There are 249 users in the forums

2012 Practice Squad thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erred:
This then add in Masiflo DE, played lights out last game

Everyone did... that was pure domination. They were getting rushed nearly every pass with that 2nd group. Did anyone keep an eye on him the rest of the games?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 31, 2012 at 9:24 PM ]
WR-Chris Owusu
TE-Konrad Reuland
ILB-Mike Wilhoite
S-Michael Thomas
OLB-Cam Johnson
C-Chase Beeler
OT-Mike Person
DE-Matthew Masiflo
Originally posted by 9erred:
This then add in Masiflo DE, played lights out last game

I was thinking him too, will be interesting tomorrow to see who gets signed.
Originally posted by jreff22:
WR-Chris Owusu
TE-Konrad Reuland
ILB-Mike Wilhoite
S-Michael Thomas
OLB-Cam Johnson
C-Chase Beeler
OT-Mike Person
DE-Matthew Masiflo

What a P-Squad, 5 Stanford Alums(Beeler, Reuland, Owusu, Masifilo and Thomas), a Virginia alum Pass Rusher(Johnson), kid from Washburn(Wilhoite) and a FCS OL.

On a serious note, would be a nice sqaud though. All seem needs for insurance, backup OT, swing OL, OLB, ILB, DB, DL, and WR and TE.
I am sure the seachickens are just salivating at getting to our possible practice squad players
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ubaisore:
I am sure the seachickens are just salivating at getting to our possible practice squad players

i could care less where they go,, they are all x niners to me now so they mean nothing to me now
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by jreff22:
WR-Chris Owusu
TE-Konrad Reuland
ILB-Mike Wilhoite
S-Michael Thomas
OLB-Cam Johnson
C-Chase Beeler
OT-Mike Person
DE-Matthew Masiflo

What a P-Squad, 5 Stanford Alums(Beeler, Reuland, Owusu, Masifilo and Thomas), a Virginia alum Pass Rusher(Johnson), kid from Washburn(Wilhoite) and a FCS OL.

On a serious note, would be a nice sqaud though. All seem needs for insurance, backup OT, swing OL, OLB, ILB, DB, DL, and WR and TE.

with 6 WR's on the 53 I cant see having 2 on the PS....keep Owusu for insurance in case 2 guys go down
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Nathan Palmer
Chris Owusu
Derek Hall
Konrad Reuland
Mike Wilhoite
Tony Jerod-Eddie
Michael Thomas
Cam Johnson
Jason Slowey
Al Netter
Chase Beeler
Mike Person

I think Reuland getting beaten out by an undrafted player after already having a year in the system is a good sign that the 49ers decided they're really not sold on him. If Celek ends up getting axed, they'd most likely try and get him on the practice squad.
I think they will get veratility from the following PS
DL- 1- Masiflo- With RJF and Sopoaga in contract year, DL a priority
OLB- 1-Cam Johnson- Needs to develop upper body strength
ILB-1-Mike Wilhoite
OT-1- Mike Person- Swing OT (Active roster only 8 OL, so need 2 on PS)
G/C- Chase Beeler- Beats out Slowey as the G/C versatile OL
Nathan Palmer Palmer beats out Owusu as sole WR on PS)
Safety- Michael Thomas
TE- Konrad Reuland- Only because Harbaugh loves TE's. If Reuland can keep improving, and Delany in his contract year, he could be on the roster in 2013.
They should have kept Owusu and sent Kyle Williams packing. I'm sorry, I just can't trust him after last year. I at least hope
they put Chris on the practice squad and nobody picks him up.
[ Edited by 1stnovaprime on Sep 1, 2012 at 6:37 AM ]

Originally posted by cciowa:
i could care less where they go,, they are all x niners to me now so they mean nothing to me now

I agree with that part...i was more talking about the love Seattle has for our cast offs
Nice that NaPalm made it to the PS. Owusu made it to the Chargers' PS. Good for them both.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think Reuland getting beaten out by an undrafted player after already having a year in the system is a good sign that the 49ers decided they're really not sold on him. If Celek ends up getting axed, they'd most likely try and get him on the practice squad.

That's a pretty good point.
Practice Squad is set:
WR Nathan Palmer
OL Al Netter
OL Kenny Wiggins
LB Michael Wilhoite
S Michael Thomas
OLB Cam Johnson
DL Matthew Masiflio
DL Tony Jerod-Eddie

Mike Person got claimed by Colts and Konrad Reuland got claimed by Jets.
Owusu signed with SD's PS so I assume that means we didn't want him back on our PS.
We also keep Jewel Hampton and Darius Fleming on top of our 53 man roster because they are on IR.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM ]
Hopefully we can hang onto Cam Johnson. Carrying 3 OLB's is the only thing I'm a little nervous about with our roster. I know we did it last season, but we got lucky we dodged some injuries.
Share 49ersWebzone