Tolzien will get claimed by the Packers if we cut him. All offseason people have been criticizing Graham Harrell saying the Pack need a better backup QB and he did nothing to dispel those sentiments last night. No homerism, Tolzien would get snapped up in a minute if we waive him.
my guess would be
1. WR - Owusu / Tyms
- Palmer is a camp darling and after one preseason game and the practices leading up to it seems to be faltering. Dark horse for WR spot on practice squad is Ben Hannula, former Harbaugh player, jack of all trades experience (WR, DB, even backup QB lmao)
2. LS/TE - Kyle Nelson
- Everyone is forgetting the obvious with him, the coaches have blatantly said they are attempting to groom Nelson in the background as the successor to Brian Jennings
3. T - Derek Hall
- experience in the system and a lack of great UDFA OL signings point to a return to the PS for him
4. DL - Tony Jerod-Eddie / Matt Mosifilo
- I havent heard a lot about either of them but it'll come down to who simply performs better in the next few games.
5. LB - Joe Holland / Kourtnei Brown
- One is ILB the other is OLB but you need to try and keep the player with the most talent. Holland would seem to be less of a priority because we have Willis and Bowman but I think Holland will get the nod.
6. CB - Cory Nelms
- Being a versatile player will get Nelms on to the PS again, he's shown a lot of promise at both S and CB
7. S - Michael Thomas
- If we opt to keep Colin Jones on the 53 man for his ST speed but I wouldnt be surprised one bit if Thomas beats Jones out for the 5th safety spot.
Only listing 7 key spots because I think we are going to double up at any of the WR, DL, or LB positions. With the release of Byham I believe we will be promoting Reuland to the 53 man roster and using Dobbs as an extra blocker TE.
*****MODS I'M NOT THE OP BUT MERGE THIS WITH THE OTHER PRACTICE SQUAD PREDICTION THREAD********
[ Edited by sfout on Aug 17, 2012 at 7:51 AM ]