There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Win this game and we'll shut a lot of people up. I need something from Alex this week!

Like beating potential playoff teams like the Bengals, Eagles, Bucs, and Lions hasn't shut enough people up yet?

It shut some people up, not all of them. I see where you are coming from that this game really will be a statement game against a proven opponent.
Here's what happens if the Niners do end up winning: The Giants were overachievers especially with all the injuries they had to endure. They were coming off an emotional win against the Patriots at Foxboro and had a letdown, especially after having to make that long trip out west. Eli is Eli and was bound to have a game like this. This win showed very little for the Niners, and their 8-1 record is deceiving since they play in the weak NFC West. signed, Merril Hodge, Tony Dungy, Deion Sanders...
Originally posted by samoan49er:
Here's what happens if the Niners do end up winning: The Giants were overachievers especially with all the injuries they had to endure. They were coming off an emotional win against the Patriots at Foxboro and had a letdown, especially after having to make that long trip out west. Eli is Eli and was bound to have a game like this. This win showed very little for the Niners, and their 8-1 record is deceiving since they play in the weak NFC West. signed, Merril Hodge, Tony Dungy, Deion Sanders...

Jamie Dukes
Die hard niner fan from NYC here. I'm flying out Sunday morning for the game. Who's going to be tailgating at the stick?! Flight lands in sfo at 1030am pacific.

This will be my first time attending a home game, and I am beyond pumped.

Just so this isn't completely off topic, I think we can definitely hang with the giants so long as we can keep their feisty pass rush at bay.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Jamie Dukes

I wonder what excuses they will come up with after we beat the Ravens and Steelers.

Jamie Dukes
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by Niners99:
If we can go 4-0 on the road against some tough teams, we should be able to beat the Giants at home.

Lets hope they come into this week emotionally drained from the huge win @NE, and the trip across the country doesnt sit too well with them. Also, lets hope Niner fans show up and fill the stadium. were 7-1, lets not sell half of the tickets to Giants fans. we always give up such a bit home field advantage by not having enough fans present to make it loud for the opposing team.
My wife and I bought a ticket and we are coming up from San Diego. It will be our first game at "The Stick." Hopefully now that we are playing well, Niner fans won't be selling their tickets away. I don't know what you are used to, but I guarantee my section up in the cheap seats will be loud.

First time at the stick too, and I plan on being one of the loudest people in

Agree. Beating a good team later in the season earns you much more cred than beating "potentially" good teams early on. Haters can argue that the eagles were on a cold streak and the lions were a fluke, but if we beat the giants at this point in the year after they just beat the pats it will be hard to knock us down.
Like beating potential playoff teams like the Bengals, Eagles, Bucs, and Lions hasn't shut enough people up yet?
It shut some people up, not all of them. I see where you are coming from that this game really will be a statement game against a proven opponent.
[ Edited by Harbaughsgroupy on Nov 7, 2011 at 2:38 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Jamie Dukes

I wonder what excuses they will come up with after we beat the Ravens and Steelers.
Alex sold his soul to the devil and other teams cannot compete on that kind of level
Originally posted by Harbaughsgroupy:
Die hard niner fan from NYC here. I'm flying out Sunday morning for the game. Who's going to be tailgating at the stick?! Flight lands in sfo at 1030am pacific.

This will be my first time attending a home game, and I am beyond pumped.

Just so this isn't completely off topic, I think we can definitely hang with the giants so long as we can keep their feisty pass rush at bay.

Dude.. You won't even be out of SFO until 11-11:30, and then are going to have to rush to the point to get there just in time for kickoff(esp if you'll be parking). I wouldn't worry about any tailgating lol. Should have flown into Oakland, or just gotten in earlier...or both,
As long as we stop tiki and plaxico we have a shot.

Jk but they might be without nicks and Bradshaw
I want to see Hunter and Gore in together. And PLEASE let's utilize Hunter in the passing game. Let Alex swing it out to Hunter and have the big boys maul the Giants. I'll take those 7-10 yard pass plays all day.

On a side note...I REALLY hope we get this b******t cute shifting down in terms of the time it takes. That BS early in the Redskins game can't happen against a team like the Giants. 3rd and 1 vs 3rd and 6 when you're trying to drive against a tough Giants defense is a big deal. I really hope these "minor" errors are taken care of by Harbaugh and Co.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Dude.. You won't even be out of SFO until 11-11:30, and then are going to have to rush to the point to get there just in time for kickoff(esp if you'll be parking). I wouldn't worry about any tailgating lol. Should have flown into Oakland, or just gotten in earlier...or both,

I have carry on luggage only and I'm in presidents circle with hertz so I'll have a car ready to go and waiting when I land so hoping to book it there quick. I was worried about this but it was the earliest flight I could get from NYC on a Sunday morning!

guess its a good thing I can "tailgate" on the plane. I wonder if I'll be the only one on the flight in a Willis jersey.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I want to see Hunter and Gore in together. And PLEASE let's utilize Hunter in the passing game. Let Alex swing it out to Hunter and have the big boys maul the Giants. I'll take those 7-10 yard pass plays all day.

On a side note...I REALLY hope we get this b******t cute shifting down in terms of the time it takes. That BS early in the Redskins game can't happen against a team like the Giants. 3rd and 1 vs 3rd and 6 when you're trying to drive against a tough Giants defense is a big deal. I really hope these "minor" errors are taken care of by Harbaugh and Co.

Couldn't agree more on the shifting. We can not keep shooting ourselves in the foot with wasted time outs and penalties for something so stupid!
This will be the biggest game for our team in years. I have two predictions: We lose big time, i mean big time. Or we pull off a game winning FG.

Just hoping to have a injury free, positive game.

Lets get that 8th Niners!!!
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
This will be the biggest game for our team in years. I have two predictions: We lose big time, i mean big time. Or we pull off a game winning FG.

Just hoping to have a injury free, positive game.

Lets get that 8th Niners!!!

After watching the last few games I think our D is too tough and our running game is too effective for us to get blown out by ANYBODY.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

The shifting wasnt the problem. The problem was the fef not getting off the ball until 10 f**kING SECONDS left on the play clock. That delay of game was 100% b******t, and the ref ignoring harbaughs timeout call on that play was also f**king complete b******t.