LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

ILB Larry Grant (RFA) to be tendered

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bowman will get an extension after the 2012 season. That keeps the best linebackers in the game next to each other for years.
Very Formiddable for offenses to overcome. Larry Grant will make some money somewhere. I wish we could use him more.
We should have put 3rd round tender on him. At least we get a better pick that the other team knows is worth it.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Bowman will get an extension after the 2012 season. That keeps the best linebackers in the game next to each other for years.
Very Formiddable for offenses to overcome. Larry Grant will make some money somewhere. I wish we could use him more.
We should have put 3rd round tender on him. At least we get a better pick that the other team knows is worth it.

I dont think we will able to afford to high priced ILB's. The niners are gonna have to make a hard choice between Pat and Bowman.
Originally posted by susweel:

I dont think we will able to afford to high priced ILB's. The niners are gonna have to make a hard choice between Pat and Bowman.

Well if you are looking at it from a business perspective, the Niners are holding the cards on Bowman. He is under contract for 2012, and he will be a RFA. They would definately slap a first or second round tender on Bowman at that point. The following year they could franchise tag Bowman, The following year they could franchise him again (at a cost of 20% mores.) So Bowman is a Niner until 2015 if he is teamed the franchise player. Baalke et all could use this as leverage and sign him to a crazy 8 year extension (like they did with Staley). Give guaranteed money, make the 2012 and 2013 cap numbers small, then escalate the salary up.

I think we will give Bowman an extension soon. Give him a 3 year $21-24 million extension, spread that across 5 years, include the 1 million he's making
the next 2 years, and it comes to around 5mil/year. Not bad for a all-pro, who plays 3 downs.

i have no worries that we will retain both bowman and patrick willis. Bowman knows he is a part of a great thing and we can keep him around with franchise tags for awhile

I haven't seen Bowman make one play nearly as amazing as some of the legendary plays Patrick has made. If he has, I would love to see them.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
f**king idiots a 7th rounder?

We can kiss Grant goodbye
you really want to over pay for a backup? he can be replaced with a mid round draft choice and or a vet free agent this summer. you would think you could give the front office a break with thier track record (spikes) and what they did last year

How is an extra 700,00 over paying??
Originally posted by 9erred:

Well if you are looking at it from a business perspective, the Niners are holding the cards on Bowman. He is under contract for 2012, and he will be a RFA. They would definately slap a first or second round tender on Bowman at that point. The following year they could franchise tag Bowman, The following year they could franchise him again (at a cost of 20% mores.) So Bowman is a Niner until 2015 if he is teamed the franchise player. Baalke et all could use this as leverage and sign him to a crazy 8 year extension (like they did with Staley). Give guaranteed money, make the 2012 and 2013 cap numbers small, then escalate the salary up.

Bowman is under contract thru 2013, then in 2014 offseason he is a UFA, so franchise tag will be option, then again in 2015 offseason. Then we will have a decision to make.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Bowman is under contract thru 2013, then in 2014 offseason he is a UFA, so franchise tag will be option, then again in 2015 offseason. Then we will have a decision to make.

Yeah, we will have him for at least 3 more years. 4 if you can still tag someone 2 years in a row... you could under the old cba can you under the new one?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I haven't seen Bowman make one play nearly as amazing as some of the legendary plays Patrick has made. If he has, I would love to see them.

bowman has that sick spin-a-rooni move when he rushes the passer!
[ Edited by schmons on Mar 10, 2012 at 8:35 PM ]

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Yeah, we will have him for at least 3 more years. 4 if you can still tag someone 2 years in a row... you could under the old cba can you under the new one?

yep, you can still. Would cost like 20% more, or 120% of his previous salary. Reason why Browns PK Phil Dawson gets more than normal tagged Kickers.
Originally posted by schmons:

bowman has that sick spin-a-rooni move when he rushes the passer!
I'm not saying he isn't a very good player, but I think he's a little over hyped on this board. I doubt he's as good as Demarco Ryan or the Beason. He only gets a lot of love because Willis is the focus. Again, I'd love to see the video of him making truley extrodinary plays.
I'm not saying he isn't a very good player, but I think he's a little over hyped on this board. I doubt he's as good as Demarco Ryan or the Beason. He only gets a lot of love because Willis is the focus. Again, I'd love to see the video of him making truley extrodinary plays.

Watch the eagles game and some of the plays he makes VS Vic and Shady in the open field. P-Willy is considered the best ILB in the league and a lot of the times its hard to distinguish between he and Bowman when they're making plays because they're so similar. Beason is a great LB and its obvious he meant a lot to the panthers D but I'd take "Big Game" Bowman over him any day.
Originally posted by KegBert:

Watch the eagles game and some of the plays he makes VS Vic and Shady in the open field. P-Willy is considered the best ILB in the league and a lot of the times its hard to distinguish between he and Bowman when they're making plays because they're so similar. Beason is a great LB and its obvious he meant a lot to the panthers D but I'd take "Big Game" Bowman over him any day.
I was looking for some highlight videos on Youtube, but couldn't find any........... .
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i think those who always look for awesome plays with silver and gold all over them are very short sighted. maybe they should look at all of the little things a player like he does, pursuit, tackle, take right angles, speed. i take those things over the so called extraordinary plays.i may be the only one but i do not look at a players worth by the number of you tube highlights he has
Share 49ersWebzone