LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

POLL: Is Colin Kaepernick getting a free pass to No. 2?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

POLL: Is Colin Kaepernick getting a free pass to No. 2?

Originally posted by natrone06:
I think it's pretty clear coach doesn't work like that. The best players play period and that's one of the reasons the players love playing for him. This isn't the Nolan era where there could be any number of reasons a player played or did not.

This post says it all. the Zoners are not JH, they are not any coach, they are not in the FO, they play at this eval BS..JJ is gone --> AS - Kap - Blonde God, git used to it..
Originally posted by fropwns:
Why must we do this every off-season with the QB position? The Zone finds a guy. He becomes their guy, even though he really is garbage, but they believe he is being shafted in some manner (usually a political reason). This year its Tolzien. Last year, it was Kap. This is not a new development. This happened years ago with what's his name...Tim Rattay and Shaun Hill. Or even more recently with Cody Pickett. Where are these guys now? I'll tell you. They are not here and they are not starting for us. They are, were, and always will be garbage. Yes, they made it to the NFL. Good for them. But they were not good enough to get it done here.

Alex is our guy, Kap is the backup, and that's that.
Amen!

Originally posted by DirtyP:
No one has seen Tolzien throw against anything but third stringers yet it seems the majority of people here think they have a big enough sample size to declare him a better player than Kaepernick. I don't understand that at all. Harbaugh has stated nothing is given on this team. So far, Harbaugh has held true to everything he has said publically so why do so many hear assume differently in this case? 2nd round picks don't get enough guaranteed money in the new rookie pay scale to warrant a cemented spot on the depth chart. AJ Jenkins position on the depth chart alone should end this discussion.
This!
This thread is win.
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Joe Montana was not accurate at all on long throws (but he did have a wide open Jerry Rice much of the time), and when he was beat by the Belichecks of the world, it was because they jamed up his short game. He did have great feet, quickness, and pocket awareness, of course.

Joe Montana was accurate all over the field. You either are not old enough to have seen him play or your simply talking out of your rear end. I don't understand the Belichecks comment.
  • J49er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 16to87:
Kap looks and smells like #2 with flies on it, but it's only year two. Alex looked like crap for six. we need to be patient.

Still does at times
Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one, but the only one that matters is JH's. Until you prove yourself none of it really matters, anything we say is a matter of our egos, mine, yours, his hers, there's. We are all armchair QB's or coaches with nothing to lose. If our opinions are wrong, who will care and who will remember? JH will be, he may have an ego, but everyone that strives for the top has to have it to drive them to success and so far, from his time as a Raider assisstant, his evaluations have been good and his coaching of the players of what he has been given has been has been a success. So while I may have my opinions of players and plays, I believe JH will do what is needed and right. Right now it is CK at number two. I like Tolz, but if you are judging on just preseason-he didn't look so good against 3rd and 4 th stringers this week. Some of you may say, well he had to play with 3rd - 4th string talent, yet last week it didn't matter to these people. Seems like everyone wants the conventional and when something defies convention it behoves them. I believe JH is trying to convert CK like Walsh did Young, I for one can't wait to see if he can.
Kaep is only #2 because he was picked in the 2nd round. And we traded up for him. So there is a lot of capital built up with that. On his play he is clearly a #3 or #4 QB. I sure wouldn't want him going in if Alex got hurt. I'd take either of the 2 others for a regular season game. Kaep is more like a tall RB. Maybe an option guy or wildcat once in a while. I have no idea what we are going to do with him? But I really wish we had traded up for Andy Dalton instead.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Aug 21, 2012 at 12:20 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Kaep is only #2 because he was picked in the 2nd round. And we traded up for him. So there is a lot of capital built up with that. On his play he is clearly a #3 or #4 QB. I sure wouldn't want him going in if Alex got hurt. I'd take either of the 2 others for a regular season game. Kaep is more like a tall RB. Maybe an option guy or wildcat once in a while. I have no idea what we are going to do with him? But I really wish we had traded up for Andy Dalton instead.

I sure hope that Alex doesn't get hurt, but if JH did put him in as number two and he wins most of his games, you gonna have a cow cause the coaches don't don't do what you want?
Originally posted by WildBill:

I sure hope that Alex doesn't get hurt, but if JH did put him in as number two and he wins most of his games, you gonna have a cow cause the coaches don't don't do what you want?

I doubt he wins any games. He stares down his WR's, is inaccurate with almost every throw, throws late, reads the field badly, reads the field late for the play and is an interception return for a TD waiting to happen.

the more i watch the texans game the more i'm impressed with kaep's improvement...he really has had a pretty good preseason. he had a couple of completions that were nice accurate timed passes that were called back for penalties and he also went to his 3rd read [first time i've seen him do that] on a 2nd and 7 play...stayed in the pocket and lead cartwright with some space to possibly get a first down or make it a 3rd and short....but cart dropped it. i can actually understand the confused look that harbaugh had, when matt maicco was question his play.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
the more i watch the texans game the more i'm impressed with kaep's improvement...he really has had a pretty good preseason. he had a couple of completions that were nice accurate timed passes that were called back for penalties and he also went to his 3rd read [first time i've seen him do that] on a 2nd and 7 play...stayed in the pocket and lead cartwright with some space to possibly get a first down or make it a 3rd and short....but cart dropped it. i can actually understand the confused look that harbaugh had, when matt maicco was question his play.

Not sure what you are watching. He's looked awful all preseason other than a good run here or there.
Originally posted by WildBill:

I doubt he wins any games. He stares down his WR's, is inaccurate with almost every throw, throws late, reads the field badly, reads the field late for the play and is an interception return for a TD waiting to happen.

you are sooo wrong that u just seem like you are trolling now..you keep saying the same s**t with no substance....show us how on every throw he is inaccurate...in the texans game he was more accurate than not accurate......almost every throw? tell us all of these throws....or shut that trolling s**t.

Not sure what you are watching. He's looked awful all preseason other than a good run here or there.

So what do you think this year? 0 - 16 again?
you are sooo wrong that u just seem like you are trolling now..you keep saying the same s**t with no substance....show us how on every throw he is inaccurate...in the texans game he was more accurate than not accurate......almost every throw? tell us all of these throws....or shut that trolling s**t.

I've never seen a player criticized so much for a 78 yard touchdown run, and "almost" interceptions (which are not actually interceptions).
Share 49ersWebzone