There are 817 users in the forums
The Clausen Propaganda Machine is Going Into Overdrive
Browse 49ers books and videos
Apr 20, 2010 at 1:58 PM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
I don't want Clausen, I hope this isn't true.
Apr 20, 2010 at 2:00 PM
- dman
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by mayo63:
I don't want Clausen, I hope this isn't true.
Same here but Im sure its all BS.
Apr 20, 2010 at 2:01 PM
- nickbradley
- Member
- Posts: 3,755
Originally posted by dman:Originally posted by mayo63:
I don't want Clausen, I hope this isn't true.
Same here but Im sure its all BS.
Sure is over-the-top then. NFLN is picking up on it now...
Apr 20, 2010 at 2:01 PM
- 49ers18
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,383
Originally posted by nickbradley:
The Clausen Propaganda Machine is Going into Overdrive
I'm sure you've all seen the Kawakami article posted this morning. In the piece, Kawakami says that not only should the 49ers take Clausen at 13, but that they should TRADE UP for him!
Either the 49ers are going overboard with their pre-draft deception, or they're damn serious about taking Clausen at #13 -- and this is an effort to get buy-in from the fans (or guage fan reaction) before making a decision.
Kawakami also made some good points, such as cashing in two mid-teens picks for a Top 10 and a 2nd rounder -- that makes sense to me.
But not for Clausen; if we trade up, it needs to be for an elite OT or Eric Berry...either of which makes pretty good sense. If we move up for Berry at #5, we give them both #1s and we get the #5 and the #50...or both #1s and our 3rd for the #5 and the #36 (that might make more sense to get an OT).
I am starting to think that the 49ers are serious about taking Clausen at 13, but I don't think that they're willing to trade up for him. Either that, or Baalke is a genius.
On Clausen, I do think that he is a very good prospect and I think that he will have a better career than Bradford (Clausen plays in a pro-style offense and has played under pressure), but I would still choose to go with Smith and take a QB in the deep deep 2011 class if Alex Fails.
IF we took Clausen at 13 or 17 (especially at 17), I would not be throwing things at the television (like I would with a Dan Williams pick).
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2010/04/20/jimmy-clausen-and-the-49ers-trade-up-get-a-qb-now-or-never/
Amen brotha

I wouldn't mind Clausen so much....i don't want to give both first rounders for him though. If we could get Clausen, Haden, and Ducasse i would be extatic.
And i agree...i will break my TV if we pick Dan Williams or Brian Price
Apr 20, 2010 at 2:01 PM
- DaDivaRecieva15
- Veteran
- Posts: 37,974
Say we actually draft Clausen, what will your reaction be?
Apr 20, 2010 at 2:02 PM
- sincalfaithful
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,712
i will headbutt my computer if we draft clausen
Apr 20, 2010 at 2:04 PM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
I don't know in second thought I guess I can live with Clausen at 13 and Davis at 17 since Alex is still such a question mark going foward. As long as we get Davis I'll be happy.
Apr 20, 2010 at 2:04 PM
- nickbradley
- Member
- Posts: 3,755
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Say we actually draft Clausen, what will your reaction be?
Depends on where we took him
Here are my possible reactions:
- If we traded up for him: angry
- If we took him at #13: content
- If we took him at #17: mildly excited
Apr 20, 2010 at 2:05 PM
- nickbradley
- Member
- Posts: 3,755
Originally posted by 49ers18:Originally posted by nickbradley:
The Clausen Propaganda Machine is Going into Overdrive
I'm sure you've all seen the Kawakami article posted this morning. In the piece, Kawakami says that not only should the 49ers take Clausen at 13, but that they should TRADE UP for him!
Either the 49ers are going overboard with their pre-draft deception, or they're damn serious about taking Clausen at #13 -- and this is an effort to get buy-in from the fans (or guage fan reaction) before making a decision.
Kawakami also made some good points, such as cashing in two mid-teens picks for a Top 10 and a 2nd rounder -- that makes sense to me.
