There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

"Closest Quarterback to winning his first Superbowl"

The whole point these so called analysts make about our team is b******t.

Do I expect our defense to create turnovers at the rate they did last year. Heck no. That is hard to re-produce. (mind you, in 2009 we also created lots of turnovers so it is something our defense is good at). But that doesn't mean our defense isn't going to be elite. The way they talk is that our defense was only good cause they created turnovers and if they don't do that they will be average. That is a bull. We have an elite defense regardless of the turnovers. That was evident in the NFCC. If they want to make the point that we can't play that way for the whole year I would ask why? The Steelers and Ravens have played elite defense for years. No one questions whether they can continue to do it.

As for our offense, I also get the impression that analysts like Dukes seem to think our offense won't improve at all from last year simply because of Alex. Well, they are in for a shock this year.
Originally posted by NTeply49:
I personally want to deliver this guy his crow in 6 months. DIBS

He would just find every reason to give credit to everyone except Alex Smith if we do win the Super Bowl.
Keep hating. I'm glad. This is the same s**t they kept saying last off season. In fact, didn't LaCanfora and others claim we'd go 3-13 or some s**t?

• DJD
  • Veteran
Somehow some way niners are STILL flying under the radar with respect to the national media, Love it!!!

Do take note though that the poll results had Smith the clear leader at 22%.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by candlestick49er:
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Naturally us Niner fans hate Jamie Dukes because hes a niner hating a**-clown

Proof...

NFLN: "Which QB is closest to winning his first Super Bowl?"
Jamie Dukes: "Alex Smith is the furthest and I don't know if their defense can put up the numbers they did last year"

Wow. Instead of answering the question, he found a way to knock Alex & the Niners. Pathetic.

I would tell Jamie to suck a dick but by the looks of that fat ass he has eaten enough dick.

Did that douche even play football?
Despite a strong showing at Florida State, Dukes went undrafted in 1986. He began his career with the Atlanta Falcons playing for 8 seasons up to the end of 1993. He finished his career in Atlanta playing in 110 games for the Falcons. The following year, he then signed a 1-year deal with Green Bay and started 6 games for thePackers. In 1995, Dukes signed another 1-year contract, this time with the Arizona Cardinals. He had started 8 games that season. At the end of the year, Dukes retired, completing his career playing in 124 games

not sure exactly what year the conference realignment was but im sure he spent most of his career getting OWNED! by the niners.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Why does everyone think we were lucky last year? By saying that you are saying we aren't that good a team. Or is it your opinion that every team that wins the SuperBowl simply got lucky?

Luck is winning the coin toss.
I like how they showed all of Alex Smith's bad plays last year. God the media sucks. You could literally string together a video of all of Tom Brady's sacks and ints and make him out to be horrible
Dukes is a dick, but he's right. -Alex Smith's ceiling is what we saw last season (for better or for worse), we're the '00 Ravens, our defense and running game will be the reason we win a SB (if we do next season).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Dukes is a dick, but he's right. -Alex Smith's ceiling is what we saw last season (for better or for worse), we're the '00 Ravens, our defense and running game will be the reason we win a SB (if we do next season).

thats his cieling seriously?

no offseason with no continuitywith a depleted WR corps and you think thats his celing?

Oh really...can I haz your crystalz ball? Weren't you one of the ones that said that before last season?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Oh really...can I haz your crystalz ball? Weren't you one of the ones that said that before last season?

You guys should bet.
So what was everyone else's answer?

My top 3 would be Smith, Schaub, Vick.
Originally posted by strickac:
That 2 games versus 7 years. He averaged less than 200 yds/gm during the season. The label is valid.

He has some weapons now and he's comfortable on the offense. This is his year to prove what he's capable of. Theres no excuses anymore. We'll see how he does.

7 years? Really Looks to me like more like 5 why do i say 5? because you are going to count his year of being on IR a year he performed lousy? 2 season where in 1 he basically missed 1/2 a year because of injury yeah he came back....HURT...then he played under Singleturd where they had the other Smith as QB...

Now I also would like to add you know I will agree with you on year 1 he stunk BUT that was TOTALLY the fault of the team.... NO QB I mean NO QB would have helped that team... Maybe S Young cause he could run for his life...

And before you say Im just making excuses please show me where the excuse is... He actually under N Turner looked as if he could do something 1 td 11 Ints to 16tds and 16 ints is a big improvement.
[ Edited by SashRoxx-1 on Jun 20, 2012 at 4:58 PM ]

Pure Comedy.....Lets forget what he did in the post season and end of the regular season with scrubs.

Ill wager whatever internet wager you want that baring injury all three of these will happen...
1. His yards will increase
2. His TD's will increase
3. He will make the probowl.

You got nothing to lose if you believe what you just typed.
Oh what's this another Jamie Dukes trashes the 49ers list?

Shocking...the guy is a troll and an idiot. If he was supporting Alex then I'd be worried.