There are 235 users in the forums

The Clausen Propaganda Machine is Going Into Overdrive

Pete:

Your claims are outlandish and cry out for rebuttal:

Claim #1: Rarely does Alex hit a receiver in the numbers.
Response: Even the best QBs rarely hit their receivers in the numbers, usually by design. They intentionally throw low/wide to keep the pass away from the defender.

Claim #2: Alex does not step into his passes.
Response: Simply not true, although there are times he cannot because he is about to be decked by a defender.

Claim #3: Alex has limited vision.
Response: What evidence?

Claim #4: He is not a great leader.
Response: While it may have been true his first and second years, when he played under the tyrannical thumb of Nolan, he now shows far more maturity, confidence and leadership. I am surprised you do not see it.

Claim #5: He is quick to bail out of pocket.
Response: You would too if an untouched DE, DT or LB was bearing down on you like a heat-seeking missile.

Please be a little more fair in your criticisms.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Say we actually draft Clausen, what will your reaction be?

Depends on where we took him

Here are my possible reactions:

- If we traded up for him: angry

- If we took him at #13: content

- If we took him at #17: mildly excited

same here
Originally posted by excelsior:
Pete:

Response: Even the best QBs rarely hit their receivers in the numbers, usually by design. They intentionally throw low/wide to keep the pass away from the defender.

Response: Simply not true, although there are times he cannot because he is about to be decked by a defender.

Response: While it may have been true his first and second years, when he played under the tyrannical thumb of Nolan, he now shows far more maturity, confidence and leadership. I am surprised you do not see it.

Response: You would too if an untouched DE, DT or LB was bearing down on you like a heat-seeking missile.

tyrannical thumb?

sheesh what a tyrant
The Clausen Propaganda Machine is Going into Overdrive

Funniest title on the zone in a loooong time. Well done.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

i think its stupid to take a QB in first round when he wont even see the field this year especially when we dont have a dominant pass rush or secondary and our o line is one of the worst inn league

if alex fails get a qb next year

really its a no brainer and claussen isnt even that great of a prospect

I would have agreed with you a week ago but we picked up LaBoy so I don't see us grabbing another passrusher first round. We can address the o line and secondary with our other #1 and 2nd rounder. We're in the weakest division in the NFL. Good chance Alex does enough to get us to the playoffs and knocked out first round = Bad QB draft position next year. Am I wrong?
walterfootball think that drafting jimmy clausen by the niners could really happen...what would you do if clausen should fall to us?
i would try to trade down...i think that the vikings would want him.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by excelsior:
Pete:

tyrannical thumb?

sheesh what a tyrant

that never gets old

Nolan lol

Singletary would have put Davis in a sleeper hold

go to sleep

go to sleeeeeeeep
in my dream scenario, the highly rated QB from Notre Dame would somehow last til the 3rd round where we get to draft him and leads us to Superbowl wins and is MVP in most of them...
[ Edited by 49erinManila on Apr 22, 2010 at 7:39 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone