There are 180 users in the forums

Demarcus Dobbs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
he made the team and may save us from having to draft a DE next year, should be fun to watch him in the rotation
looks like a great find!
Tonight put him over! Has played well in every game and he would be gone if they try to hide him.
He'd start for a lot of teams in the league.
Originally posted by Evilgenius:

I wouldn't go that far
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
He wasn't this good at Georgia was he? Hard to believe this guy didn't put up better numbers there.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I wouldn't go that far

I sure would. There are a lot of teams desperate for help on the d-line. 6'6, 285lbs, 4.8 40 yard dash, long ass arms and he can clearly play. This guy came out of the SEC too. I have no idea how he wasn't drafted. And yes, he was productive at Georgia.
[ Edited by Evilgenius on Sep 1, 2011 at 10:00 PM ]

I wouldn't go that far

I sure would. There are a lot of teams desperate for help on the d-line. 6'6, 285lbs, 4.8 40 yard dash, long ass arms and he can clearly play. This guy came out of the SEC too. I have no idea how he wasn't drafted.

he's beating up backups, he will need time to adjust to starters and work on technique
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

I wouldn't go that far

I sure would. There are a lot of teams desperate for help on the d-line. 6'6, 285lbs, 4.8 40 yard dash, long ass arms and he can clearly play. This guy came out of the SEC too. I have no idea how he wasn't drafted. And yes, he was productive at Georgia.

Props to Baalke on signing this guy, great story too.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
He wasn't this good at Georgia was he? Hard to believe this guy didn't put up better numbers there.

He was stuck behind a lot of guys that were extremely athletic freaks, but didn't have as much else after that. Dobbs has talent, but he's got a lot of smarts. He was just playing behind the following for a while:

Drafted in 2011
DE Justin Houston, 6-3 270 4.62, 30 reps of 225

Drafted in 2010
DT Geno Atkins, 6-1 293 4.75, 34 reps of 225
DT Jeff Owens, 6-1 304 4.97, 44 reps of 225
DT Kade Weston, 6-5 316 4.97, 21 reps of 225

Drafted in 2009
DT Corvey Irvin, 6-3 301 4.96, 24 reps of 225
DE Jarius Wynn, 6-3 275 4.94, 21 reps of 225

As you can see -- all freakish height/weight/speed/strength guys.

Dobbs never really was given a chance.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 1, 2011 at 10:09 PM ]

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by jimrat201:

He was stuck behind a lot of guys that were extremely athletic freaks, but didn't have as much else after that. Dobbs has talent, but he's got a lot of smarts. He was just playing behind the following for a while:

Drafted in 2011
DE Justin Houston, 6-3 270 4.62, 30 reps of 225

Drafted in 2010
DT Geno Atkins, 6-1 293 4.75, 34 reps of 225
DT Jeff Owens, 6-1 304 4.97, 44 reps of 225
DT Kade Weston, 6-5 316 4.97, 21 reps of 225

Drafted in 2009
DT Corvey Irvin, 6-3 301 4.96, 24 reps of 225
DE Jarius Wynn, 6-3 275 4.94, 21 reps of 225

As you can see -- all freakish height/weight/speed/strength guys.

Dobbs never really was given a chance.

God dam Jeff Owens 44 reps!!
Originally posted by PTulini:
Dobbs has showed up consistently every week.

MaioccoCSN: Demarcus Dobbs is listed at 6-6, 275. He's actually 6-3, 285. He's done everything asked of him. He'll make 49ers as an undrafted rookie.

He makes the team and will have an opportunity to learn and bulk up. Not sure how much of a contribution he will make this season, but he shows a lot of promise.
I feel pretty confident suggesting he's our top rotational guy at this point on the line, but that's just me. I think he makes a nice impact.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Dobbs has showed up consistently every week.

MaioccoCSN: Demarcus Dobbs is listed at 6-6, 275. He's actually 6-3, 285. He's done everything asked of him. He'll make 49ers as an undrafted rookie.

He makes the team and will have an opportunity to learn and bulk up. Not sure how much of a contribution he will make this season, but he shows a lot of promise.

He's not a starter right now, but he's a good rotational guy. Dobbs is a perfect project for Jim Tomsula to develop.
[ Edited by PTulini on Sep 1, 2011 at 10:49 PM ]
He makes the 53, but will not suit up on game days ala boone last year. Given another year of bulk and improved technique... it'll be interesting to see where his ceiling turns out to be.
Share 49ersWebzone