LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Will Konrad Reuland make the roster ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Simple, yes. He still needs to gain weight and learn to block better, luckily Vernon can help with that. How can we not use a guy with sure hands, especially with our QBs on the roster, a TE with great hands is one of the best things you can have.

Konrad Reuland, Kyle Williams, Demarcus Dobbs, and Bruce Miller are all my favorites of backups trying to make the team.(Bruce I think might get the starting spot, I hope actually) I love these types of players and it is nice to see our Coach and GM find these types of guys(I know K W is from last year) but these types of players are special to a team, good teams, winning teams, Dynasties...
I hope so
Coach Harbaugh said that Reuland doesn't drop anything. I believe him and will bet anything he makes the 53, but moreso, ends up starting. As noted, still needs a bit more heft, and blocking has to improve in the pros, but as far as catching the ball, the guy has glue on his hands.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Now that Byham is out, I think so.
This kid makes a great target and I had to search out his number and find out who he was cause he caught everything that day at TC whether they were thrown high , low , or behind and he has continued that trend. With Harbaugh's and Roman's penchant towards TE's , this kid makes it as our 3rd TE. We are gonna have the best TE group in the NFL. IMVHO
[ Edited by 49ERGUY on Aug 24, 2011 at 9:33 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah he's JH's boy.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Coach Harbaugh said that Reuland doesn't drop anything. I believe him and will bet anything he makes the 53, but moreso, ends up starting. As noted, still needs a bit more heft, and blocking has to improve in the pros, but as far as catching the ball, the guy has glue on his hands.

lol, he's going to start?
Maybe not now Hessian, but I can see it in the near future. At the very least he will kick Craps in the rear, if for nothing else, competition for starting. This may be a very singular opinion, but Craps gives me the impression he is just mailing it in...when he plays that is. Between holdout, injury, and whatever else , craps has been a big disappointment , interspersed with fantastic catches. That doesn't cut it with me, and i bet JH feels the same way. reuland looks steady and I bet he is starting before yr is over. I cannot imagine him getting cut.
Maybe not now Hessian, but I can see it in the near future. At the very least he will kick Craps in the rear, if for nothing else, competition for starting. This may be a very singular opinion, but Craps gives me the impression he is just mailing it in...when he plays that is. Between holdout, injury, and whatever else , craps has been a big disappointment , interspersed with fantastic catches. That doesn't cut it with me, and i bet JH feels the same way. reuland looks steady and I bet he is starting before yr is over. I cannot imagine him getting cut.

you know he is a tight end, right?
Originally posted by HessianDud:

you know he is a tight end, right?

lol

Why are some of guys saying he needs to get bigger-he is listed at 6-4 and 260 lbs, he is bigger than Walker -242 and Davis- 250 in height and weight. Nate Bynham is only 4 lbs heavier! With that said, he could stand to get stronger and like any rookie, work on his endurance for a 16 game season He is familiar with the offense and the only things he needs to used to is the speed of the game and recognizing the defensive schemes so that he can adjust on who he needs to block or where the soft spots are going to be. Yes he will make the team cause he is familiar with the Offense and he has good hands. He is one of those guys that got overlooked and will continue to get overlooked or shall I say underestimated because of VD.

The thing about a three TE formation that I like that the previous O cordinators have not had the imagination for is that you use this as power running at its best with one of the TE taking on the role of FB or H-back if you will and running over the other team. Then if they stack the line-Vernon is fast as a WR and Walker was a former WR before becoming a TE and along with Edwards make for some good targets along with Konrad. Plus the opposition won't know who is staying in to block and who is going out-thus freezing one of the pass defenders.
Reuland has all the advantages and can be a help to the other players in understanding the offense quickly. Being both a good player and an extension of the coaches, probably makes him the favorite. As the the team transitions to Bill's offense, players like him that have memorized the entire playbook, can be of great assistance.
Yes 3rd TE.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Yes. TE #3 and will see some playing time as well.

Harbaugh and Roman LOVE TEs. Don't be surprised to see three TE, 1 WR sets on occasion....and the Niners THROW the ball.

3 TE 1 WR will be a complete mismatch. The defense will be forced to go big and no way LB's cover Davis and Walker. If they want to go with DB's on Davis and Walker, then we run the ball behind those two because they will be clearing those DB's out of the way for an easy 3-5 yard run play.

You guys are giving me a boner just thinking about this
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Yes. TE #3 and will see some playing time as well.

Harbaugh and Roman LOVE TEs. Don't be surprised to see three TE, 1 WR sets on occasion....and the Niners THROW the ball.

3 TE 1 WR will be a complete mismatch. The defense will be forced to go big and no way LB's cover Davis and Walker. If they want to go with DB's on Davis and Walker, then we run the ball behind those two because they will be clearing those DB's out of the way for an easy 3-5 yard run play.

You guys are giving me a boner just thinking about this

This would be good to see. Heck, I was a big fan of the 2 TE sets that we rarely saw.
Share 49ersWebzone