LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

The Clausen Propaganda Machine is Going Into Overdrive

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Say we actually draft Clausen, what will your reaction be?

Depends on where we took him

Here are my possible reactions:

- If we traded up for him: angry

- If we took him at #13: content

- If we took him at #17: mildly excited

Question; Would you have been "angry" if they would have moved up to grap Sanchez at #5?
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Question; Would you have been "angry" if they would have moved up to grap Sanchez at #5?

Sanchez f**kin sucks dude. He had 20 INTs and only 2400 yards behind maybe the best OLine in the NFL, with 2 good RBs, and 2 former pro bowlers at wide out, and a 1st/2nd round TE. I'm sure he'll get better but I didn't want him and the jets made the playoffs inspite of him rather than because of him.
Originally posted by valrod33:
this is from Peter kings column today about who has the most pressure come draft day

4. Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame. I don't know where he's going -- he was a last-second change on my mock draft for SI (which will be on SI.com on Wednesday); I previously had him going No. 9, to Buffalo -- but wherever it is, he's going to have a lot to prove about his game on the field and off. Clausen has had to answer all the questions about not being a good leader and his teammates supposedly hating him and all that, and I like what Clausen told a team interested in a first-round quarterback when asked about this.

"Coach,'' Clausen said, "after a while, you hear so many bad things about yourself that you'd go crazy if you paid attention to any of them. So I just shut it out and played.'' The coach he told that to loved it, and it convinced him to be a Clausen buyer, perhaps, on draft day.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/20/mailbag/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz0lg1Bu68j
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

thats sounds like something Sing would get excited over

Good article; I thought the next section down was interesting -- I think Seattle takes Clausen in a hearbeat at #14. As a result, I don't think we'll pass on him at 13 -- if we truly do want him.

My reactions:
- if we traded up: disappointed
- at 13: same reaction I had when Crabtree, Willis, and Vernon's names were called
- at 17: relieved
They say, sometimes the best moves are the ones you DON'T make. The smart move would be to sit tight, grab two impact players at #13 and #17 and continue to build this team into a SB contender. To gamble again on a 1st round QB that many experts aren't completely sold on would just be repeating the Alex Smith mistake. This team is not in rebuilding mode anymore where we have 2-3 years to wait for a rookie QB to possibly develop...we're in the hunt for a division title and playoff spot THIS YEAR. We're on the cusp of returning this franchise to prominence, and people are talking about gambling with a 1st round QB?

Unbelievable.

Over the last few years, teams like Chicago, Washington, Houston and KC have been able to make upgrades to their QB position by trading for proven veterans...we can do the same if we're willing to be shrewd about it.

Question is, how shrewd is our front office? Are they really willing to go down that high draft pick rookie QB path again, given how close this team is?

Last year? If we moved up, yes -- very upset. We probably wouldn't even have a 1st round pick this year (the Jets send their #17, their 2nd rounder, two starters on defense, and a backup QB).

But if we took him at #10 last year -- if he fell -- I would have been 'mildly excited'.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
i will headbutt my computer if we draft clausen

Why do you hate Clausen? Is it because of on-the-field performance, or hist Cutler-esque, metrosexual dickishness?

this..plus i just don't think that the qb's in this draft are franchise qb's with the exception of bradford and maybe mccoy..IMO if alex doesn't have a solid 2010 season then we should draft locker next year..just my 2 cents worth
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Sanchez f**kin sucks dude. He had 20 INTs and only 2400 yards behind maybe the best OLine in the NFL, with 2 good RBs, and 2 former pro bowlers at wide out, and a 1st/2nd round TE. I'm sure he'll get better but I didn't want him and the jets made the playoffs inspite of him rather than because of him.

Flashes of brilliance last year -- as he matures he will be an all-pro, IMHO.
I wish their was a way we as fans could contact management & the owners so they could hear us out as fans & tell them "WE DONT WANT CLAUSEN" he is not worth trading up for he's not the next Manning nor Montana.

i really really hope this is just plain ol smoke screen's we are seeing
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I wish their was a way we as fans could contact management & the owners so they could hear us out as fans & tell them "WE DONT WANT CLAUSEN" he is not worth trading up for he's not the next Manning nor Montana.

i really really hope this is just plain ol smoke screen's we are seeing

I wish they read the webzone. f**kin terrible idea to trade up for Clausen, TERRIBLE.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Flashes of brilliance last year -- as he matures he will be an all-pro, IMHO.

I highly doubt it. He might be good but never will be a top 2 QB in the NFL. If I'd make that prediction about anyone it'd be Joe Flacco.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
They say, sometimes the best moves are the ones you DON'T make. The smart move would be to sit tight, grab two impact players at #13 and #17 and continue to build this team into a SB contender. To gamble again on a 1st round QB that many experts aren't completely sold on would just be repeating the Alex Smith mistake. This team is not in rebuilding mode anymore where we have 2-3 years to wait for a rookie QB to possibly develop...we're in the hunt for a division title and playoff spot THIS YEAR. We're on the cusp of returning this franchise to prominence, and people are talking about gambling with a 1st round QB?

Unbelievable.

Over the last few years, teams like Chicago, Washington, Houston and KC have been able to make upgrades to their QB position by trading for proven veterans...we can do the same if we're willing to be shrewd about it.

Question is, how shrewd is our front office? Are they really willing to go down that high draft pick rookie QB path again, given how close this team is?

I'm more worried about ending up with a Phillip Rivers - Drew Brees scenario...giving up on a young QB one year too early.

I would do this to our management!!!

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah I agree the Clausen machine is in overdrive. I do want the niners to draft him however I dont want to trade both picks to get him. I also think the niners wont do it.
Share 49ersWebzone