt maicco was question his play.

Can you imagine the face he would make if he actually read the WZ?
you are sooo wrong that u just seem like you are trolling now..you keep saying the same s**t with no substance....show us how on every throw he is inaccurate...in the texans game he was more accurate than not accurate......almost every throw? tell us all of these throws....or shut that trolling s**t.

Stating an opinion is not trolling. It may be right. It may be wrong. It may be something in between. But it is his opinion and as long as it expressed in a reasonable fashion and in the correct thread he has every right to state it.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Joe Montana was not accurate at all on long throws (but he did have a wide open Jerry Rice much of the time), and when he was beat by the Belichecks of the world, it was because they jamed up his short game. He did have great feet, quickness, and pocket awareness, of course.

Joe Montana was accurate all over the field. You either are not old enough to have seen him play or your simply talking out of your rear end. I don't understand the Belichecks comment.

I assume he is talking about Belichek's time as defensive coordinator of the NY Giants.

By the way, there was no justification for this tone. Next time we adjust your warning level.
Originally posted by kush:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
and he had to develop into a pocket passer before they won the superbowl, and that was 18 years ago.

Remember asking me to tell you the last QB like that who won a superbowl? It doesnt really matter how many years ago it was, the fact is there are and have been WAY MORE traditional QBs than players like Kaep, Newton and Young. I don't know if Kaep will ever pass like Steve Young, but it stands to reason he can develop (look at how much Alex has developed with experience). I do know that you can't ever learn the speed and explosion that thletic Qbs have.

John Elway

Lost 3 superbowls

Didn't win 2 until until he had Terrell Davis

His early career was Vick / Young / Kaep

Run and throw, but mostly run
Originally posted by English:
you are sooo wrong that u just seem like you are trolling now..you keep saying the same s**t with no substance....show us how on every throw he is inaccurate...in the texans game he was more accurate than not accurate......almost every throw? tell us all of these throws....or shut that trolling s**t.

Stating an opinion is not trolling. It may be right. It may be wrong. It may be something in between. But it is his opinion and as long as it expressed in a reasonable fashion and in the correct thread he has every right to state it.

so lets open the flood gates and have these supposed alex haters just constantly say that alex has looked horrible all preseason...that he looks scared in the pocket...that we'll be 0-16 over and over again...until we'll win on game and change our "opinion" each week.....its just an opinion right? even though there would be no backing up our opinion its ok...lets just ruin threads with opinions.......i'm asking him to back up his statements and if he can't stop spreading fud in threads. how can it be productive for the forum if he says one of our players is inacccurate almost all the time? when that is not true? that's like me saying trade gore, he fumbles almost all the time.....but i guess that is my opinion.
you know what, i fell for what he is trying to do.....i went over board on my part. i'll accept what ever needs to be done. sd, prove your point of view...which throws were inacccurate in the texans game? he played alot so you should have alot to choose from.

so lets open the flood gates and have these supposed alex haters just constantly say that alex has looked horrible all preseason...that he looks scared in the pocket...that we'll be 0-16 over and over again...until we'll win on game and change our "opinion" each week.....its just an opinion right? even though there would be no backing up our opinion its ok...lets just ruin threads with opinions.......i'm asking him to back up his statements and if he can't stop spreading fud in threads. how can it be productive for the forum if he says one of our players is inacccurate almost all the time? when that is not true? that's like me saying trade gore, he fumbles almost all the time.....but i guess that is my opinion.

All you have to do is watch the games to see he is inaccurate, stares down WR's and is an interception waiting to happen.
Kaepernick has shown supreme athletic skills but little quarterbacking skills. If Tolzien's and Kaepernick's draft positions were switched CK7 would have been released the moment Josh Johnson was signed.
You are 100% correct

CK7 is the most gifted QB on the team. And no Harbaugh would never hand the keys to someone undeserving. Never! CK7 the Future
All you have to do is watch the games to see he is inaccurate, stares down WR's and is an interception waiting to happen.

again which ones since there are so many...in fact you can go to the game log on nfl gamecenter at nfl.com and it'll show in text all his "inaccurate" completions and his "inaccurate" incompletions......just spend a few minutes and get back to us..
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 21, 2012 at 1:24 AM ]

Look, this is not difficult.

Telling him in your opinion he is wrong is fine.

Asking him to support his opinion with facts is fine.

Supporting your contrary opinion with facts is fine.

Telling him he is trolling because he has a different opinion to yours is NOT fine.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Kaepernick has shown supreme athletic skills but little quarterbacking skills. If Tolzien's and Kaepernick's draft positions were switched CK7 would have been released the moment Josh Johnson was signed.

He would be gone if we didn't pick him in the 2nd round and trade up for him. He shows absolutely nothing in the pocket. He's good athletically. That's it.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

He would be gone if we didn't pick him in the 2nd round and trade up for him. He shows absolutely nothing in the pocket. He's good athletically. That's it.

so are you going to point out all those inaccurate passes in that texans game? heck it just happened, i'm sure you can remember many of them off the top of your head......or like i said type in google search..... 49ers vs texans gamecenter 2012
Share 49ersWebzone