There are 187 users in the forums

2012 Practice Squad thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Post your prediction of who you think will comprise the 8 man squad, and I guess this thread can be used to discuss PS players once said squad is formed

Slowey/Owusu/Palmer/Reuland/I. Williams/Michael Thomas/Bakhtiari or C. Johnson, who ever doesn't make the 53 and I guess Tolzien, obviously dependent on whether or not he beats out J. Johnson
Originally posted by niners420:
Post your prediction of who you think will comprise the 8 man squad, and I guess this thread can be used to discuss PS players once said squad is formed

Slowey/Owusu/Palmer/Reuland/I. Williams/Michael Thomas/Bakhtiari or C. Johnson, who ever doesn't make the 53 and I guess Tolzien, obviously dependent on whether or not he beats out J. Johnson

PS is such a crap shoot and they change guys more than we change our underwear. But anyways here is a shot in the dark.

1. Slowey or Beeler
2/3. Owusu/Palmer/Tyms (the 2 that make it past waivers)
4. Reuland if we go with 2 TEs
5.Michael Thomas
6. Corey Nelms
7. Derek Hall
8. QB? Josh Johnson wouldn't be eligible.

Bakhtiari isn't eligible I don't think. Cam Johnson could go to PUP.
It's tough. Waivers changes everything, we can easily lose one of these guys in a surprise claim.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
It's tough. Waivers changes everything, we can easily lose one of these guys in a surprise claim.

Ya, plus I guess we could always sign someone that another team cut too. But basically just from our guys, who appears to be worthy?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Ya, plus I guess we could always sign someone that another team cut too. But basically just from our guys, who appears to be worthy?

Tough choices

QB wise would be Tolzien

WR would be Owusu, Palmer and Tyms

TE would be Reuland

OL would be Hall, Slowey and Beeler

DL would be Ian Williams, possibly one of these 2, Jerod-Eddie and Masifilo

DB wise Michael Thomas, Cory Nelms

Bakhtiari doesn't have any PS eligibility left
  • fly15
  • Veteran
I hope is not Tolzien one of them
  • dj43
Originally posted by fly15:

He would not clear waivers.

Johnson will be released after the 4th PS game and Tolzien will be the 46th rostered play on game day.
Originally posted by dj43:

Johnson will be released after the 4th PS game and Tolzien will be the 46th rostered play on game day.

Yeah, unless Tolzien takes the next 3 games off, he's not going anywhere. -Seriously, that would be a Singletary/McCloughan type of move, otherwise.

you dont know that for sure, they both have only played one preseason game bro

After being in the Charger system for a short time and their lack of quality depth at QB, I believe, Tolzien would be snatched of the PS very quickly by the Chargers.

Sounds correct to me.
The OP was pretty clear, this is llike a mock draft, your PS predictions listed 1-8. I think I will get 5 out of 8,

1. Nathan Palmer WR
2. Koutnei Brown- OLB
3. Garret Celek- TE
4. Chris Owusu- WR
5. Tyms-WR/KR
6. Looney- Guard
7. Slowey-G/T
8. Masifilo- 3-4 DE
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for sfout.
Tolzien will get claimed by the Packers if we cut him. All offseason people have been criticizing Graham Harrell saying the Pack need a better backup QB and he did nothing to dispel those sentiments last night. No homerism, Tolzien would get snapped up in a minute if we waive him.

my guess would be

1. WR - Owusu / Tyms - Palmer is a camp darling and after one preseason game and the practices leading up to it seems to be faltering. Dark horse for WR spot on practice squad is Ben Hannula, former Harbaugh player, jack of all trades experience (WR, DB, even backup QB lmao)
2. LS/TE - Kyle Nelson - Everyone is forgetting the obvious with him, the coaches have blatantly said they are attempting to groom Nelson in the background as the successor to Brian Jennings
3. T - Derek Hall - experience in the system and a lack of great UDFA OL signings point to a return to the PS for him
4. DL - Tony Jerod-Eddie / Matt Mosifilo - I havent heard a lot about either of them but it'll come down to who simply performs better in the next few games.
5. LB - Joe Holland / Kourtnei Brown - One is ILB the other is OLB but you need to try and keep the player with the most talent. Holland would seem to be less of a priority because we have Willis and Bowman but I think Holland will get the nod.
6. CB - Cory Nelms - Being a versatile player will get Nelms on to the PS again, he's shown a lot of promise at both S and CB
7. S - Michael Thomas - If we opt to keep Colin Jones on the 53 man for his ST speed but I wouldnt be surprised one bit if Thomas beats Jones out for the 5th safety spot.

Only listing 7 key spots because I think we are going to double up at any of the WR, DL, or LB positions. With the release of Byham I believe we will be promoting Reuland to the 53 man roster and using Dobbs as an extra blocker TE.

*****MODS I'M NOT THE OP BUT MERGE THIS WITH THE OTHER PRACTICE SQUAD PREDICTION THREAD********
[ Edited by sfout on Aug 17, 2012 at 7:51 AM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
All the stanfurd rejects
Share 49ersWebzone