There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Demarcus Dobbs

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Has to be the Preseason Defensive MVP. Definitely a must on the 53 man roster. He showed much more than Demetric Evans ever did, we gotta get this guy a number in the 90's.
This guy is awesome against second stringers.

Absolute beast.

Did you see him carry that OL 10 yards twice?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by hofer36:
seeing dobbs make plays in each of the preseason game makes me wonder why he didnt establish himself as a draftableplayer with georgia...Can anyone explain that?

See post on previous page:

Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
He wasn't this good at Georgia was he? Hard to believe this guy didn't put up better numbers there.

He was stuck behind a lot of guys that were extremely athletic freaks, but didn't have as much else after that. Dobbs has talent, but he's got a lot of smarts. He was just playing behind the following for a while:

Drafted in 2011
DE Justin Houston, 6-3 270 4.62, 30 reps of 225

Drafted in 2010
DT Geno Atkins, 6-1 293 4.75, 34 reps of 225
DT Jeff Owens, 6-1 304 4.97, 44 reps of 225
DT Kade Weston, 6-5 316 4.97, 21 reps of 225

Drafted in 2009
DT Corvey Irvin, 6-3 301 4.96, 24 reps of 225
DE Jarius Wynn, 6-3 275 4.94, 21 reps of 225

As you can see -- all freakish height/weight/speed/strength guys.

Dobbs never really was given a chance.

God dam Jeff Owens 44 reps!!
Jeff shattered it.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Has to be the Preseason Defensive MVP. Definitely a must on the 53 man roster. He showed much more than Demetric Evans ever did, we gotta get this guy a number in the 90's.

92 is available. I think it would look good on him.
[ Edited by 49ersRednGold on Sep 1, 2011 at 11:59 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
92 is available. I think it would look good on him.

Make a statement.......97

[Scared]
I haven't seen a preseason game yet. I'm excited to witness the hype.
The guy is an absolute destroyer. I'd say not only 53 man roster but I would put him in the rotation sometimes when somebody needs a rest. I honestly don't think he would embarrass himself. He just has a feel for the game and tremendous size. He seems to have great instincts and power.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 2, 2011 at 4:31 AM ]
Did he do anything last night? I haven't watched the game and didn't see him on the stat sheet.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Did he do anything last night? I haven't watched the game and didn't see him on the stat sheet.

He was shoving guys into the backfield all night long, opening holes for Aldon to get to the qb, he looked very good, like first de off the bench good.
He has looked really good. At this point he has gone from a sure fire practice squad guy to a guy who would make the team to a guy who will make the team and probably dress on Sunday's and be in the D-Line rotation. He could end up being our starting LDE next year with the way he is playing and progressing.

More kudos to Jim Tomsula our D-Line coach. Man he develops guys, even guys who were not highly drafted or in Dobbs case, not drafted at all!
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
He has looked really good. At this point he has gone from a sure fire practice squad guy to a guy who would make the team to a guy who will make the team and probably dress on Sunday's and be in the D-Line rotation. He could end up being our starting LDE next year with the way he is playing and progressing.

More kudos to Jim Tomsula our D-Line coach. Man he develops guys, even guys who were not highly drafted or in Dobbs case, not drafted at all!

He's looking like the best substitute for either Smith or Raymac. The guy has solidified a spot in the rotation imo.
Seriously, he has been VERY impressive...he's huge, can bull rush while keeping his eyes onnthe QB, moves guys right back into the QB, pushes upfield which helps eliminate runs off tackle, provides consistent pressure, sacks, makes plays...seriously, he needs to be in the rotation! Amazing find.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Seriously, he has been VERY impressive...he's huge, can bull rush while keeping his eyes onnthe QB, moves guys right back into the QB, pushes upfield which helps eliminate runs off tackle, provides consistent pressure, sacks, makes plays...seriously, he needs to be in the rotation! Amazing find.

And seems to work really well with Aldon. It would be nice to see a lot of stunting with this group.
^^^ Excellent point!
All I can say is, #78 has some serious ability to push the man in front of him back....way back!