There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Indispensable

The Niners should be a bit deeper this year, than last. Last year, Willis was out for a bit and Gore was dinged again. We lost Morgan for the season and utility man, Walker, went down. Nothing seemed to be crippling.

Who are the guys that would deal us a knock out blow if they went down this year? I have to believe it's Justin Smith or VD. Any other candidates?
Alex Smith.

Hater or not, if he went down, so would our chances. Anyone who says Kap could come in with no substantial dropoff is completely fooling themselves.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Alex Smith.

Hater or not, if he went down, so would our chances. Anyone who says Kap could come in with no substantial dropoff is completely fooling themselves.

This is clearly an Opinion. Our efficiency would dip at first but lets be real, it wasn't our offense winning us games last year.

It's gotta be Justin and Aldon Smith IMO. They are so good at what they do and we rely on our defense soooo much. Without a good pass rush were back to a middle of the pack D and a likely 8-8 record.
Easy. David akers.
Originally posted by kush:
Alex Smith.

This is clearly an Opinion. Our efficiency would dip at first but lets be real, it wasn't our offense winning us games last year.

It's gotta be Justin and Aldon Smith IMO. They are so good at what they do and we rely on our defense soooo much. Without a good pass rush were back to a middle of the pack D and a likely 8-8 record.

Gee an opinion? Very astute observation.

When you're dealing in hypothetical scenarios, that's all there is. Go ahead and undervalue our QB. Hopefully we'll never find out either way.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Alex Smith.

When you're dealing in hypothetical scenarios, that's all there is. Go ahead and undervalue our QB. Hopefully we'll never find out either way.

You sure made it sound like a fact for an opinion, that's all I'm saying. And feel free to undervalue Kaep all you want...especially because you have 7 years of evidence showing what Kaep is capable of.
Put it this way: how many games do we win if say... Jose Cortez was the kicker instead of David Akers?
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Put it this way: how many games do we win if say... Jose Cortez was the kicker instead of David Akers?

19, and SB MVP!!!!!!!!!!!
Alex Smith.

You sure made it sound like a fact for an opinion, that's all I'm saying. And feel free to undervalue Kaep all you want...especially because you have 7 years of evidence showing what Kaep is capable of.

wow
94 he's the man, nuff said

52 as well as Grant played when Willis went out I still feel like Willis is irreplaceable. Grant played very well but I feel like his play plateaued the last two games and Bowman didn't look like his normal self.

Akers Lee and Ginn
A. Lee
B. Akers
1. Alex Smith
2. Justin Smith
3. Patrick Willis
4. Aldon Smith
5. Joshua Morgan...oh, wait...
[ Edited by dtg_9er on May 27, 2012 at 11:19 AM ]
The guy that would be the hardest to replace in the short term would be Alex Smith. That doesn't mean he is the best player, but the dropoff, or uncertainty behind him seems to be the greatest.

After Smith. I think Justin Smith would be tough to replace, so would Willis.
Alex Smith.

wow

Be careful playing along with hypothetical premise. Some people may not like your hypothetical answer. I found that out in the Alex Smith thread.

And really... this gives us a lot of confidence builder.
  • kush
  • Veteran
wow

Wow LMFAO

wow

Wow LMFAO

|
|
|