LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

2012 Practice Squad thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Tolzien will not last on our PS, some team will scoop him up right away
Originally posted by niners420:
Post your prediction of who you think will comprise the 8 man squad, and I guess this thread can be used to discuss PS players once said squad is formed

Slowey/Owusu/Palmer/Reuland/I. Williams/Michael Thomas/Bakhtiari or C. Johnson, who ever doesn't make the 53 and I guess Tolzien, obviously dependent on whether or not he beats out J. Johnson

Wow. That is a pretty damn talented PS. I could honestly see almost all of those guys making somebody else's 53 man roster. Bakhtiari isn't PS eligible. And I think Tolzien will make our #3 QB spot.

Ian Williams could easily get snatched up. He is probably the most "regular season" ready of the bunch. Hard to predict what will happen with the rest. It's a good bunch though. We would be very deep heading into the season if we can keep these guys.
Originally posted by tommyncal:
After being in the Charger system for a short time and their lack of quality depth at QB, I believe, Tolzien would be snatched of the PS very quickly by the Chargers.

Or the Packers, given Harrell's struggle.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Tolzien will not last on our PS, some team will scoop him up right away

same thing someone on SD's board said last year
1) Palmer
2) Tyms
3) Owusu
4) Slowey
5) Thomas/Nelms
6) Holland
7) Hall
8) Hannula
1) Hall
2) Tyms
3) Owusu
4) Slowey
5) Reuland
6) I.Williams
7) Jerod-Eddie
8) C.Johnson

For now...will probably pick up some T's b/c we are very thin there.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 17, 2012 at 3:03 PM ]
My guesses 1. WR Brian Tyms 2. WR Nathan Palmer 3. TE Konrad Reuland 4. C Jason Slowey 5. RG Derek Hall 6. OLB Cam Johnson (Would be Joe Holland if Haralson is actually cut) 7. FS Michael Thomas Can't decide on 8th, between a few, Chris Owusu, I doubt Tolzien passes waivers, and I think the team may keep Ian Williams, he is listed as 2nd string NT behind Sopoaga. It would be down to Owusu, Jerod-Eddie, Masifilo, Holland and a Purvis(CB #40)
tolzien will be our number 3, no way they put him on the PS, he looks way too promising. i hope they can stash owusu on there til our receiving corps thins out next year
My guesses are usually wrong! LOL! I pick guys I watched in college--Owusu types and then watch guys I've never heard of (Tyms?) beat them out for the PS. At least we now have guys other team might want!

Slowey has been doing well from what I've heard and Person not so much...so wonder if Person will be gone. Also disappointed hearing that Kilgore is having difficulty. The 9ers need someone who can anchor the line at Center if Goodwin goes down.
Is there a limit to the amount of receivers that can be kept on a practice squad? If not then I really hope we keep Palmer, Owusu, and Tyms.

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
My guesses are usually wrong! LOL! I pick guys I watched in college--Owusu types and then watch guys I've never heard of (Tyms?) beat them out for the PS. At least we now have guys other team might want!

Slowey has been doing well from what I've heard and Person not so much...so wonder if Person will be gone. Also disappointed hearing that Kilgore is having difficulty. The 9ers need someone who can anchor the line at Center if Goodwin goes down.

I believe they're working Looney out at center along with Slowey. I think soon enough both Looney and Slowey are going to be tremendous players.
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

I believe they're working Looney out at center along with Slowey. I think soon enough both Looney and Slowey are going to be tremendous players.

Looney showed some flashes to me so far and Slowey naturally looked a little overwhelmed but BOTH have a ton of upside! I'm curious what the team is going to do with Slowey...think Looney will be on the 53.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Looney showed some flashes to me so far and Slowey naturally looked a little overwhelmed but BOTH have a ton of upside! I'm curious what the team is going to do with Slowey...think Looney will be on the 53.

Looney was a 4th round pick this year, of course he won't be cut.
Originally posted by niners420:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Looney was a 4th round pick this year, of course he won't be cut.

Like Looney and don't believe he would be cut but not because he is a 4th round draft choice. Harbaugh and Baalke are able to admit mistakes, unlike many before them.
With looney we kept trading down and down, then when we felt he wouldn't last we traded up to get him, he should stay,
Share 49ersWebzone