But not for Clausen; if we trade up, it needs to be for an elite OT or Eric Berry...either of which makes pretty good sense. If we move up for Berry at #5, we give them both #1s and we get the #5 and the #50...or both #1s and our 3rd for the #5 and the #36 (that might make more sense to get an OT).
I am starting to think that the 49ers are serious about taking Clausen at 13, but I don't think that they're willing to trade up for him. Either that, or Baalke is a genius.
On Clausen, I do think that he is a very good prospect and I think that he will have a better career than Bradford (Clausen plays in a pro-style offense and has played under pressure), but I would still choose to go with Smith and take a QB in the deep deep 2011 class if Alex Fails.
IF we took Clausen at 13 or 17 (especially at 17), I would not be throwing things at the television (like I would with a Dan Williams pick).
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2010/04/20/jimmy-clausen-and-the-49ers-trade-up-get-a-qb-now-or-never/
Amen brotha
I wouldn't mind Clausen so much....i don't want to give both first rounders for him though. If we could get Clausen, Haden, and Ducasse i would be extatic.
And i agree...i will break my TV if we pick Dan Williams or Brian Price
IS Price even a 1st round pick?
Apr 20, 2010 at 2:05 PM
- LumpiaJeff
- Veteran
- Posts: 51,513
Originally posted by dman:Originally posted by mayo63:
I don't want Clausen, I hope this isn't true.
Same here but Im sure its all BS.
It's written by Kawakami, of course it's BS.
Apr 20, 2010 at 2:06 PM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
this is from Peter kings column today about who has the most pressure come draft day
4. Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame. I don't know where he's going -- he was a last-second change on my mock draft for SI (which will be on SI.com on Wednesday); I previously had him going No. 9, to Buffalo -- but wherever it is, he's going to have a lot to prove about his game on the field and off. Clausen has had to answer all the questions about not being a good leader and his teammates supposedly hating him and all that, and I like what Clausen told a team interested in a first-round quarterback when asked about this.
"Coach,'' Clausen said, "after a while, you hear so many bad things about yourself that you'd go crazy if you paid attention to any of them. So I just shut it out and played.'' The coach he told that to loved it, and it convinced him to be a Clausen buyer, perhaps, on draft day.
Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/20/mailbag/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz0lg1Bu68j
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
thats sounds like something Sing would get excited over
4. Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame. I don't know where he's going -- he was a last-second change on my mock draft for SI (which will be on SI.com on Wednesday); I previously had him going No. 9, to Buffalo -- but wherever it is, he's going to have a lot to prove about his game on the field and off. Clausen has had to answer all the questions about not being a good leader and his teammates supposedly hating him and all that, and I like what Clausen told a team interested in a first-round quarterback when asked about this.
"Coach,'' Clausen said, "after a while, you hear so many bad things about yourself that you'd go crazy if you paid attention to any of them. So I just shut it out and played.'' The coach he told that to loved it, and it convinced him to be a Clausen buyer, perhaps, on draft day.
Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/20/mailbag/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz0lg1Bu68j
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
thats sounds like something Sing would get excited over
Apr 20, 2010 at 2:06 PM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
Originally posted by nickbradley:Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Say we actually draft Clausen, what will your reaction be?
Depends on where we took him
Here are my possible reactions:
- If we traded up for him: angry
- If we took him at #13: content
- If we took him at #17: mildly excited
I agree, at 13 or 17 I'd be ok as long as we get the RT. If we end up trading up I'd be very pissed.
Apr 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM
- WillistheWall
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,848
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Say we actually draft Clausen, what will your reaction be?
Jed can go f**k himself and I'll miss drunk ass Scotty Mac as GM.
Apr 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM
- nickbradley
- Member
- Posts: 3,755
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
i will headbutt my computer if we draft clausen
Why do you hate Clausen? Is it because of on-the-field performance, or hist Cutler-esque, metrosexual dickishness?