There are 217 users in the forums

"Closest Quarterback to winning his first Superbowl"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
don't understand why Dukes is such a hater

Alex stole his corn dogs
Jamie Derps

Originally posted by fly15:
Alex had the best chance to win the SB last year.... but KW had to f... it up, I dont think we can get lucky two yrs in a row

we were lucky? wtf
Originally posted by denali22:
Jamie Dukes is just a sorry excuse for an analyst. He always says its a QB driven league and then talks about the only "non stellar QB" to win a superbowl being trent dilfer. There were still great passing offenses at that time with Manning, Favre, Warner, Gannon, Culpepper and ..wait for it..Jeff Garcia! We have a defense very similar to that Ravens Defense that won the SB. Plus the ravens had nowhere NEAR the talent we have on Offense.

There were other ones too right? That QB for Tampa the year they won... no idea his name.

This guy overlooks how important the team is as a whole. Aaron Rodgers is on a pass happy team and is an elite QB but he could only win a superbowl when his defense played at a very high level. We saw what the Giants (and chiefs lol) did to them because they couldn't get it together on defense. So yeah even an elite QB on it's own isn't good enough usually.
Alex had the best chance to win the SB last year.... but KW had to f... it up, I dont think we can get lucky two yrs in a row

why? we are better than we were last year
What I love about the video is how the host actually sets-up Dukes knowing his hate for Alex Smith!! Dukes isn't even aware of it and thinks his comment of "What do you expect the Niner's are based in Silicon Valley," is a great comeback. It just blows my mind that the NFL Network would continue to allow this guy to comment about anyone or any team.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
At this point and time he has been a Alex hater for so long, and said so much negative about him, that his ego wont allow him to admit he was wrong. Much like many people on these boards, but he actually gets paid. Pathetic personal bias that he spews as truth. I just feel sorry for anyone that actually believes that he knows what he is talking about.

So you are saying the champion for some on this board is Jamie Dukes... and the champion for the rest of us is COTY Jim Harbaugh?

Hmmm.... I like.
[ Edited by oldman9er on Jun 20, 2012 at 6:10 AM ]
Also .. all this talk about needing an elite QB. Eli was not elite when he won his first. Alex's numbers were the same and better in some categories. Same goes for Big Ben.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL.....the game manager point is so mute at this point and time its not even funny. Dude BALLED OUT in the post season. Alex is not a prototypical game manager that everyone wants to make him out to be. Dilfer comparisons? please. I understand he was underwelming most of his career, but people not giving him alot of credit for the post season we had are either blind or dilusional.

seriously, 5 passing TD, one rushing. 500 something yards zero int..... What a game manger!

That 2 games versus 7 years. He averaged less than 200 yds/gm during the season. The label is valid.

He has some weapons now and he's comfortable on the offense. This is his year to prove what he's capable of. Theres no excuses anymore. We'll see how he does.

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Also .. all this talk about needing an elite QB. Eli was not elite when he won his first. Alex's numbers were the same and better in some categories. Same goes for Big Ben.

Same goes for Tom Brady also.. back in the 2001-2002 season.

Take a look at how unremarkable John Elway's production was in his SB years as well.
[ Edited by oldman9er on Jun 20, 2012 at 7:45 AM ]
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Jamie Derps

Lmao, what an idiot... Its getting harder and harder to believe that hes ACTUALLY an "NFL Expert" My goodness, the unprofessionalism and horse sh*t misguided bias that comes from his mouth is just downright upsetting. Its even more ridiculous that a lot of his fellow analysts poke fun at him for hating on the Niners so much because he is consistently wrong. But it works for us because haters like him helped fuel our team all season long as year, Cant wait to see the Niners do it all over again.
[ Edited by Kronos2560 on Jun 20, 2012 at 8:43 AM ]
Originally posted by 16to87:
LOL I misread closet qb

this lol
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Why does everyone think we were lucky last year? By saying that you are saying we aren't that good a team. Or is it your opinion that every team that wins the SuperBowl simply got lucky?

Thats what he's saying. He doesn't think we're good enough on offense to repeat that run. Its true, assuming the O doesn't improve. I for one think we added enough play makers to have a better offense.

I agree. I don't know how someone can't see they have more playmakers. WR corps is most definately improved. They are stacked up for competition for a roster spot in backup running backs (verdict still out there though). They have a full offseason to work together after a very succesful season. They have good coaching for a change, and good front office.

I agree with the fans here that it is a no brainer assumption their offense will improve.
Originally posted by candlestick49er:
Proof...

NFLN: "Which QB is closest to winning his first Super Bowl?"
Jamie Dukes: "Alex Smith is the furthest and I don't know if their defense can put up the numbers they did last year"

Wow. Instead of answering the question, he found a way to knock Alex & the Niners. Pathetic.

I personally want to deliver this guy his crow in 6 months. DIBS
Share 49ersWebzone