There are 211 users in the forums

Will Konrad Reuland make the roster ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I really like this kid to make the roster as our # 3 TE...he has great hands and also good size to be a blocking TE, Harbaugh refers to him as "Novacek" because he never drops a pass ...I'd like to see him get a couple snaps with the first unit, he looks solid and could be a real steal and give us another weapon in the passing game in Harbaughs three TE packages
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I really like this kid to make the roster as our # 3 TE...he has great hands and also good size to be a blocking TE, Harbaugh refers to him as "Novacek" because he never drops a pass ...I'd like to see him get a couple snaps with the first unit, he looks solid and could be a real steal and give us another weapon in the passing game in Harbaughs three TE packages

Yes, I think he will be our # 3 TE for the 53 man roster. Looks pretty good, but his run blocking needs work.
Hope so, he looks very comfortable in Harbaugh's offense.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Yes, I think he will be our # 3 TE for the 53 man roster. Looks pretty good, but his run blocking needs work.

Thats what I think, I really think he could have a great rookie season and be groomed as our starting TE for the future, glad Harbaugh brought him over from Stanford, and at 6-4 260 he could be a force on the edge as a blocking TE

Yeah, Harbaugh specifically said that he needed to get stronger (and possibly add 10 pounds)

Thats what I think, I really think he could have a great rookie season and be groomed as our starting TE for the future, glad Harbaugh brought him over from Stanford, and at 6-4 260 he could be a force on the edge as a blocking TE

I hope we don't focus our tight ends on run-blocking anymore. I hope he can come in when Vernon or Delanie rest and we have very little drop-off in our passing game. So far, they say he catches everything. He hasn't dropped a ball all TC yet.
Yeah, I think he does...
I'm assuming we're keeping three. Cloherty just got released, so it's between Reuland and Lawrie . . . the safe money is on Reuland.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Yep. Can't see how he doesn't.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Yeah, Harbaugh specifically said that he needed to get stronger (and possibly add 10 pounds)

Yeah, I am sure he does... but as I remember, he wasn't get overpowered so much as picking up the wrong defender or not blocking till the whistle.

I'll correct this if I see more that contradicts the memory.

( not knocking him much... he's already a solid option for the 53 )

We can use his skillset.
Yes. TE #3 and will see some playing time as well.

Harbaugh and Roman LOVE TEs. Don't be surprised to see three TE, 1 WR sets on occasion....and the Niners THROW the ball.
Yeah I hope we keep him. Could be an Eric Johnson type of player. Players like this are good to have, especially on special teams.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Yes. TE #3 and will see some playing time as well.

Harbaugh and Roman LOVE TEs. Don't be surprised to see three TE, 1 WR sets on occasion....and the Niners THROW the ball.

3 TE 1 WR will be a complete mismatch. The defense will be forced to go big and no way LB's cover Davis and Walker. If they want to go with DB's on Davis and Walker, then we run the ball behind those two because they will be clearing those DB's out of the way for an easy 3-5 yard run play.
Has been solid in camp and the preseason games. will make it as the 3rd TE
Share 49ersWebzone