LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

ILB Larry Grant (RFA) to be tendered

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/RFA-tender-on-the-way-for-Grant?blockID=665350&feedID=5936

All that remains now is deciding which tender he gets, but apparently it's been decided he WILL be tendered something. Hoping for the 2nd round tender because I'd like to assure having him around for next year.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 7, 2012 at 5:22 PM ]
mmmm tender
2nd round tender is what I am hoping for!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I will get the lower tender and will sign else where and we will get a 7th round pick.
700k different why not go ahead and make sure we get something decent from him.
give him a 2nd round tender, then i hope somebody signs him
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
give him a 2nd round tender, then i hope somebody signs him

This, I want the 2nd round pick.
that would be so awesome if we get a 2nd rd pick!!!! we would do real damage in the draft!!

but will teams believe he is worth a 2nd pick??? eagles? patriots? rams? tampa bay?
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
that would be so awesome if we get a 2nd rd pick!!!! we would do real damage in the draft!!

but will teams believe he is worth a 2nd pick??? eagles? patriots? rams? tampa bay?

I wouldn't be surprised if he got a look from the Eagles or Pats.
It would be pretty stupid not to give him the second round tender. We have the money.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

I wouldn't be surprised if he got a look from the Eagles or Pats.

I hope someone signs him too, not just for the pick. But he deserves a chance to start somewhere and we are stacked.
GREAT MOVE! I love it! A team like Philly could end up giving us their 2nd round pick for this guy. He played very well when he got the chance and I think we'll end up either getting something for him or keeping him and I'm fine w/that also. Question, if a team wants him but doesn't have or doesn't want 2 give us a 2nd rounder (if that is the tender he gets) can they negotiate a trade with us for something else?
Originally posted by matt49er:
GREAT MOVE! I love it! A team like Philly could end up giving us their 2nd round pick for this guy. He played very well when he got the chance and I think we'll end up either getting something for him or keeping him and I'm fine w/that also. Question, if a team wants him but doesn't have or doesn't want 2 give us a 2nd rounder (if that is the tender he gets) can they negotiate a trade with us for something else?

I believe this is possible. I think the Patriots did something like this with Wes Welker.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
It would be pretty stupid not to give him the second round tender. We have the money.

1 million percent agree. For 700,000 more you are getting a stud special team player and back up ILB to both Willis and Bowman. To sign him to a long term deal would be more than 2 million a year, so pay the 1.9 million. If another team signs him, match the offer if you think it is a fair offer, if not take the second round pick and be happy.

To tender him for a 7th round pick is worrisome. You would be then hoping to let other teams negotiate his value and then match it, but if you do not, getting only a 7th is like next to no compnesation at all.
Share 49ersWebzone