LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

2012 Practice Squad thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFrush:
Hopefully we can hang onto Cam Johnson. Carrying 3 OLB's is the only thing I'm a little nervous about with our roster. I know we did it last season, but we got lucky we dodged some injuries.

We always have Dobbs, who can fill in and maybe be effective in that role.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Hopefully we can hang onto Cam Johnson. Carrying 3 OLB's is the only thing I'm a little nervous about with our roster. I know we did it last season, but we got lucky we dodged some injuries.

we will, he has the sickle cell trait that every team overreacted about and then he is still not fully recovered from his surgery. I'm really excited to see what he can do, he is so similar to Aldon in body type and athleticism that I think he could have some serious potential in a year or 2.
So glad we kept Napalm... now we don't have to f- around with Brett Swain if injuries happen.

Also Fleener-ites, this is why we drafted AJ Jenkins. Ginn's already down... next man up!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter retweeted by Barrows
Arizona and SF each put in a waiver claim for former Dolphins LB Jamaal Westerman, who was awarded to Cardinals.

32 tackles, 3.5 sacks looks good but any claims we put in we are at the bottom of the totem pole. They go to the team with the worst record. Looks like we want to fill that OLB spot though.
Originally posted by 9erred:
I think they will get veratility from the following PS
DL- 1- Masiflo- With RJF and Sopoaga in contract year, DL a priority
OLB- 1-Cam Johnson- Needs to develop upper body strength
ILB-1-Mike Wilhoite
OT-1- Mike Person- Swing OT (Active roster only 8 OL, so need 2 on PS)
G/C- Chase Beeler- Beats out Slowey as the G/C versatile OL
Nathan Palmer Palmer beats out Owusu as sole WR on PS)
Safety- Michael Thomas
TE- Konrad Reuland- Only because Harbaugh loves TE's. If Reuland can keep improving, and Delany in his contract year, he could be on the roster in 2013.

I failed on my prediction, only got 5 of the 8. At least the other 3 I picked are still in the NFL in some capacity, Beeler with Eagles PS, Person and Reuland on active rosters.
Share 49ersWebzone